Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)

Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Sybl has endured the first years of being a teenager both unloved and forgotten. When an Awl takes her from Earth to the realm of Aster, she will discover a place where fantasy is the reality. A world of dragons. But that will not be all that she finds. Still distraught from having lost his best friend, Cirrus has tried to move on with his life. His world is falling apart,...more
Published September 4th 2011 by Infinity Dreamt (first published July 27th 2011)

L.L. Helland/Stolmeier
I purchased this book from Amazon, Dragon Aster. It's not just a fantasy, but a romance between Cirrus from Aster, and the protagonist Sybl from Earth. There is only one set of remaining doors that joins both univeral realms, and let's just say they're in bad need of repair. Once you get all the dragons lineage figured out it's a very enjoyable read. They don't need to use auditory speaking they can communicate with 'Threads' that can be picked up and heard within their brains. The dragons from...more
Louisa
Really good book, but I wish there'd been a list of terms and what they meant, and a family tree. That would've been very helpful! And the ending! I want more!!!!
Domenico Composto-Hart
How many of us have ever wished to escape this world and enter into another realm of unusual geography, adventure, prophecies, and strange creatures to then find ourselves at the very center of a war between the forces of good and evil? As a child growing up in a high-rise building, and later as an adolescent living in the suburbs, I dreamed and dreamed of escaping this world–where I felt I had little importance or impact in the greater happenings of our planet–to another place where I could tak...more
Rebecca
This has never happened to me before. I have never not been able to finish a book or at least get half way through it before giving up and I have never given a book one star before. I hate giving a bad review but I am so disappointed with this book. I might try and pick it up again another time but it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The writing style was very poor. At some points I found myself re-reading a paragraph about three or four times to try and understand what was being described. A...more
Shayla
I was totally excited to win this book on Goodreads First Reads!
The cover is absolutely beautiful. The story within also has potential to be beautiful, but as it is the first in a series, we do not know how it ends yet. So far it is doing well.
I did have a little trouble understanding the language of the new world introduced in the book. I never did figure out the difference between a dragon and a dragoon. It was also a little difficult keeping track of the history of Aster and how it affects th...more
Ponch
I am a sucker for romances and this has a great romance in it (considering it is the first in the series). I have never read a book about dragons before but I won this book on GoodReads and it gave me a chance to read something new. My only complaint is that it can be a little confusing but it still a really good book. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Yvensong
I tried to read this, but found this too confusing. Far too many characters being introduced up front, with no depth given to them to be able to keep them separate. Lots of unique terminology being used (which sounds great) but hardly any reference point to help the reader understand what is meant. Awkward sentence structure, which only added to the issues I had. There were times I had to re-read a paragraph to try and make sense of what was going on.

It's a shame, too. The concept of the story s...more
Stephanie
It was a pretty good book, but it was just a bit hard to follow at the beginning. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! Write on!
Angief
Looking forward to the next one!
Erika
I felt like I was in the middle of a very personal conversation between two friends ... IN MANDARIN!. I was not able to understand absolutely nothing of .Who are these people? ... Some description would have helped.

Too many characters being introduced in the first 20 pages, lots of unique terminology without any reference to help the reader understand what is meant.

The concept of the story sounded so interesting that maybe my expectations were too high.

I can´t finished

Jan
May 22, 2012 Jan is currently reading it
My Kindle has quit on me so I have not even gotten started on this one yet. Hopefully I can get it going again.
Annie Morford
1/2 star

This book was so confusing! No explanations were given as to context right from the start.
Darlene
Sorry, just couldn't follow or get into this one. I might try again later.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Allysa E.
Allysa E. marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sierra
Sierra marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Alayna
Alayna marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
NIX
NIX marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Dewana
Dewana marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Kimberly Koh
Kimberly Koh marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Ashlee Skelton
Ashlee Skelton marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Stella
Stella marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Thoughts on the book? 1 7 Jan 14, 2012 11:08AM
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)
  • The High-Wizard’s Hunt
  • Broods of Fenrir (Broods of Fenrir, #1)
  • War of the Witch (Legacies of Talimura, #1)
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • Legacy (The Niteclif Evolutions, #1)
  • Bone Dressing (Book 1)
  • Between Worlds: Nekkel Ace
  • The Search for Artemis (The Chronicles of Landon Wicker, #1)
  • Damaged: Natalie's Story
  • Masters of the Veil (The Veil Trilogy #1)
  • Fate Fixed (Erris Coven, #1)
  • Progeny of Innocence (Paradox, #2)
  • The Gifts
  • Surrender (The Ferryman and the Flame, #1)
  • Fox (The Vendetta, #1)
  • Black Scars (Blood Skies, #2)
  • Andraste
S.J. Wist is a fantasy author, reviewer, and an artist on the side. Addicted to books, blogs, chocolate mint ice cream, and all things creative. She lives in Toronto, Canada.

More about S.J. Wist...
Whispering Stone (Whispers, #1) Dragon Aster Trilogy (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1-3) Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #2) Dragon of the Clouds (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #0.5) Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #3)

“None of this answers why anyone would want me here."
"You have no idea just how important you are."
"Heh, if only that were true," Sybl replied, sadly. "So do I get my own Ancient for awesome purposes?"
"You already have one.”
1 likes
“Why don’t you just show me the way out of this dream?” Sybl said.
“I can show you the way out. If you promise to remember me.”
1 likes