Start by marking “Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll” as Want to Read:
Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll

Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll (Tabloid Scandals #2)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  26 reviews

In all her time as premier tour manager to Australia's stars, Charli Chambers has never had someone as infuriating—or delectable!—as successful businessman Luca Petrelli along for the ride. He might always be in the gossip columns, but there's no way she's letting him claim VIP status!

But Luca's wicked eyes are just too tempting. In spite of herself, Charli's soon attendin
Published October 1st 2011 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll

RLA
This is the story of Charli and Luca. Charli is a tour manager about to embark on a come-back tour for ageing rock star Storm Varth (love that name!). She has also been asked by her boss, whom she considers a father figure, to show his grandson Luca the ropes, something she is not happy about in the slightest. Luca has agreed to help out with the tour finances as a favour to his grandfather, despite not having an easy relationship with him. Both Luca and Charli have demons from growing up, which ...more
Saly
Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll was my first book by Nicola Marsh but it won't be the last. I loved the way the book was written, it was fun, real, passionate and emotional and I could really get where Luca and Charli were coming from.

Charli owes a lot to her boss and mentor Hector(the music mogul), who took her in and gave her a life when her mother threw her on the streets for her boyfriend. Charli has made a nice life for herself overcoming her bad childhood, she does have some fear at times
Rhonda
Charli loves her job taking care of rock stars while they are touring. See that hotels,publicity,thier special wants and needs are taken care of so its the best tour it can be. She doesn't baby sit. Her boss has his playboy grandson comming to take care of the money since he fired the accountant.

She goes to pick him up at hotel and he answers in a towel. Charli thinks he is hot but has not time for him. Especially since Luca has not been back to see his grandfather Hector in ten years.

Charli at
Katrina
My first book by Nicola Marsh and she had me giggling by page 14. Eyes fluttering and grinning sheepishly at Luca's standoffish behavioiur. He was hot to trot, had spunk - wicked eyes and cheeky smile to make any girl swoon over ** I was hooked. ** I read this in one sitting !!

Sitting on the bed like a chesire cat:grinning at Luca and Charli's flirtaseous antics and also sadded by there tortured souls.

Nicola created a wonderful romance, filled with tantalizing romance, heart felt moments,and a
Booklover
WOW!wonderful read,adored both Luca-Charlie,their bickering and how slowly their truce develops into friendship and then love, both have been rejected by their parents(Luca by his father & Charlie by her mother) in past so they have created emotional walls to protect themselves,as they realise they are getting emotionally involved they are scared and run,they ignore each other

then Luca talks with his grand father they talk and his grandfather confesses he tried to make it upto Luca but it wa
Susanna Carr
Charli and Luca are initially wary of each other when they working on a concert tour. Charli doesn't know why Luca, her boss's grandson, has decided to show up after nearly a decade. Luca is suspicious of Charli, his grandfather's protégé. He believes Charli could be a gold-digger.

Charli was once a girl tossed on the streets. She works hard so she would never be that powerless again. She's something of a control freak but Luca has the ability to rattle that control. Luca has a playboy reputation
Teresa
This is a very sexy, flirty book. The two characters are instantly getting under each other's skin upon first meeting, so I enjoyed it very much. They had great chemistry together and that was felt on the page.

The reason I couldn't quite give it four stars is because I felt like I was being bashed over the head about the conflict, how both were emotionally flawed, so how both couldn't commit. It felt repetitive rather than revealing more to their past as the story developed.

Putting that aside,
Harlie Williams
I know, I know. Most people are already exiting the review because its a Harlequin book and that's rather sad. As most people know, I love my Harlie's and promote, talk about and holler has loud as I can about them. I chose to read a Presents Extra for a number of reasons. The first reason is that I haven't read one in over a year and secondly, I love Nicola Marsh's Harlequin Romances. I was not disappointed in picking this one up.

Charli is a complicated character as first. She is a tour manager
Nas Dean

SEX, GOSSIP AND ROCK & ROLL is a fabulous story by author Nicola Marsh and would release as Harlequin Presents.

Charli doesn’t do love and relationships. She’s spent her life trying to regain power by staying on top of her job, staying in control all the time after being tossed out on the street by her mother when she was sixteen. Saved by music mogul Hector Landry, CEO of Australia’s biggest recording company, she owed him. But surely he was asking too much of her to babysit his grandson?

But
Romancing the Book
Review by Desere: When I think of my favorite song or band I often think of what is must be like for the musician on the other side of that song or band.How personal is their lives really and how do they cope with being in the public eye and do heir relationships actually really stand up to the test or are they really just true playboys? What about the lives of their managers and friends how are they affected by the celebrity status of those they are associated with?

In Sex,Gossip and Rock and Ro
Fani

There is nothing wrong with this book except that I've read this troppe more times than I can count and while interesting the first time or two, it quickly lost its luster for me.

For the official synopsis, read Goodreads' description above. For the real deal read below:
Heroine is genuinely fond of the hero's rich and elderly _____ (fill in the blanks with a random relationship though in this case it's a grandpa). She's a real nice girl and kindhearted though with a tough exterior, but t
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Set in Australia, this book reminds me of the old Mills and Boon Romances. Because of this, I had a lovely wave of nostalgia while reading this book. Having said that, please, be assured it is definitely a contemporary novel, and is completely set in the here and now.

One of the threads that caused the nostalgia was the constant verbal antagonism and misconceptions between the hero and the heroine. The near constant bickering was in di
Bridie Coleman
Really enjoyed this book too - whereas Interview with a Daredevil had me with just the mere mention of a George Clooney lookalike this had me at the towel! Fabulously witty dialogue and Luca, well Luca could make you want to do really bad things (in a good way!). And to top it all it's based in the music industry which I just love to read about. Great characters - couldn't put it down!

Great stuff - highly recommended.
Ada
Luca and Charli were fantastic characters. It was nice to see them both battle through their emotional scars to get their happy ending. I liked the book and their road to romance.
Marg
3.5/5

Loved the Australian setting - it felt pretty authentic. Only one case where I was thrown out of the story by the use of an American word that we wouldn't generally use.

Paula
I'm sorry but this was too much same old, same old.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Tabloid Scandals
Ms_prue
I HAVEN'T FINISHED IT YET BUT GUYS. GUYS. YOU NEED SOME QUOTES. SERIOUSLY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON HERE, GUYS. OMG.

p.16
'Nice try to deflect, Goldi [short for gold-digger, of course], shame it didn't work.'
'Stop calling me that!'
'If the Louboutin fits.'
He dropped his gaze to her shoes, and she didn't know what unsettled her more. The fact he recognised the artistic brilliance of her favourite shoe designer or the way his gaze slowly travelled upwards the entire length of her leg,
Katrina

Sitting on the bed like a chesire cat: giggling at Luca and Charli's flirtaseous antics and also sadened by there tortured souls.

A Tasty Read Book Reviews
To be Reviewed on http://atastyread.blogspot.com 10/8/11

Firstly, I want to say that the book has a VERY cute premis. I like the idea of the bosses right hand woman and his bad boy grandson hitting the scene and making sparks. Luca was a hottie with a capital "H". But that wasn't all that he was...he was intelligent, easy going but with that bad boy broken thing going on...How was Charli ever going to resist that.

I liked Charli as the heroine. She was kick butt and didn't take shit from anyone..
Bungluna
So much is made of the emotional baggage of the main characters that I wanted to send them both to therapy.
Angie
One more uninteresting plot, if we can call it a plot. The story is poor, the characters are so traumatised by their sad past, they seem to be a caricature, and their pseudo chemistry doesn't do the trick. I saw nothing worth the reading here.
Samantha
Super Librarian TBR Challenge 2012 January. Category Romance.
I liked the characters, but the romance didn't really do much for me. I was hoping it would be a little more Rock & Roll... I good read, but not a keeper.
Lindsay
I was really looking forward to reading this book, but it ended up disappointing me. I love Harlequin Presents books, but this one fell short.

It was still a decent and quick read, just not as good as past books.
Sassafrass
This was a cute contemporary romance. It was fun and had a lot of chemistry between the H/h. I wasn't blown away but it was a light read. Perfect vacation/beach book. :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Tabloid Scandals
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
JR
JR marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • One Last Night
  • The S Before Ex
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • Forbidden or For Bedding?
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • The Devil and the Deep
  • Ruthless Greek Boss, Secretary Mistress
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • Mistress for a Weekend
  • The Devil's Heart
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • With This Fling
  • The Ultimate Risk
  • The Matchmaker Bride
USA TODAY bestselling author Nicola Marsh writes flirty fiction with flair for adults and spooky, supernatural fiction for young adults.

She has published 55 books with Harlequin, Entangled Publishing and indie, and sold over 6 million copies worldwide.

Her first mainstream contemporary romance, BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD (Entangled Publishing) released to rave reviews, including a nomination for RWA's RBY
More about Nicola Marsh...

Tabloid Scandals (2 books)
  • The S Before Ex
Before (Bombshells, #0.5) Not The Marrying Kind Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2) Brash (Bombshells, #1) Blush (Bombshells, #2)