Start by marking “Cat's Pride (Scent of a Mate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cat's Pride (Scent of a Mate, #1)

Cat's Pride (Scent of a Mate #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  710 ratings  ·  32 reviews
[Ménage Amour ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/M, shape-shifters]

Benji ran away from Stellan three years ago when he discovered that they were mates. Not because he didn't want the alpha as his mate but because Stellan refused. But now Benji's in trouble and his sexy mate may be the only thing that can save him.

Stellan wanted Benji the mom
Published November 26th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Cat's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat's Pride

911 by Chris OwenMore by Sloan ParkerDark Horse by Kate SherwoodThe Strongest Shape by Tessa CárdenasOut of the Darkness by Kate Sherwood
Best Gay Polyamorous Romance
151st out of 328 books — 558 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesThe Pack or the Panther by Tara LainChasing Seth by J.R. LovelessGZG by Scotty MullenScent of a Wolf by Draven St. James
MM Rejected Mates
7th out of 15 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
This is a fun, light read about three male lion shifters who each have their own dark secrets and histories, have suffered rejection in various forms and have no idea how to have a two-way relationship, never mind a triangle of love interests. I must admit that I really liked this book, even though it wasn't anything radically new and the plot was more about the developing relationship(s) that any big, dark secrets. But then, I am a fan of Stormy Glenn's books and love most of what she writes.

Be
Cori
This book just did not do it for me. I'm used to Stormy's minor inconsistencies with plot, but these guys just didn't have any connection, and there were two BIG errors and one plot thing that I can't wrap my head around why someone didn't point it out to the author or why she didn't see it herself:

(view spoiler)
Veronica /  V
First of all, I would like to say that I'm a huge fan of Stormy Glenn, and I look forward to read everything that she write.
Fantastic cover I love it, although that is the only thing I really love about this book.
I'm afraid this is not her best, sadly I would say this is my least favorite of all her books.
There were so many times when I was reading this story that I was ready to give up.
You may think differently and find this story fascinating, so don't pay to much attention to my pers
I never expect a lot from books involving shifters and menages, but even so, Cat's Pride was a let down. The main issue I have with this book is that two of the three main characters are idiots: Benji for staying somewhere where he was subjected to regular, brutal beatings and Stellan for not reading Lion Alphas for Dumbies or learning even the basics about mating for alphas, since every other lion shifter seemed to aware of a vital fact that he was oblivious to.
Dee
I rather liked this, there was a nice bit of emotion in it, poor Benji was very unlucky, he forgave Stellan quicker than I would've done. I then read book 2A Little Bit of Heaven which I didn't like as much as this one, but on the whole I would enjoy reading more from this series (if there will be more)
Noughty
Oh, the pity trip. 12 % in and I want to smash somebody's head in. Benji is the poorest soul in the world. And a moron. You get beaten up all the time and have your place trashed and have stuff stolen and you just roll over and take it like a good little b*tch. And this is supposed to be a man? I'm not saying to go all caveman and fight since loosing wouldn't help in any way. But in what country does he live? No local authority? I don't care that the criminal is sheriff's brother. He still has t ...more
dx
Jan 18, 2013 dx rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
Virginia Lee
Stellan is Alpha and he is attract to Benji. He just always believe that mates would have a scent, unknown to him is that Alpha mates have no scent. So he bring home Stella as his soon to be mate, Benji could not stay and watch them be mated. He leaves and goes to a new town. While he has move from the Stellan. He finds himself in trouble with the local bullies, they would come and destroy his home, take his stuff and beat him up. When Stellan is notify that there is problem with Benji he ask Ko ...more
Rachel
Oh man...I had to fight to get through this one. I didn't really care for any of the characters...Benji was pathetic, Stellan was an ass, and Kody was pointless. I thought the whole no-scent-mate thing was a poor excuse of conflict, and just thought there were so many plot holes and just..blah! I'm so tired of the plots being the Big Misunderstanding!
Sherry
Beyond silly and 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Neither MC was 3-dimensional or engaging; the story was unoriginal; and the ending - you guessed it! - predictable. I was completely disgruntled when I finished and wishing there was a way to request a refund.
Virginia
I really liked the Kody character and warmed to Stellan but Benji annoyed me when he kept running off than trying to explain to his guys his worries and issues.
Omega696
It was good little story. Not perfect, not even very good, but I enjoyed it. Problem was the story left some loose ends and didn't explain many haphazardly put together ideas. I liked all 3 mates, though alfa the least of them all.
Sanet
It's what Ms Glenn goes... and I really enjoyed this one, fun... fluffy with a bit of world building.

I always want just a little bit more at the end... but it was still good
Asteropê
Not the best story. I think part of the issue was it relied too much of the Big Misunderstanding and those never really go well.

I just had to comment on the names.
There was Stellan who was planning on mating a female named Stella. Why do their names have to be so similar?
But Stella ended up being the mate for Stellan's brother Salome. Salome? WTF? That is not a male name. Like at all.
I got confused for a second and thought Stella was really a lesbian,
Isha
It was an okay start to the series. Glad Benji got his HEA.
Alyssa
Jeez I seriously wanted to beat Stephan upside the head, but he turned into a great loving mate. Even though he kept putting his foot in his mouth. And I really liked how Benji started to stand up for himself, and how Kody was the mainly silent pillar of strength for them. On my favorites list!
adrienne
typical Stormy Glenn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical Stormy Glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all serials by UNLESS motivated otherwise by markedly good/bad writing:
stormy glenn
Scarlet Hyacinth
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

I suppose the best thing I can say about it is that it didn't suck. I liked it well enough that I finished it in one sitting.

Most of the book is a huge pity-party. Benji and Stellan feel sorry enough for themselves that I just wanted Kody to take control and kick both their asses...and when he didn't I wanted to go into the book and kick his ass.
Tj
Jan 01, 2015 Tj rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I'm afraid the there were element of this story that switched up and made it unbelievable. The characters weren't as catchy as previous books. The story of Benji being beat up by the local thug and having no option but to take it seemed a bit hard to swallow. This one just didn't do it for me.
Annie
Unlike the three partners Stories with, but I think that it's right to enjoy a good reading time unpretentious. I think that the author is focused on the 3 main characters, leaving the context aside. In my opinion, the solution of problems of the 3 principal characters is a bit poor.
Janelle
This has to be one of my most favorite stories that I have read in a while! Kody, Benji, ans Stellan's story is one that sucks you in from the very beginning. Stormy Glenn has really out done herself with this one. I know this story will be one I read again and again!
Ayune01
I was really hooked 3/4 of the story.
its kinda sad when the 1/4 of the rest kinda shorten and rush.

it was really great.
it made me cried over the pain suffered by benji
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Kevin
Genre: M/M Menage
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Shelley
This was the first book in a new series and while I enjoyed it b/c it hit on a lot of my personal buttons, it did feel a little light and a bit rushed.

Clerah
Good book! I just wish that misunderstandings weren't such a plot cornerstone in so many books. Ask a question before you get bent, people. lol
Clover
this was a very cute and sexy story. I just hoped it wasn't just a one-shot cause this is a good serie-material !!
ReviewerLarissa
Owh the communications issues and Big Misunderstandings in this book. Sloppy sloppy sloppy
Amy

3.5 stars. I think the next one might make this one better, we shall see.
Dena
2.75*
  • Caution: Contents Under Pressure (Haven, #1)
  • Adwaka's Blade (Lady Blue Crew, #4)
  • The Link That Binds (Solomon's Pride, #2)
  • Cheetah in Charge (Purrfect Mates, #6)
  • A Tempting Distraction (Lost Shifters, #7)
  • Forbidden Mate (Holland Brothers, #4)
  • A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)
  • Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

Scent of a Mate (6 books)
  • A Little Bit of Heaven (Scent of a Mate, #2)
  • Heavenly Scent (Scent of a Mate, #3)
  • Heart of a Mate (Scent of a Mate, #4)
  • Taming a Beta's Heart (Scent of a Mate #5)
  • Omega Born (Scent of a Mate #6)
Full Moon Mating (Wolf Creek Pack, #1) Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2) The Cat’s Meow  (Assassin's Pride, #1) Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1) Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2)