Start by marking “Louisa and the Country Bachelor: A Louisa May Alcott Mystery” as Want to Read:
Louisa and the Country Bachelor: A Louisa May Alcott Mystery

Louisa and the Country Bachelor: A Louisa May Alcott Mystery (A Louisa May Alcott Mystery #2)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Louisa May Alcott returns in this "historically accurate and entertaining mystery series." ("The New York Review of Books")
Louisa convinces her family to visit cousins in rural New Hampshire, only to confront tragedy. A local bachelor is found dead in a ravine, the apparent victim of an accidental fall while hiking. But Louisa suspects foul play and sets out to uncover th
Published October 1st 2011 by New American Library (first published April 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Louisa and the Country Bachelor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Louisa and the Country Bachelor

Nancy
This is the second Louisa May Alcott mystery where we read about Louisa’s life as a young woman before she became a famous author. Louisa and her family are vacationing with cousins in New Hampshire. Their rural village suffers a tragedy when a young laborer is found dead, pushed down a ravine. His sister believes one of the shopkeepers killed him so as to buy their piece of land by the railroad track, but Louisa isn’t so easily convinced. Their neighbors harbor secrets, and all isn’t what it se ...more
Karen
If you only know Louisa May Alcott as the author of Little Women, you have missed her prior adventures solving mysteries. I thought this was the first one in the series, but it turned out to be the 2nd. I picked up this book at a thrift store sale, but the library also has this one.
After a bleak winter in Boston, Louisa talks her whole family into accepting an invitation to spend time at a picturesque village in New Hampshire visiting relatives. Soon after they have settled in, tragedy strikes!
N
Keri
This was wortth reading for light entertainment but not sure it is worth buying to read. If I got it passed on to me and wanted something fun to read I would read this series. Otherwise this well may be the last of these I read. It is in the genre of the well know author being a closet sleuth. There is a similar series with Jane Austen. Basically I feel the same about those.
Julie
A nice, pleasant read, but I know so little about Alcott that it felt like lots of the references are sailing right over my head. Louisa makes a pretty good sleuth character, but I'm not as taken with the family as it feels the author is.
Laurin
A pleasant read! Like fresh summer fruit - crisp, sweet, and refreshing on a hot summer's day. :) If you enjoy Louisa May Alcott's work, you will enjoy this as well.
Rachel
Pretty good & the main character is Louisa May Alcott.
Mslogar
a very "cute" and fun read
Nancy H
Nancy H marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Cassie Hawkings
Cassie Hawkings marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
xstitchfan
xstitchfan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Kayleigh
Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Angela Lynn Holland
Angela Lynn Holland marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Maddi
Maddi added it
Nov 25, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Penny
Penny added it
Oct 25, 2013
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Louisa and the Missing Heiress (A Louisa May Alcott Mystery, #1) Louisa and the Crystal Gazer (A Louisa May Alcott Mystery, #3) Louisa and the Country Bachelor: A Louisa May Alcott Mystery Louisa and the Crystal Gazer: A Louisa May Alcott Mystery Louisa and the Missing Heiress: The First Louisa May Alcott Mystery