Start by marking “Ragnar the Murderer (Ragnar the Dane, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ragnar the Murderer (Ragnar the Dane, #1)
read excerpt* *Different edition

Ragnar the Murderer (Ragnar the Dane #1)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Star crossed lovers in tenth century Britain- but who is sentenced to death?

914 A.D. East Anglia under the Danelaw.

Half breed Dane, Ragnar Longreach, does his best to fit in with his kinfolk, but always feels like an outcast. When he meets the English Aelfwyn, also spurned by her clan, sparks fly and they begin a passionate affair. But she is promised to another man and fo
Published July 1st 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Ragnar the Murderer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ragnar the Murderer

Jennifer Hampton
Okay…Is this a romance book, an adventure, a suspense, a thriller, historical? I don’t know. Just when you want to pigeonhole this thing into a neat and easy package, it switches gears. This is the first of anything I’d read by Lily Byrne, and I’m impressed. The book is essentially about two hostile groups of people who live in an uneasy truth. Ragnar and Aelfwyn fall in love, and of course, they’re on opposite sides. Okay, you’ve heard it all before, right? Didn’t Shakespeare write something li ...more
Marina
Dec 10, 2012 Marina marked it as dead-frozen-self  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historic, 2012
Don't know what got me and I started reading this book but I'm alright now I've come to my senses!
Samantha Towle
If you want an escape from reality this summer then this is the book for you. It’s filled with lust, betrayal, passion and of course Vikings! Good-looking young, strapping Vikings – what more do you need! It’s obviously well research, making it all the more authentic. I hope for another in the series. Highly recommended!
Heather
This was a good read. You have a couple of forbidden loves in this story and lots of secrets and treachery. There wasn't any dull moments and there was a good deal of action in it. I really enjoyed reading it but it doesn't really stand out or makes me want to read it again but still a good read that I'm glad I read!
Petula
3*** This is a good love story. With very interesting historical elements showing how people lived in the time. One part where there is a big fight going on and something happens that changes how the two villages feel about each other.
Happy
Slow, boring, didn't like the characters or the plot. Did feel I learned about this time period and its people though.
SheLove2Read
I'm obviously not reading the same book other GR members are reviewing!
Larissa Brown
I can't articulate why in a review, really, I just enjoyed reading this book.
Lindsay
Oct 22, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 10/22/2012
Cora
Cora added it
Dec 25, 2014
Jim Pike
Jim Pike marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Dizzyhead
Dizzyhead marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Kareen Stone
Kareen Stone marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Descending Surfacing Descending Ragnar and the Slave Girls (Ragnar the Dane, #2) The Jewel of Maythwaite Manor Surfacing