Getting Caught

Getting Caught

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Sometimes in war, there are no winners…

Peyton Brentwood is pretty, popular, and Harvard-bound. Or so she hopes. Her only distraction from AP classes and entrance exams is the prank war with her ex-best friend, Jess Hill. Peyton is used to getting what she wants, and she’s not about to let a loser like Jess gain the upper hand.

For Jess, the prank war is an outlet, a way to...more
Kindle Edition, kindle, 144 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Mandy Hubbard

To ask other readers questions about Getting Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Caught

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. MaasLegend by Marie LuProdigy by Marie LuWhat's Left of Me by Kat ZhangShadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Pub(lishing) Crawl YA & MG
23rd out of 28 books — 42 voters
Catching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyLola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie PerkinsEpic Fail by Claire LaZebnikWe'll Always Have Summer by Jenny HanAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
2011 YA Contemporaries
140th out of 165 books — 548 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephanie
Jess Hill and Peyton Brentwood are at war. Although they were once the very best of friends, things have changed, and now the two spend their days figuring out how to make the other the laughing stock of the school with prank after prank. But a good prank begets an even better prank, and over the years, things have begun to escalate, with the whole school waiting to see what the duo will come up with next. However, Jess and Peyton are now in their final year of school, which means that the conse...more
Ashelynn
GETTING CAUGHT is a quick, fun read! Not even 200 pages long, and I was done reading it before I even knew—or wanted—it to be done!

The dual narrative was one of my favorite parts of the novel. I loved getting to know both the girls and their aspirations—even if Jess didn’t know what she wanted after high school.

I loved their “getting caught” game. It’s a prank war between them, ever since Jess ratted out on Peyton’s brother, and the only way somebody is going to win is if the other gets caught o...more
Mandy
Sep 06, 2011 Mandy added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The book I co-wrote with Cyn Balog, author of FAIRY TALE, SLEEPLESS, and more.
Sarah (The Book Life)

This book was really fun. I love a little harmless pranking! When I was in high school, my friends and I would play pranks on each other all of the time. It was always so much fun and often ended up being hilarious for everyone involved. Some of the pranking going on in this story reminded me of those days, although as the story moves along the girls start taking the pranks further and further. And they all learn a little bit about how far is too far.

Forme...more
Alex

At First Sight: Once upon a time, Jess Hill and Peyton Brentwood were the best of friends. But everything changed when they entered high school and now the only thing that links them, aside from their shared past, is the prank war that has been raging between them for almost four years.

There are few rules to the war, the most important being that it only ends when one of them gets caught, and as senior year enters the homestretch, Peyton and Jess are racing to out-prank each other before its to...more
Mandi Kaye Ottaway
Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archive... (2/20/12)

I was pleasantly surprised by this short little novel. It's not often that I read something outside of the paranormal/urban fantasy genres, but when I do I always say the same thing when it's well written: sometimes it's really nice just to read about someone else's life.

This book really explores the consequences of miscommunication and assumptions in a relationship. The writing was high quality and I quickly fell into the thought pat...more
Regina Linton
This book was so fun to read and the collaboration of both writers is fantastic. Peyton, the girl who has it all, brains, popularity...the works. And Jess who is always trying to be someone different everyday are at odds with each other.

One misunderstanding spirals these two girls into a prank war that is epic. Almost life destroying. They work their hardest to outdo one another and the one who gets caught is the looser.

Some of their antics aren't easily forgiven and it keeps getting worse and w...more
Sherri
Told from two perspectives, the authors do an excellent job of building two very believable, but very different characters who are in a "prank war." Not only was the book very well crafted, but it also contained just the right mix of drama and depth. It also has a nice mix of "coming of age" and "romance" to make a well rounded contemporary fiction book. And, it's a quick read without any dull points to drag it down. I really like that it kept moving.
Jovy
I think I read this book just so I could add it to my list of 100 books read for 2012.

It was bland.

Want to know how the real sh*t is pulled?
Read this:

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
Nic
Awww! I really liked this book!! Ha it was so funny. I didn't like the ending much though because: Are jess and peyton friends now? How could forgive Dave so fast? i mean that's good but then she must really like him. Oh and I was team Jess the whole way!
Vanessa
Quick, very fun read!
Kossian
Kossian marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Orlaya
Orlaya marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Allie Canon
Allie Canon marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Sarah Lamary
Sarah Lamary marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Aisha
Aisha marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Lauren C.
Lauren C. marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Shaunna
Shaunna marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
heather giles
heather giles marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Saniya
Saniya marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
  • The First Time
  • When Destiny Knocks (Destiny Saga, #1)
  • The Marriage Price
  • The Gunfighter and The Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • Dead River
  • The Mosts
  • Never Say Never
  • Relatively Honest
  • Kiss, Date, Love, Hate
  • Narc
  • It Started with a Dare
  • Magic Knight Rayearth II, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #1-3)
  • In Too Deep
  • Phoebe’s Fair Valentine (an Oh. My. Gods. short story)
  • Just Your Average Princess
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • Codename: Dancer
  • Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink (Pilgrims, #1)
Mandy Hubbard is the author of PRADA & PREJUDICE and YOU WISH, both novels for teens now in stores. In 2011, her releases include BUT I LOVE HIM (written as Amanda Grace) and RIPPLE. She is also a literary agent for D4EO Literary Agency. For more information, visit her website.
More about Mandy Hubbard...
Ripple Prada & Prejudice You Wish Dangerous Boy Fool Me Twice (If Only . . . #1)