Start by marking “Evernote Essentials” as Want to Read:
Evernote Essentials

Evernote Essentials

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  189 ratings  ·  38 reviews
The amount of information we want and need to keep track of today is, frankly, ridiculous. Not long ago, my desk was covered with piles of financial statements, medical records, automotive service receipts — and that didn’t even include everything dealing with my job. We all struggle to keep our information organized and accessible, but without the right tool for the job, ...more
2.0, 95 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Brett Kelly Media, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Evernote Essentials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evernote Essentials

Bojan Đorđević
For 25$ there could be a lot more value added. Luckily there is a money back guarantee, so if you don't find it worth your money and time, ask for a refund.

This book seems like an absolute starting point for complete Evernote beginners. if you've been using Evernote for some time, you won't extract too much value from this book.

If you want my in-depth opinion on it, you can find it here: http://alphaefficiency.com/review-eve...
Arthur Cravan
This is some pretty basic stuff. Still looking for a 'rip the hood off of Evernote' book, if such a thing exists (or maybe I'm just overthinking Evernote).
John
While there was some good material in this book, I felt that it was way too light to be useful. The education level it's written for is junior high, and there are a lot of 'fluff' sentences included that try to set a conversational tone for this technical material.

My needs are for a much more technical, in-depth book that I feel need to read and re-read to digest all of the information. This book is like an outline of the book that it should have been. I hope that Brett makes a more solid book
Ayeshah
I LOVE EVERNOTE! It makes my life as a grad student so much easier! I loved it the moment I knew that I can search text in images! (I actually teared up when I found out such a thing is possible!!!!!) This book is a great intro to Evernote, but I've been using the good green elephant for a year & I learned many great tips from this book..
Gabriel
Evernote is a great app, but it's overwhelming at first. For a long time I kept changing how I used it and how I organised my notes, never really sure I was doing it right. Twice I realised I had thrown so much crap into it and in such a haphazard way that it was just a digital junk drawer that I didn't want to open. And then I read this book. It clarified many things and helped me define a plan on how to best use Evernote. Now it's a key part of my digital life.

This book is 160 pages. It cover
Nola
This is a helpful book if you're just getting started with Evernote. I've been using the app for about a year, and found a few things that will be of help, as well as some ideas for usage.

Some of the explanations were very basic, or about extremely obvious features (to create a new note, click 'new note.' now add the title). The author also seemed very amused by his own sense of humor - one more sentence about cumin waffles and I was ready to smack him. Then there was the secret agent chapter.
Alan Williamson
Evernote Essentials is a shallow, unfulfilling guide to Evernote. I use Evernote every day - it's a good service and an important part of organising my life - and I had hoped this guide would be a good reference for 'power users'. Let's face it: anyone buying a book about Evernote is almost certainly a power user, and so a book about the topic needs to go beyond a few help pages and Top Tips. But this book is a facile analysis, the most cursory of overviews of Evernote's functionality. The entir ...more
Sandeep
This is a must read for anyone who wants to make the most out of Evernote. Learning how to use Evernote on your computer or mobile device has done wonders for every task I need to accomplish because it allows me to take everything that it is out of my head and put it into one database where I can execute tasks on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.

This book will teach you everything you need to know about Evernote because it goes into detail about all of its features. I was able to incorporate t
Kitty
Okay, so the author has a silly sense of humor, and probably everything in the book can be found somewhere on the Internet... but I enjoyed being able to read all about Evernote from a book, and I liked that it was explained in a fun way. I'm not sure I'll ever be a "power user" - or that simply reading this book would make that possible - but as I'm a newbie to Evernote, it was a great place to start. And it did make me eager to give Evernote a real try.
Hom Sack
I was actually satisfied with with using the outdated version of Evernote until it no longer works when I upgraded my computer. So, I was forced to use the latest version. Kelly's book was extremely helpful and clear about the new features and made me appreciate how useful they are. So, I have no regrets in being forced to make the change.
Brycep
Learning how to use this little tool. Way too much geeky stuff in the middle chapters but gave me lots of new ideas on how to manage the massive amount of info I Ned to remember on a daily basis. If you use Evernote for business or personal reasons there's a lot to chew on.
Judith
These are indeed the essentials. All relevant aspects are handled, in a writing style that I found quite enjoyable. Personally, I just love the use cases and the examples. I think I will refer to this book every so often, now that I am getting to know Evernote and working with it.
Shelly
I've been using Evernote for a few years but still found a couple tips and tricks. I really enjoyed the humor and down to earth writing style. Here's to hoping future me can find my notes, oh and keeping digital copies of all household manuals...genius!
Nick Cerda
Good solid overview of Evernote. As a frequent user I wasn't sure I would learn much, but I did.
Anick Globensky-bromow
Très bien fait, j'ai appris beaucoup de choses sur mon logiciel préféré!
Tmac
Really nothing you can't find by surging the web, for free, for a few minutes.
Michal Moravčík
Funny book about using an application? Well yes, it can be done :)
Kevin Eagan
Perfect guide for beginners and intermediate Evernote users.
Beth Lind
I love Evernote but I struggled to finish this book about Evernote. There were great tips and some shortcuts I learned so I do think it was worth the time. There is not a day that goes by that I don't use something or add something in Evernote. I love the program and personally think I should be their poster child on how to better your life by using Evernote.

By the way, I did appreciate the humor the author used. Sarcastic and dry and right up my alley.
James Marwood
THE book on Evernote. I'd say this is a must buy for those new to the software, and useful for those with more experience.

It isn't hugely technical, but written in a very fun, accessible way. It may not include much of use to the power user, but is the book I always recommend to those new to Evernote.

The price is a little higher than the competition, but Brett regularly updates the book, you get this free of charge. A nice touch.
Arjen Schwarz
This book gives some good information about Evernote. I've been using the service for years, but I still got quite a few useful ideas out of this. Brett Kelly obviously knows what he's talking about (considering he got hired by Evernote after the first version of this book was released) and has a pretty clear writing style. Worth a read if you want to get more out of using Evernote.
Sheri
Useful at a basic level.
Katie
This book gave me a lot of ideas on how to tackle the cluttered mess of my current digital file "system." I'm looking forward to implementing them.
Leon Schmitz
I read the 3rd edition and thought it was great. I have not seen a more concise Evernote book. This is highly recommended to anyone looking to learn the ropes in Evernote... And in an entertaining way. I'm starting the 4th edition now.
Jeff Smith
Brett Kelly, is the guru for Evernote. He has updated this book several times and makes the update available to those owning a copy.

The book is outlined in a great way thus making it easy to reference later.
Lech Ambrzykowski
This manual is concise, informative, and well-designed. I have been using Evernote for quite a while, so I wasn't satisfied with the tips & tricks, real-life examples. But overall it's a neat starting point.
Hunter
Best book I've read for newbies on Evernote, but five times the price of others. If new to Evernote, I'd say buy this one before going to buy a group of the others, especially for the sense of humour.
Kevin Powe
Some good tips to cherry-pick in here, but a lot of generalities as well. Worth a read to get you thinking about how to use the tool better, and give you a solid foundation.
Edelhart Kempeneers
Boekje met een aantal nuttige tips voor gebruik van Evernote. Had eigenlijk meer revelaties verwacht, maar ach.
Casey
I am a serious Evernote devotee. This ebook was a helpful intro to getting the most from Evernote.
  • Paperless: A MacSparky Field Guide
  • Master Getting Things Done the David Allen Way with Evernote: Your 7-Day GTD Immediate Action Plan
  • The Beauty Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Smart Beauty
  • A Brief Guide to World Domination
  • The Renegade Writer: A Totally Unconventional Guide to Freelance Writing Success
  • Rethinking Positive Thinking: Inside the New Science of Motivation
  • Gamification by Design
  • Focus: A Simplicity Manifesto in the Age of Distraction
  • The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking
  • Hacking Your Education: Escape Lectures, Save Thousands, and Hustle Your Way to a Brighter Future
  • Evernote for your Life: A Practical Guide for the Use of Evernote in Your Everyday Life
  • Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and Business of Life