Start by marking “The Art of Shaving” as Want to Read:

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The average man will shave approximately 20,000 times over the course of his life, spending the equivalent of 139 full days doing it. He will shave off 27 feet of hair, from a total of 30,000 whiskers on his face. And he will probably be doing something wrong. So he’ll suffer nicks and cuts, ingrown hairs, and rashes; his five-o’clock shadow will arrive before lunch, his n ...more
Published May 7th 2002 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Shaving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Shaving

Anthony
A potentially interesting subject; it's thousands of years old, rich in tradition, trivia, and history, and if you're a guy you end up devoting a fairly significant amount of time to this daily ritual over the course of your lifetime.

But, it turns out this book was just written as an extended commercial to hawk the products by a store of the same name. Kinda lame. Their advice boils down to use natural shaving creams not chemical. Wow.

Sfrazier87
Not what I expected. This book was just over 100 pages (read in just over an hour) but it just kept repeating itself. It really only needed to be about 40 pages given the lack of information it contained.
J.B.  Minton
Outstanding! I wish I had read this book when I started shaving as a teenager. It has changed my entire philosophy of facial hair management .
Caleb

I wouldn't buy it. But worth a read. Love there badger brush, and shaving soap! Which I got because I read this book.
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Walter Francis
Walter Francis is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2015
Aaron Dunkle
Aaron Dunkle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
J, L, Julion
J, L, Julion is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Robert Distefano
Robert Distefano marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Lukas
Lukas added it
Sep 21, 2014
Roy
Roy added it
Feb 10, 2014
Rex
Rex marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013