Start by marking “Getting Caught” as Want to Read:
Getting Caught

Getting Caught

Sometimes in war, there are no winners…

Peyton Brentwood is pretty, popular, and Harvard-bound. Or so she hopes. Her only distraction from AP classes and entrance exams is the prank war with her ex-best friend, Jess Hill. Peyton is used to getting what she wants, and she’s not about to let a loser like Jess gain the upper hand.

For Jess, the prank war is an outlet, a way to
Kindle Edition, kindle, 144 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Mandy Hubbard

To ask other readers questions about Getting Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Caught

Ashelynn
Sep 17, 2011 Ashelynn rated it really liked it
GETTING CAUGHT is a quick, fun read! Not even 200 pages long, and I was done reading it before I even knew—or wanted—it to be done!

The dual narrative was one of my favorite parts of the novel. I loved getting to know both the girls and their aspirations—even if Jess didn’t know what she wanted after high school.

I loved their “getting caught” game. It’s a prank war between them, ever since Jess ratted out on Peyton’s brother, and the only way somebody is going to win is if the other gets caught o
Amy
Aug 21, 2016 Amy rated it liked it
Mandy
Sep 06, 2011 Mandy added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The book I co-wrote with Cyn Balog, author of FAIRY TALE, SLEEPLESS, and more.
Alex
Apr 08, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it

At First Sight: Once upon a time, Jess Hill and Peyton Brentwood were the best of friends. But everything changed when they entered high school and now the only thing that links them, aside from their shared past, is the prank war that has been raging between them for almost four years.

There are few rules to the war, the most important being that it only ends when one of them gets caught, and as senior year enters the homestretch, Peyton and Jess are racing to out-prank each other before its to
Sarah (The Book Life)

This book was really fun. I love a little harmless pranking! When I was in high school, my friends and I would play pranks on each other all of the time. It was always so much fun and often ended up being hilarious for everyone involved. Some of the pranking going on in this story reminded me of those days, although as the story moves along the girls start taking the pranks further and further. And they all learn a little bit about how far is too far.

Forme
Regina Linton
Oct 25, 2011 Regina Linton rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
This book was so fun to read and the collaboration of both writers is fantastic. Peyton, the girl who has it all, brains, popularity...the works. And Jess who is always trying to be someone different everyday are at odds with each other.

One misunderstanding spirals these two girls into a prank war that is epic. Almost life destroying. They work their hardest to outdo one another and the one who gets caught is the looser.

Some of their antics aren't easily forgiven and it keeps getting worse and w
Mandi Kaye Ottaway
Feb 19, 2012 Mandi Kaye Ottaway rated it really liked it
Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archive... (2/20/12)

I was pleasantly surprised by this short little novel. It's not often that I read something outside of the paranormal/urban fantasy genres, but when I do I always say the same thing when it's well written: sometimes it's really nice just to read about someone else's life.

This book really explores the consequences of miscommunication and assumptions in a relationship. The writing was high quality and I quickly fell into the thought pat
Sherri
Mar 27, 2012 Sherri rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Told from two perspectives, the authors do an excellent job of building two very believable, but very different characters who are in a "prank war." Not only was the book very well crafted, but it also contained just the right mix of drama and depth. It also has a nice mix of "coming of age" and "romance" to make a well rounded contemporary fiction book. And, it's a quick read without any dull points to drag it down. I really like that it kept moving.
C|-/ARLIEN
"We're so used to watching our backs. I'm not sure we'll know how to live in any other way.

Maybe we've been wrong. Maybe we're not really that different after all."

I really enjoyed reading Get Caught. A 100-page story that successfully made me fell feELzzZzXX. I love hearing from both characters and each voice was strongly delivered. Short but thorough and satisfying.
Jovy
Feb 03, 2012 Jovy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I think I read this book just so I could add it to my list of 100 books read for 2012.

It was bland.

Want to know how the real sh*t is pulled?
Read this:

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
Nic
Jan 29, 2012 Nic rated it really liked it
Awww! I really liked this book!! Ha it was so funny. I didn't like the ending much though because: Are jess and peyton friends now? How could forgive Dave so fast? i mean that's good but then she must really like him. Oh and I was team Jess the whole way!
Kaiser
Kaiser rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2011
Kailey
Kailey rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Kymberlee
Kymberlee rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Elora
Elora rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Suriya
Suriya rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Cecelia Earl
Cecelia Earl rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Ireland
Ireland rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
May 06, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2013
Maxine Martinho
Maxine Martinho rated it it was ok
May 24, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Amparo Ortiz
Amparo Ortiz rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2011
Allymoon
Allymoon rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2011
petra
petra rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2011
Louise Crawford
Louise Crawford rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Jennifer Scott
Jennifer Scott rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Krista
Krista rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The First Time
  • Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink (Pilgrims, #1)
  • When Destiny Knocks (Destiny Saga, #1)
  • Dance Of The Goblins (The Goblin, #1)
  • The Marriage Price
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • Fledgling (Coiree Guardians, #1)
  • DupliKate
  • The Gunfighter and The Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • Last Flight Out
  • Starstruck
  • Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood, #1)
  • The Cinderella Plan
  • Frozen in Time
  • Chasing Smoke
  • What the Kid Says (and Sometimes What I Say)
  • Just Your Average Princess
  • June of Rock
Mandy Hubbard is the author of PRADA & PREJUDICE and YOU WISH, both novels for teens now in stores. In 2011, her releases include BUT I LOVE HIM (written as Amanda Grace) and RIPPLE. She is also a literary agent for D4EO Literary Agency. For more information, visit her website.
More about Mandy Hubbard...