Start by marking “Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)

Shadow of the Mark (Carrier #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,622 ratings  ·  161 reviews
Their love could destroy them all.

Through the ages, Marked Ones have harnessed the powers of the four elements: Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. Much about the elements is shrouded in mystery, but one thing is certain: A relationship between two Marked Ones has the potential to cause widespread devastation.

Megan and Adam—Air and Water—are determined to defy the risks.

But the p
Paperback, 1st Edition, 308 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Mark

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
115th out of 1,501 books — 10,346 voters
Unravel Me by Tahereh MafiThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiScarlet by Marissa MeyerProdigy by Marie LuEverbound by Brodi Ashton
2013 YA/MG Sequels
17th out of 110 books — 821 voters

More lists with this book...

Blythe
Oct 25, 2012 Blythe marked it as will-not-read
You can tell they put a lot of effort into this cover. I mean, just look at how different it is from the first cover! They changed her dress' train, changed the sky and even tilted the model's body! *phew* I don't know how you cover designers do it. Really.

[image error]
Hayden Casey
Oct 23, 2012 Hayden Casey marked it as want-plz
Wow, you guys... I am in awe of this cover's originality and creativity.

I also love how distinct it is from the first one. They are so different from each other, it was difficult for me to realize this is part of the same series.

☣Lynn☣
Let me guess....new moon right
Amanda
Oct 16, 2014 Amanda marked it as how-about-no
Oooh, I know! In the third book cover, she'll be upside-down!
Rhea

Book 3 cover is out!

I should be a cover artist
Shelby Incognito
Thy creativity knows no bounds, cover designers.
Laurel
Oct 23, 2012 Laurel marked it as never-will-i-ever
Wow. That cover.
Such differentiation. The purple and poofs, I would've never have thought that it was the same stock image simply flipped and color replaced.
Outstanding.
Perfection.
Incredible.
I want your genius, cover designer.
Wendy Higgins
I critiqued Leigh's first draft and I can't wait to read the final book!!! Very seldom to I love a sequel more than the original, but now and then it happens, and this is one of those times. :)
Bella Grace
Mar 27, 2013 Bella Grace marked it as maybe-to-read
Shelves: authors-be-crazy
Goshdamn. I have to read New Moon again this sequel to Carrier of the Mark so I know what shitty, ridiculously enjoyable incidents occur with Bella and Edward Megan and Adam.
Shii
Oct 31, 2012 Shii marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
Holy cow flying above!!!!!!!!!! THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance happy dance happy dance :):):):):):) I CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT!!! The first 1 was SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh seriously on a high now! Gatta go dance a bit now!!!!!!!!!
Miss
Jan 24, 2013 Miss marked it as to-read
WoW! How original is this cover!
Can´t wait to read New Moon Shadow Of The Mark...
Chelsea
Well gee would you look at that cover? I bet a lot of hard work was put into that. I mean...they had to change the color of her dress.
Whew, that can make you break a sweat!

Ok, where do I even begin?

So I remembered I enjoyed the series and got this book.

Number one problem? I forgot that I didn't enjoy the first book. As soon as I began reading about Megan there was a light bulb. I remembered that this was a copycat Twilight book.

Well I had checked it out for two weeks, so might as well use it, r
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Pretty
Rating: PG-13
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: The last sentence killed the book for me
Characters: Good
Plot: Rushing into trouble without thinking
Page Turner: Sure
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Not Sure Yet
Book Boyfriend: Adam

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
The book was far too predictable for my liking without the fast pace excitement to go with it. I guess I’m a little tire of the Romeo/Juliet set up. Still, it was interesting enough that I will continue on. I hope for a little mo
♥ ĸαяα ♥
Uh, yeah, I don't really have the words to describe this one. My thought are pretty much the same as the first novel in the series. Disappointing, to say the least.
Angela
Mar 17, 2012 Angela marked it as to-read
This series had a beautiful start! I can not wait to see what the future holds for this group of characters. Here to hoping it will get released earlier.
Ekin
Seriously!?! The first one was a pile of copy-of-Twilight-but-set-in-Ireland-and-too-confusing-to-follow crap!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I feel like I've been waiting forever to read this book; in fact, I had to read my review as a refresher because details were a little blurry. Problems with reading 100+ books a year - never a bad problem to have. But one thing I can truthfully say is its worth the wait. It starts off right where Carrier of the Mark ends and the adventure just gets bigger.

Megan is adjusting nicely to her new powers for she is the carrier of the the air element and we
Valerie

5 stars - Loving this one just as much as book one!

Some of my favorite paranormal books are elemental magic books. There's a reason for that. The idea of the 4 elements has so many wonderful possibilities that I can resist all the stories. I love the Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer and The Protector series by M.R. Merrick and this series. All are fabulous stories based on the elements and all three of them are so very different. That's what I love about elemental magic.

I will admit that this
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Shadow Of The Mark is the greatest sequel I have read in a long time. Fallon has a way with writing a story that grips you right from the very beginning and keeping you there to the end. This story is about love and so much more.

Megan and Adam are destined to be together or are they? How can a love be so right and so wrong? How can Megan love Adam and Adam love Megan knowing that they are both marked and the marked can never be with each other. If they do come together there will be dire consequ
Marjorie
I read the first book in this series because I was in Inkpop then, and I wanted to show some solidarity with a fellow Inkie, the first among us who got published because of the site. I found that I liked the story, but had gripes with the familiarity of the plot and the development of the main characters. Nevertheless, I wanted to read the second book. I wanted to know where the story would go.

So, I'd just read Shadow of the Mark and I have to say that though I like where everything is going, I
Charlotte
I as given an ARC by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Their love could destroy them all.

Megan and Adam—Air and Water—are determined to defy the risks.

But the power that swirls inside Megan is growi
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Feeling excited to step into this world again, I found it very exciting with lots of action.

Plot: It leaves off where the last book left off, with Megan doing her best to control her powers. Not all is going well and not to mention that Megan is out of the loop a lot. I felt like the plot ran fast leaving the reader trailing behind. I did my best to catch up, but honestly, I hate being out on secrets.

Love: This part I enjoyed more cause of the tension that they give off. Megan and Adam are not o
Jess
It was overall a very frustrating book. The love triangle was IMO very awkward. She loves one brother, but lusts all over the other brother and gets jealous when he's with his girlfriend, yet the first brother is hurt and still loves her, while the second brother is also lusting after her while he's with his girlfriend. It is not right...
And don't even get me started on Megan; she was...
- naive
- a complete bitch
The extent to
Dorine White
The Story-
This sequel takes place soon after Carrier of the Mark. We find Megan going to her first day of Fifth Year in Ireland. Adam and twin sister Aine are there too, but older brother Rian is off studying with the Dublin order. On the first day of school we meet knew student, Chloe. She quickly joins in with Megan and her friends, although Adam feels that she is hiding something.

Adam and Megan are working on their feelings for each other, and still hiding the fact that Megan's kisses affect
Ally
__There is SPOILING in this Review__

I do not know why, but I was drawn to Book Two at the Library.
Actually, I do know why. I give books a chance, even if I thought the first one was NOT something I would ever recommend nor would I pick up ever again for that matter.

Anyway, this book was A PINCH BETTER than the first.

For me, there was no darkness in Meghan's power. She was just taking Elements and then we find out at the end of the book WHY it was happening. And that wasn't even dark. It was wh
Kira
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Megan is one of the Marked Ones and as a result there is a lot of pressure in her life. But to make matters worse she is in love with Adam, who is also marked, and according to the ancient rules romance between Marked Ones is forbidden because of its dangerous results. Megan and Adam are willing to do anything to protect their love—but at what cost?

I am honestly torn when it comes to Shadow of the Mark--I neither loved it nor did I hate it. It started out a little bit slower than I would have l
Me, My Shelf and I
Who isn’t waiting on bated breath for this book? I ripped through it in about 4.5 hours giving my husband directions to feed the kids and take them outside when I needed to finish it. Nothing is worse than having to to read in the day and then when the end is upon you, you have to put the book down.

Let me tell you something, this book was worth the almost 2 years I waited to read it. Fallon amps up the mystery, drama, romance and action in SHADOW OF THE MARK! To think that the week her last roun
Tati
This was a really frustrating read. Megan, the heroine, was so inconsistent in her decisions that it was distracting. She would say "No, I don't think we should go". Then Adam says, "But we have to go." And Megan: "You're right, let's go." There wasn't even a real argument, she changed her mind like this. And the plot was eerily similar to that of the Starcrossed series. I caught myself merging the two stories in my head several times. Another issue that I had was that, since the first book was ...more
 Lianne Mei
It took me a little bit to get into this book and remember what had gone on in the previous book and who was who but overall I thought that this was an okay book. I liked the first one in the series more than this one because there was a bit more action. I got really annoyed when one of the characters like Megan or Adam would come up with a thought about this or that person being suspicious or something and then they never finish the thought and would just move on to the next situation or a seve ...more
Zakaria Daoud
I don't know why everyone has been complaining about the cover.Yes,it's identical to the first one but it's the same series so please give Leigh a break.
The first chapters were just as calm as the prequel, she introduced some new characters, who turned out to be essential to the story and what was that weird connexion between the DeRises and Megan? yeah she's the Clùain and she's supposed to devour their powers, brilliant ideas Leigh you really kept us eager to know more.
The things that really u
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Eternity (The Fury Trilogy, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly, #2)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Last Flight Out
  • Untitled (Winter Saga, #3)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals, #2)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
In short

I was born in South Africa, raised in Dublin, Ireland and moved to Cork in my 20’s. While living in beautiful Kinsale, Co Cork I discovered a love of writing. I write mainly for the young adult market. My current book, The Carrier of the Mark, prompted me to abandon my ‘riveting’ career in corporate treasury and have been writing ever since. I have another three books in the Carrier series
More about Leigh Fallon...
Carrier of the Mark (Carrier, #1) Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3) Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes