Montana Gundown (The Last Gunfighter, #23)

Montana Gundown (The Last Gunfighter #23)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the latest rip-roaring adventure, Frank Morgan is the last of his kind--until he confronts a young gun who shares his name, skill, and maybe even his blood. Original.
Published March 1st 2012 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2012)

Randy
When Frank Morgan and his partner Salty Stephens stepped into the middle of the running gun battle, they had no idea what they were getting involved in. A dozen or more men chasing four with murder on their minds.

When it was over, they learned it was Hal Embry and three hands, the other four from a man named Baldridge, even worse lead by a gunman named Brady Morgan who claimed to be the son of the famous gunman Frank Morgan.

And Frank wasn't sure that might not be right. he'd come by his nickname...more
M.K. McClintock
My first time reading a William W. Johnstone book and glad I am that I picked it up. A true western, much like that of Louis L'Amour and Larry McMurtry, though it was a bit more gunfighter versus bad guys without the relationships. Though I have a fondness for the above mentioned authors, Johnstone delivers a great tale here. The hero Frank Morgan, is well-written and as a gunfighter, he's quite likeable. I found myself enjoying his straight-forward way of thinking and no b.s. attitude. This is...more
Hikerdee
Johnstone is an author whose work I enjoyed in the past, and it was available immediately to borrow from my new-to-me library app.
Montana Gundown is the well-told story for another adventure of Frank Morgan who is known as The Drifter or as The Last Gunman. It is possible he is The-Next-To-Last Gunman as he encounters Brady Morgan, who claims to be his son, during a range war.
I recommend it to any reader who enjoys books from the cowboy fiction genre and writers such as Zane Gray and Louis L'A...more
Jerry Blackerby
Another well-written book in a Johnstone series.
Karen Robinson
Love reading these books
David Gefellers
David Gefellers marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Don Stout
Don Stout marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Fred Parrish
Fred Parrish marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Marly Alonzo
Marly Alonzo marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Robert Chapman
Robert Chapman marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
D. Rogers
D. Rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
James Rolin
James Rolin marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
20852
William Wallace Johnstone was a prolific American author, mostly of western, horror and survivalist novels.

Born and raised in southern Missouri, Johnstone was the youngest of four children. His father was a minister and his mother a school teacher. He quit school when he was fifteen and worked in a carnival and as a deputy sheriff. He later served in the Army and, upon returning to civilian life,...more
More about William W. Johnstone...
The Last Mountain Man (Mountain Man, #1) Out of the Ashes (Ashes, #1) Return of the Mountain Man (Mountain Man, #2) Law of the Mountain Man (Mountain Man, #5) Trail of the Mountain Man (Mountain Man, #3)