Start by marking “Voodoo Kiss (Ancient Legends, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voodoo Kiss (Ancient Legends, #3)

Voodoo Kiss (Ancient Legends #3)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,269 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Aspiring rock star, Sofia, had her whole future figured out. Or so she thought until her sister's sacrificed in a horrific ritual. Now Sofia's haunted by dreadful nightmares and terrifying visions from a past she never knew existed.

On a trip to Brazil, something awakens inside Sofia -- her legacy, a blessing and a curse, drawing to her every paranormal creature out there:
Paperback
Published October 15th 2011 by Aurora Press (first published October 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Voodoo Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voodoo Kiss

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesA Discovery of Witches by Deborah HarknessDivergent by Veronica Roth
Favorite Books You Recommend
49th out of 290 books — 149 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Best Teen Paranormal/Vampire Reads
286th out of 709 books — 1,371 voters

More lists with this book...

Elizabeth Svigar Stephen
Oct 29, 2011 Elizabeth Svigar Stephen rated it it was amazing
Autumn is my favorite season, and Halloween my favorite holiday, so I celebrated these dual favorites by reading a delightful, ghoulish, fun Y/A paranormal novel by prolific and highly rated author Jayde Scott. I was feeling particularly courageous and intrigued by the book’s premise, so I did this despite the fact that I had not yet read the earlier books in the series (called Ancient Legends) – a deficiency I quickly corrected after reading Voodoo Kiss. Luckily, Scott is such a strong writer t ...more
Diana Schmitt
May 24, 2012 Diana Schmitt rated it it was amazing
Voodoo Kiss is even more riveting and full of nonstop action than its prequel. Scott offers an unflinching and grim look at what life can be when there is a death in the family and everyone gives you the blame.This dark, gripping, and highly suspenseful read will have readers chomping at the bit for a sequel.
Julia Crane
Oct 19, 2011 Julia Crane rated it it was amazing
Voodoo Kiss is an intriguing, fast-paced read. I really enjoyed all of the characters, but I would have to say Thrain was my favorite. The story line was great. Scott blended the paranormal creatures seamlessly together. I look forward to reading more from this author.
K.T. (Paranormal Teen Club)
Voodoo kiss is an exciting page turner!! It was my favorite of the series. All I wanted to do was keep reading. Thanks for a wonderful book that all ages can enjoy!!!
Michelle
Apr 29, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jayde Scott really knows how to wield a pen to drag you into her world and not let you go until the very end and even then your begging for more!
Lenore Wolfe
Jan 24, 2012 Lenore Wolfe rated it it was amazing
In my review of Doomed, I didn't want to give away the loss Cass was forced to endure, as I felt this was one of the major cliff hangers of Doomed and would have needed a spoiler alert, which I steer clear of, so I'm banking on the fact that everyone has read the first two books of this series before reading this one. Jayde is a wonderful writer, and Voodoo's Kiss was the best one in the series yet. I was creeped out by Gael, and the danger I sensed with him sucked me into the story immediately. ...more
B at Spare Time Book Blog
I was so excited to get to read this book. I have really liked this series and couldn't wait to get to Voodoo Kiss! After the first few pages of this book I was wondering how it was going to all tie in with the other books/characters in the Ancient Legends series. All I can say is about this book is that it blew me away. It was put together so well that the plot just flowed so well. I found myself in parts of the book, admiring the writing technique. I wasn't sure I would like Sofia after enjoyi ...more
Vanessa Gerald
Jan 02, 2013 Vanessa Gerald rated it it was amazing
Bad boy meets troubled girl.
description

When I started to read the first two books of the ancient legends series,little did I know how addictive this series is. Whenever I finish a book in the ancient legends series, the first thing I do is buy the next one.

Voodoo Kiss picks up right where the second left off and although we have now a new character (Sofia), the story continues from the last book and becomes downright sweet, romantic.

description

Sofia is a troubled girl. She's lost her sister. Her parents believe that
Charles
Jan 20, 2012 Charles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story by Jayde Scott. I really believe she outdid herself this time. I was especially glad to see that she included all of our favorite characters throughout the whole book while introducing us to new characters. I'm also excited to know that she is working on a fourth book in the series. I can't wait for "Bewitched" to come out! This is a must read for YA Paranormal Romance fans - make sure to read A Job From Hell and Doomed too! (I recommend reading them in order, as the storylin ...more
Chera Pitsenbarger
Feb 09, 2014 Chera Pitsenbarger rated it it was amazing
loved it! I'm all about the paranormal stuff and I love books that have to do with it. I don't like books that are slow paced and this one definitely wasn't. just wish the author would have extended some of the action scenes rather than concentrating on the mushy ones. don't get me wrong, mushy gushy is great but not every other paragraph. over all I still loved it and am totally enjoying this series.
Melissa
Nov 18, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
Good book. Started out a little bit slow but once the action picked up I couldn't put it down. You follow Cass' search to return Dallas to his body through a voodoo priestess. Thrain, a tracker demon, helps locate Sofia and also learns they share a bond. I am anxious to find out whose story we get to read about next in Bewitched.
Stephany
Dec 14, 2011 Stephany rated it it was amazing
I love this series! The way all the main characters from past books are important in each new one. And that each new one has a new main plot with different characters at the forefront. You never really know what the next in the series is going to bring you, always a surprise! Can't wait for the next Jayde! Keep them coming!
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing
Jayde Scott does a wonderful job drawing into her world and wrapping you up in the story. I feel like the characters are my friends. I look forward to spending more time with them.

I am so glad Cass/Dallas and Aiden/Amber have their stories continued, even as secondary characters.
Janelle
Jan 08, 2013 Janelle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. A very unusual story line. The writing is amazingly descriptive.

Update January, 2013 - I re-read this book when I was looking for a new book to read. Thoroughly enjoyed it the second time through. So descriptive and unusual story.
Sally L. Stuart
Oct 01, 2012 Sally L. Stuart rated it it was amazing
Jayde Scott really knows how to make demons sexy! I had no idea about this author, but with the price of this book, you can't beat it. I flew through each one in the AL series and really enjoyed them all. I will be getting more of her books in the future.
Doreen
Sep 16, 2012 Doreen rated it it was amazing
Let me say that I did not see this ending coming!!! This was such a breath of fresh air for me. A completely original concept that stands alone from all of the rest of the paranormal books i have read in my life. Definately a keeper!!!
Christine
Sep 17, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books by this author. Who can't say no to a HOT shapeshifter who wants to protect you. Yummy!!!! J Scott knows just know to describe Thrain so you can almost picture the guy right there with you. HOT!

Stacy Sabala
Apr 28, 2015 Stacy Sabala rated it liked it
Book Review- Voodoo Kiss by Jayde Scott

Sophia is a struggling musician, who is playing small gigs and getting ready for college. Her boyfriend Gael has surprised her with a trip to Rio. She is torn about going because her feelings for Gael aren’t what she thought, besides his behavior has changed lately. He has become more demanding and controlling. However she decided to go and ignore his behavior. He was there for her when her sister died. Of course her life is about to change.
Once in Rio at t
Allyson Rida
Oct 05, 2012 Allyson Rida rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought
Review also on: http://chillinwithbooks.blogspot.hk/

Plot:

Voodoo Kiss is another wonderful installment to the Ancient Legends series. The book is very fast-paced, a lot seemed to happen in one chapter. While I do like to have a more complex story, sometimes I tend to forget details from previous chapters when I put down the book and picked it up later. Luckily, I wasn't exactly lost, I could pick things up again after a few paragraphs, when the memories come back.

The story this time is more mys
Jessica
Aug 11, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best book I've read in this series so far. If you haven't read it, its about a girl Sofia who is the reincarnation of a powerful voodoo priestest. The whole gang is back in this book Cass, Amber, Aidan, Kieran, Clare, and Thrain(HOTT!). And of course Thrain and Sofia end up having the bond together.

I really liked the relationship between Sofia and Thrain, it was much more relaxed then any of the other ones. She isn't whiny at all, and doesn't fight their bond. There whole relationship is simple
Felecia
Dec 29, 2014 Felecia rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time reading this series. Though I usually finish ~20 books a month, it took all of December to complete this 6-book series. I loved this story line, but with all of the irregularities and bouncing from one character to another, I was lost. I didn't really like either Dallas or Cass, and further books in the series didn't really clarify anything. This could have been a Great series
Aubrey
Sep 18, 2012 Aubrey rated it liked it
Sophia and Thrain's story, very cute. Sophia was very open to the changes and explanations of what was happening around and to her. But not in a way where she came across as naive, just putting her knowledge and history together with what she learned, and makes reasonable conclusions. So it was refreshing to not be frustrated with the heroine all the time, like Cass and Amber can be. This wasn't my favorite of the series so far, but only because I was very vested in what was happening with Amber ...more
Chelsea Scott
Jul 08, 2014 Chelsea Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I just love how everything ties together in this series. Everyone is connected and unlikely friends and soul mates are found. Amazing read I'm addicted to the series and can't wait to read the next book!
Mare
Jun 03, 2012 Mare rated it really liked it
Had to read book 3 FAST. Had to know what happened to Dallas! So intro. a new character, Sofia. Sofia is a rock-star hopeful. She comes from Russia where she and her mom struggled after her dad up & left them… she followed him later to America where he has a new family & thankfully she’s welcomed. Unfortunately, her Russian bloodline is a wanted one and bad “people” prey upon her & kill her little sister Theo.
Lucifer tells Cass she needs her so she sends Thrain, the shape-shifting d
Farah
Aug 27, 2014 Farah rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Someday I will get the whole series in paperbacks.
Bryee
Oct 14, 2014 Bryee rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Alright Thrain is delicious i must say! and Sofia with thrain is even more yummy! I loved their relationship :) The story was good but some things well not things but how the writing went. That is why it can't get a 5 star. Sometimes reading was annoying because how Jayde writes is hmm not bad but to quick. Yes i love quick reads but sometimes certain things i wish were explained more or she use different wording. Other then that it was a good read :) and lots of steamy kisses ;D
Danielle
Jul 13, 2012 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-hate
I was bored yes, but I suppose not completely bored all the way to tears. Just sort of bored to a quivering chin that could lead to tears if it wasn't summer and I had actually paid for the book. As it was, thankfully it was a free ebook on my nook and I had consciously signed up for a brainless read. I hate when I do that. It always seems like a good idea but then I get into these brainless books and my faith in good story telling is shaken.
DeeDee
Jul 06, 2012 DeeDee rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, dnf
I'm giving up on this one about 70% through. Not that I hated it, I just wasn't interested in the outcome, mostly because I skipped book 2 in the series. I really liked it about 2 stars worth, but I'm giving it a 3 because it's my fault for not reading book 2. I probably would go ahead and finish it if I didn't have so many other books in my TBR pile that I'm dying to get to. Maybe I'll go back and finish this someday.
Holly Douglas
Apr 22, 2014 Holly Douglas rated it really liked it

More supernatural beings, more mystery and humour in another book of the Ancient Legends series.
Dallas is dead, Cass is cursed to never leave hell, Amber is feeling the loss of her brother. Is there a way to bring back Dallas?
Is this 3rd book of Ancient Legends. Amber, Adrian and Thrain search for a Voodoo Priestess with the power to bring back the dead.
Amanda
Apr 11, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, jayde-scott
This series is surprising...I really enjoy the whole unconventional family aspect of it. So far, the shadows seem of a dubious character. Only time and secrets revealed in the coming books will tell.
  • Impassable Force (Force of Nature, #8)
  • Rolling in the Deep (Hawaiian Heroes, #2)
  • Return of the Legacy (The Portals of Destiny, #1)
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Oppressed  (Arelia LaRue, #4)
  • Enchant (Rae Wilder, #3)
  • Capture (Cryptid Chronicles, #2)
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The Fahllen, #2)
  • Forever Enchanted (Fairies of Rush, #2)
  • Eternity
  • Fearless (The Blue Fire Saga, #4)
  • Torn (Demon Kissed, #3)
  • Vampire Ever After (Blood and Snow, #12)

Ancient Legends (6 books)
  • A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1)
  • Doomed (Ancient Legends, #2)
  • Dead And Beyond (Ancient Legends, #4)
  • Forever and Beyond (Ancient Legends, #5)
  • Shadow Blood (Ancient Legends, #6)

“what’s meant for you will reach you in time, and if you embrace it with your arms wide open it might just stay with you forever and bless you with more happiness than you could ever envision.” 14 likes
“Soul mates are said to be two souls destined to be together, programmed to recognize each other across time and space. I didn’t know whether that was the truth, but I was inclined to believe it” 13 likes