Start by marking “Silver Sea (Raveneau #3)” as Want to Read:
Silver Sea (Raveneau #3)

Silver Sea (Rakes & Rebels #8)

Special Author's Cut Edition
Originally published by Ballantine Books as BARBADOS

1818: Nathan Raveneau is known as “The Scapegrace” in Regency London for his rakish exploits and devastating good looks. He's also a sea captain with an estate on Barbados, where his enemy Xavier Crowe lives. To gain land adjoining Crowe’s, Nathan agrees to act as protector to headstrong Adrien
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 2nd 2011 by Cynthia Challed (first published June 27th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Sea

Stacey
Feb 17, 2017 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BARBADOS aka SILVER SEA aka HIS RECKLESS BARGAIN, finally brings together the Raveneau and Beauvisage families. I originally read BARBADOS when it first came out (I still have my paperback copy) and then reread HIS RECKLESS BARGAIN as an ebook. A reckless bargain, indeed. After an annoying encounter with a young lady whose interest in a fan, disturbs traffic, Nathan Raveneau goes to his club, only to run into his father's old friend Nicholai Beauvisage. Nicholai is worried about his daughter Adr ...more
Nessa
Jan 28, 2016 Nessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I HAD A HARD TIME RATING THIS BOOK BECAUSE I WANTED TO GIVE IT A 3.8 STARS WHICH IS QUITE ODD. WHY? BECAUSE....

As much as I enjoyed the story, it wasn't a joyride or anything but rather it comes of as SLOW and some parts were UNNECESSARY and also the fact that the characters can be quite so stubborn in their ways it annoys you.

OUR HERO is the delightful rogue Nathan whom you already know from the blurb that he is captain of his own ship. Because of his family's friendship with Adrienne's family
Samantha
Aug 02, 2016 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Headstrong Adrienne Beauvisage insists on maintaining independence by taking employment as companion to Lady Thomasina Harms after her last position as governess ends abruptly when she has to lock her charges father in a closet at knifepoint to escape his advances. In light of continuous threats from her spurned former employer, her father hires notorious rake Nathan Raveneau to protect Adrienne and keep her chaste until her 21st birthday. In return, Nathan will receive a plot of land in Barbado ...more
June
Oct 05, 2012 June rated it it was amazing
I have read a great deal of Cynthia Wright's books and they all are very good. but strangly this one is my favourit. This is not a perfect book but both chracters in the book are perfectly descibed and defined. I like Adrienne she becomes much stronger and smarter than any other heroine in Cynthia's other books. And Nathan while maintaining a typical old romance chracteristic but still completely lost and confused.

It would have been nicer to have more of the Raveneau and Beauvisage union at the
Dixie
Dec 29, 2015 Dixie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventure leads to love

Adrienne and Nathan were wonderful characters, both wanting adventure in life, rather than marriage. Both their parents had met through adventurous circumstances, made love matches and then, over time, had "settled down" into relatively "boring" lives. So, Adrienne and Nathan each sought independence and adventure. Over the course of this book, they fall into one adventure after another, finally learning that marriage may well be the best adventure of all.
Mhollie
Sep 16, 2011 Mhollie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cynthia-wright
Silver Sea f/k/a Barbados is an epic tale of drama, adventure and romance. Adrienne Beauvisage, is a spoiled and headstrong young woman who constantly jumps into “new adventures”. Her father, Nicholai Beauvisage, worried for her, hires the dashing, albeit lovelorn, Capitan Nathan Ravaneau to watch over her. Sparks fly when, Ravaneau follows Adrienne disguised as Nathan Essex, her protector. High drama at high tea and on the high seas! A great read!
Mainer207
Feb 24, 2015 Mainer207 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I really want to like these books. The stories are good, characters are interesting, but the narration of the audiobooks is a deal-breaker. It's just horrid. If I hadn't won the next book of the series in a contest I would not listen to anything else narrated by Emily Beresford. Cynthia Wright has woven a great family saga and her writing keeps me interested. Too bad her work is ruined by poor narration.
Laurel
Mar 01, 2016 Laurel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series, but not one of my favorites

Occasionally I find one of this series and make sure to read it. I like the series but these two characters were not my favorites nor was the storyline. I just didn't like them or their chemistry as much as some of the other couples in the series. Still an enjoyable read.
Amy
May 31, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Really enjoy all her books. Really fun getting to know all the family's and each of their stories :). This is the very last book of the bunch. She is currently writing another to follow this book. Can't wait to read that one too!
Barbara Svetlick
Sep 04, 2014 Barbara Svetlick rated it liked it
Shelves: romanic-fiction
It has been wonderful to loose myself in my favorite romantic fiction writer from long ago. I think the books need to have an descendent chart just because the characters go from book to book but I had no problems following them.
Joann
Feb 09, 2016 Joann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just did not come to life

This book just could not come to life for me. A lot poor conversations. Story line was dull. I like more realistic history in some book. The slavery was there but did not stress the severity of their lives.
Adconacher
Kinda slow.
Paula
Aug 01, 2016 Paula rated it liked it
3.5 stars good, i really liked adrienne and how she handled nathan's idiotic male behaviour which was thankfully short and not the extent as other HR's i've read.
Lori Gartin
May 25, 2013 Lori Gartin rated it really liked it
Liked it a lot there was always something going on you sure don't get bored I like all the details about the characters
Katie
Aug 26, 2014 Katie rated it liked it
I really liked the main characters in this story although not as good for me as the second book still a great read!
Crissy Solomon
Crissy Solomon rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Phi Le
Phi Le rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Rita
Rita rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Elizabeth Winters
Elizabeth Winters rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2017
George R. Stone
George R. Stone rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2016
Marnie
Marnie rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Ginger Michalek
Ginger Michalek rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
Erica Pickering
Erica Pickering rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
deborah crnkovic
deborah crnkovic rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Ami
Ami rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2017
Marilyn Joan
Marilyn Joan rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Ann Ferazzi santos
Ann Ferazzi santos rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2013
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 01, 2015 10:31AM
  • The Mistress At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade, #3)
  • Captive Scoundrel (Knave of Hearts, #2)
  • A Rake's Guide To Pleasure (Somerhart, #2)
  • Answer as a Man
  • Happily Ever After
  • The Admiral's Heart (Heroes of the Sea, #0.5)
  • Tender Betrayal
  • Soldier of Fortune (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #2 )
  • Highland Grace (Highlands Trilogy, #2)
  • Windsong (Song, #2)
  • Rainbow's End
  • Seaswept Abandon (McClellan Brothers, #2)
  • A Ravishing Redhead (Wedded Women Quartet, #2)
  • Promise Me Forever
  • Edin's Embrace
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cynthia Wright says:
Because so many readers have asked, "In what order should I read the Beauvisage & Raveneau books?" - here is that oft-requested list!
Although the titles stand alone, these two series intertwine with some characters crossing over, and many readers enjoy them in chronological order:
1781 - SILVER STORM
1783 - CAROLINE
1789 - TOUCH
More about Cynthia Wright...

Rakes & Rebels (9 books)
  • Silver Storm (Raveneau, #1)
  • Caroline (Beauvisage, #1)
  • Touch The Sun (Beauvisage, #2)
  • Spring Fires (Beauvisage, #3)
  • Smuggler's Moon (Rakes & Rebels: The Raveneau Family Book 2)
  • Surrender the Stars (Raveneau #2)
  • Her Dangerous Viscount (Beauvisage, #4)
  • Tempest (Raveneau #4)