Everything We Ever Wanted: Advance Excerpt

Everything We Ever Wanted: Advance Excerpt

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  9 reviews

An Advance excerpt of the new novel by Sarah Shepard, "Everything We Ever Wanted," with an exclusive essay from the author on writing the book.

Kindle Edition

Vicky (Books, Biscuits, and Tea)
Have you ever felt like things are slipping through your fingers and you cannot do anything but let them? Have you ever wished you could take back things you said before or that you could forget the past and start your life all over again? This is exactly what the Bates-McAllisters are going through in Sara Shepard's latest novel, Everything We Ever Wanted.

It all starts with a telephone call. Sylvie Bates-McAllister, a recently-widowed mother of two gets a late-night phone call from the headmast...more
Kiki
This book was an advanced reader copy.

I enjoyed Shepard's first adult novel, 'The Visibles', but 'Everything We Ever Wanted' was even better. The Bates-McAllister family is facing a major crisis, or so they think. Sylvie Bates-McAllister, mother to Scott and Charles, is a recent widow with a lot on her mind. Her husband just passed away without warning a few months ago, her son Scott is being implicated in a possible hazing scandal at the swanky private prep-school her grandfather basically resc...more
Jessica
I am a fan of both The Lying Game and Pretty Little Liars. However those two series seem really similar to me so I decided to check out some of Shepards other work to try to find a difference and I was not disapointed by Everything We Ever Wanted.

The Bates-McAllister family appear to be the perfect family from an outsiders perspective but one event changes it all. The mother Sylvie gets a phone call notifying her of a potential hazing at her the school her family has founded and that it might h...more
Millicent
"What if the life you always planned for and dreamed of isn't what you want after all?" That sums up this book where the characters misrepresent themselves (& others), keep secrets, jump to incorrect conclusions, but finally--FINALLY--understand & accept what will make them happy.
Cyndy
This book started out really well. The characters were interesting, the story really taking shape. Then in the middle of the book, it's like someone entirely different is writing. The story becomes disjointed, the characters are vague to the point where it doesn't even make sense. This seems to happen so often in novels. The first half is on fire, the second half burns right out. Too much angst, not enough story. Boring.
Elizabeth Potter
I liked Sara's other books and from the synopsis, I thought it would be a great read. Unfortunately, the stories wound around in so many different directions and never truly fund it's way. When I finished it I was scratching my head because it never really wrapped up. I was really disappointed.
Bailey Jones
This book was a very boring book. I would not recommended it.
Cassiday Tamillo
I'd like to read the entire book!
Celina
Celina marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Chobee
Chobee marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kayla Straub
Kayla Straub marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jill
Jill is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2014
Kelisa
Kelisa added it
Jun 21, 2014
Kelly Maldia
Kelly Maldia marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Sherri Fisher
Sherri Fisher marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Dorre
Dorre marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Leah Field
Leah Field marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Kate Rooney
Kate Rooney marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Lara Campbell
Lara Campbell marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Shellieannn
Shellieannn marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Lania
Lania marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Nerdbabe
Nerdbabe marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Janeen Farrah
Janeen Farrah marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Meagan Wilkins
Meagan Wilkins marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3) Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4) Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)