Start by marking “Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)

Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Sybl has endured the first years of being a teenager both unloved and forgotten. When an Awl takes her from Earth to the realm of Aster, she will discover a place where fantasy is the reality. A world of dragons. But that will not be all that she finds. Still distraught from having lost his best friend, Cirrus has tried to move on with his life. His world is falling apart, ...more
Published September 4th 2011 by Infinity Dreamt (first published July 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Aster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Aster

L.L. Helland/Stolmeier
I purchased this book from Amazon, Dragon Aster. It's not just a fantasy, but a romance between Cirrus from Aster, and the protagonist Sybl from Earth. There is only one set of remaining doors that joins both univeral realms, and let's just say they're in bad need of repair. Once you get all the dragons lineage figured out it's a very enjoyable read. They don't need to use auditory speaking they can communicate with 'Threads' that can be picked up and heard within their brains. The dragons from ...more
Rebecca
This has never happened to me before. I have never not been able to finish a book or at least get half way through it before giving up and I have never given a book one star before. I hate giving a bad review but I am so disappointed with this book. I might try and pick it up again another time but it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The writing style was very poor. At some points I found myself re-reading a paragraph about three or four times to try and understand what was being described. A ...more
Yvensong
I tried to read this, but found this too confusing. Far too many characters being introduced up front, with no depth given to them to be able to keep them separate. Lots of unique terminology being used (which sounds great) but hardly any reference point to help the reader understand what is meant. Awkward sentence structure, which only added to the issues I had. There were times I had to re-read a paragraph to try and make sense of what was going on.

It's a shame, too. The concept of the story s
Louisa
Really good book, but I wish there'd been a list of terms and what they meant, and a family tree. That would've been very helpful! And the ending! I want more!!!!
Shayla
I was totally excited to win this book on Goodreads First Reads!
The cover is absolutely beautiful. The story within also has potential to be beautiful, but as it is the first in a series, we do not know how it ends yet. So far it is doing well.
I did have a little trouble understanding the language of the new world introduced in the book. I never did figure out the difference between a dragon and a dragoon. It was also a little difficult keeping track of the history of Aster and how it affects th
Samantha
I read this in 2011 for a librarything.com review.

I didn’t think this book was terrible, in fact I thought it had a lot of potential, I just don’t think it is ready to be published yet. Maybe another reader will understand the author’s wavelength a lot better than I did, but I honestly found myself itching to edit this all the way through. My review is more directed at the author than a possible buyer and although I might seem harsh, my initial intention was to help.

The best part of this novel
Erika
I felt like I was in the middle of a very personal conversation between two friends ... IN MANDARIN!. I was not able to understand absolutely nothing of .Who are these people? ... Some description would have helped.

Too many characters being introduced in the first 20 pages, lots of unique terminology without any reference to help the reader understand what is meant.

The concept of the story sounded so interesting that maybe my expectations were too high.

I cant finished

Ponch
I am a sucker for romances and this has a great romance in it (considering it is the first in the series). I have never read a book about dragons before but I won this book on GoodReads and it gave me a chance to read something new. My only complaint is that it can be a little confusing but it still a really good book. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Stephanie
It was a pretty good book, but it was just a bit hard to follow at the beginning. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! Write on!
Jan
May 22, 2012 Jan is currently reading it
My Kindle has quit on me so I have not even gotten started on this one yet. Hopefully I can get it going again.
Annie
Jul 16, 2013 Annie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
1/2 star

This book was so confusing! No explanations were given as to context right from the start.
Darlene
Sorry, just couldn't follow or get into this one. I might try again later.
Angief
Looking forward to the next one!
Haylee Downey
Haylee Downey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Sherri Thompson
Sherri Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
CoreyAna
CoreyAna marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Georgeanne
Georgeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Star
Star marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
LEUNG WAI LAM
LEUNG WAI LAM marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Abigail Sánchez
Abigail Sánchez marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Thoughts on the book? 1 7 Jan 14, 2012 11:08AM
  • Gladius and the Bartlett Trial
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)
  • Through the Portal (Through the Portal, #1)
  • War of the Witch (Legacies of Talimura, #1)
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • The Search for Artemis (The Chronicles of Landon Wicker, #1)
  • Billy Purgatory: I Am the Devil Bird
  • The Caledonian Inheritance (The Athena Effect #3)
  • Paper Souls
  • Catalyst (The Passage of Hellsfire, #1)
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • Familiar
  • Masters of the Veil (The Veil Trilogy #1)
  • Descendants (The Descendants Saga, #1)
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • The Burn (The Burn, #1)
  • Damaged: Natalie's Story
S.J. Wist is a fantasy author, reviewer, and an artist on the side. Addicted to books, blogs, chocolate mint ice cream, and all things creative. She lives in Toronto, Canada.

More about S.J. Wist...

Dragon Aster Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #2)
  • Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #3)
Whispering Stone (Whispers, #1) Dragon Aster Trilogy (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1-3) Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #2) Dragon of the Clouds (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #0.5) Dragon Frost