Start by marking “Cat's Pride (Scent of a Mate #1)” as Want to Read:
Cat's Pride (Scent of a Mate #1)

Cat's Pride (Scent of a Mate #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  862 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Benji ran away from Stellan three years ago when he discovered that they were mates. Not because he didn't want the alpha as his mate but because Stellan refused. But now Benji's in trouble and his sexy mate may be the only thing that can save him.

Stellan wanted Benji the moment he met him, but Benji didn't have the mating scent. Reluctantly, Stellan agreed to mate with so
Published November 26th 2011 by Siren Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Cat's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat's Pride

Finnegan
This was not a bad book, but there were a few things that totally ticked me off. There are the small inconsistencies about what it is like to be an Alpha mate, and why Benji is that way but Kody is not. Then I am not a fan of menage at all, except when it is very well done, but it is not really in this book. The biggest wiggle I had with the book, though is that I did not like Benji. At all. First he wallow in self-pity, being totally pathetic. Then he changed from doormat to a spitfire, blowing ...more
Serena Yates
Nov 28, 2011 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-m, shifters
This is a fun, light read about three male lion shifters who each have their own dark secrets and histories, have suffered rejection in various forms and have no idea how to have a two-way relationship, never mind a triangle of love interests. I must admit that I really liked this book, even though it wasn't anything radically new and the plot was more about the developing relationship(s) that any big, dark secrets. But then, I am a fan of Stormy Glenn's books and love most of what she writes.

Be
Cori
Nov 26, 2011 Cori rated it it was ok
This book just did not do it for me. I'm used to Stormy's minor inconsistencies with plot, but these guys just didn't have any connection, and there were two BIG errors and one plot thing that I can't wrap my head around why someone didn't point it out to the author or why she didn't see it herself:

(view spoiler)
Veronica /  V
Nov 26, 2011 Veronica / V rated it it was ok
First of all, I would like to say that I'm a huge fan of Stormy Glenn, and I look forward to read everything that she write.
Fantastic cover I love it, although that is the only thing I really love about this book.
I'm afraid this is not her best, sadly I would say this is my least favorite of all her books.
There were so many times when I was reading this story that I was ready to give up.
You may think differently and find this story fascinating, so don't pay to much attention to my pers
Christy Duke
After rereading this book, I definitely had to increase my star rating, and write a review!

"The mate of the alpha does not have a scent before being claimed, nor can they shift. It keeps other alphas from trying to claim them before their true mates find them.” Kody was in no way surprised when his words were met by silence. He imagined they were quite a surprise for the alpha. “Stellan?” “You’re lying.”
"No, I’m not. The ability to shift and the mate scent only comes in after their true mate has
Sanet
First read May 2015 3 stars

Second read April 2016 4 stars

It's what Ms Glenn goes... and I really enjoyed this one, fun... fluffy with a bit of world building.

I always want just a little bit more at the end... but it was still good

April 2016 - its funny how a year changes our way of thinking and how we read a book and enjoy it - I can honestly say second time around, I enjoyed it more... yeah its still fluffy and sweet as candy, and still plain and easy to read - but it was more enjoyable... b
Sep 16, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
I never expect a lot from books involving shifters and menages, but even so, Cat's Pride was a let down. The main issue I have with this book is that two of the three main characters are idiots: Benji for staying somewhere where he was subjected to regular, brutal beatings and Stellan for not reading Lion Alphas for Dumbies or learning even the basics about mating for alphas, since every other lion shifter seemed to aware of a vital fact that he was oblivious to.
Dee
Jan 30, 2013 Dee rated it liked it
I rather liked this, there was a nice bit of emotion in it, poor Benji was very unlucky, he forgave Stellan quicker than I would've done. I then read book 2A Little Bit of Heaven which I didn't like as much as this one, but on the whole I would enjoy reading more from this series (if there will be more)
Noughty
Oh, the pity trip. 12 % in and I want to smash somebody's head in. Benji is the poorest soul in the world. And a moron. You get beaten up all the time and have your place trashed and have stuff stolen and you just roll over and take it like a good little b*tch. And this is supposed to be a man? I'm not saying to go all caveman and fight since loosing wouldn't help in any way. But in what country does he live? No local authority? I don't care that the criminal is sheriff's brother. He still has t ...more
qx
Buy Link: http://www.bookstrand.com/cats-pride
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Scent of a Mate 1

Stellan wanted Benji the moment he met him, but Benji didn'
Virginia Lee
Feb 24, 2015 Virginia Lee rated it it was amazing
Stellan is Alpha and he is attract to Benji. He just always believe that mates would have a scent, unknown to him is that Alpha mates have no scent. So he bring home Stella as his soon to be mate, Benji could not stay and watch them be mated. He leaves and goes to a new town. While he has move from the Stellan. He finds himself in trouble with the local bullies, they would come and destroy his home, take his stuff and beat him up. When Stellan is notify that there is problem with Benji he ask Ko ...more
Kizmet
Glenn's work as always been a hit or miss with me... I find most of her work to start off strong with the promise of a good read but seem to fall short. There as always been a problem with inconstancy, missed facts, information placed with no purpose, disjointed plot and overall confusing character personality shifts. Not that Glenn isn't a great writer, on the contrary, because believe me when I say that she has a great skill in weaving words. What I will say is that I feel she loses track easi ...more
Rachel
Dec 08, 2011 Rachel rated it did not like it
Oh man...I had to fight to get through this one. I didn't really care for any of the characters...Benji was pathetic, Stellan was an ass, and Kody was pointless. I thought the whole no-scent-mate thing was a poor excuse of conflict, and just thought there were so many plot holes and just..blah! I'm so tired of the plots being the Big Misunderstanding!
Sherry
Nov 22, 2011 Sherry rated it did not like it
Beyond silly and 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Neither MC was 3-dimensional or engaging; the story was unoriginal; and the ending - you guessed it! - predictable. I was completely disgruntled when I finished and wishing there was a way to request a refund.
Virginia
I really liked the Kody character and warmed to Stellan but Benji annoyed me when he kept running off than trying to explain to his guys his worries and issues.
Shakal
Aug 02, 2015 Shakal rated it liked it
It is very expensive to be a shifter: you have to literally change two to three sets of clothes every day because it happened you met somebody that you like. Something makes me think they all wear Prada or Armani (alpha thing and all...)
Omega696
It was good little story. Not perfect, not even very good, but I enjoyed it. Problem was the story left some loose ends and didn't explain many haphazardly put together ideas. I liked all 3 mates, though alfa the least of them all.
Miralinda
Книга похожа на комедию положений. Персонажи картонные и действуют по очереди. Основная проблема заклеймить свою пару,но так как их трое карусель получается. Героев не прочувствовала и не поняла их чувств.
Dylan St. Jaymes
This was the first book in a new series and while I enjoyed it b/c it hit on a lot of my personal buttons, it did feel a little light and a bit rushed.
Asteropê
Not the best story. I think part of the issue was it relied too much of the Big Misunderstanding and those never really go well.

I just had to comment on the names.
There was Stellan who was planning on mating a female named Stella. Why do their names have to be so similar?
But Stella ended up being the mate for Stellan's brother Salome. Salome? WTF? That is not a male name. Like at all.
I got confused for a second and thought Stella was really a lesbian,
Isha
It was an okay start to the series. Glad Benji got his HEA.
Alyssa
Jan 06, 2014 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, shifters, love-it, alpha
Jeez I seriously wanted to beat Stephan upside the head, but he turned into a great loving mate. Even though he kept putting his foot in his mouth. And I really liked how Benji started to stand up for himself, and how Kody was the mainly silent pillar of strength for them. On my favorites list!
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 adrienne rated it liked it
typical Stormy Glenn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical Stormy Glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all serials by UNLESS motivated otherwise by markedly good/bad writing:
stormy glenn
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

Jan 15, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifters, e-book
I suppose the best thing I can say about it is that it didn't suck. I liked it well enough that I finished it in one sitting.

Most of the book is a huge pity-party. Benji and Stellan feel sorry enough for themselves that I just wanted Kody to take control and kick both their asses...and when he didn't I wanted to go into the book and kick his ass.
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2011
I'm afraid the there were element of this story that switched up and made it unbelievable. The characters weren't as catchy as previous books. The story of Benji being beat up by the local thug and having no option but to take it seemed a bit hard to swallow. This one just didn't do it for me.
Annie
May 05, 2012 Annie rated it liked it
Unlike the three partners Stories with, but I think that it's right to enjoy a good reading time unpretentious. I think that the author is focused on the 3 main characters, leaving the context aside. In my opinion, the solution of problems of the 3 principal characters is a bit poor.
Janelle
This has to be one of my most favorite stories that I have read in a while! Kody, Benji, ans Stellan's story is one that sucks you in from the very beginning. Stormy Glenn has really out done herself with this one. I know this story will be one I read again and again!
  • Faith, Trust, and Stardust (Haven #2)
  • Adwaka's Blade (Lady Blue Crew #4)
  • The Link That Binds (Solomon's Pride #2)
  • Their Dragon (North American Dragon #3)
  • Forbidden Mate (Holland Brothers, #4)
  • Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
  • Savage Awakenings (Lost Shifters #3)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

Scent of a Mate (8 books)
  • A Little Bit of Heaven (Scent of a Mate #2)
  • Heavenly Scent (Scent of a Mate #3)
  • Heart of a Mate (Scent of a Mate #4)
  • Taming a Beta's Heart (Scent of a Mate #5)
  • Omega Born (Scent of a Mate #6)
  • Claiming His Alpha (Scent of a Mate #7)
  • Tre's Temptations (Scent of a Mate #8)