Double Shot (Long Shots, #1)

Double Shot (Long Shots #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  434 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Coffee shop owner Sadie Long has been lusting after her good friend Paul Williams for years. So she's more than a little intrigued when he invites her to a business meeting at Mavericks, the sex club where he works. While catering an event at the club is not quite the proposition she was hoping for, her business could use the boost. And she can't resist the chance to work...more
ebook, EPUB eBook DRM free, 96 pages
Published October 2011 by Carina Press

Glass
Why haven't I read this before? Double Shot was so hot, steamy, my panties just melted away.
Now I have to read everything Christine d'Abo wrote.
Sita Sargeant
Boy this was HOT! I was in the mood for something hot when I read this and boy did I get it! Damn. No other words. Literally. I am speechless. I finished this book a few days ago and have been trying to figure out how to review it.

Plot - Your average erotica book (in a nutshell). Sexual tension then more sexual tension then actual sex (threesome) then awkward after sex then I LOVE YOU! then Should I call, or not to call... then I will call then sex (twosome) then THE END!

Writing - Nice. Nothing...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Double Shot is the first book in the Long Shots series, as well as my first read of Christine d'Abo's writing. I read this book in a single sitting, not just because it's pretty short, but because I was having such a good time with the characters. I wish it had been longer, because just a couple more pages of background and character development would have taken this from enjoyable to great. But all in all, I found Double Shot to be a sweet, funny, and very sexy 'friends-to-lovers' tale and I'm...more
Jen
Holy Crap! This book is HOT!

Got this e-book from Netgalley - It comes out The first week of October - so watch for the recommend :)

Hot stuff with this book! WOW! *blush* I love a good threesome :)

This story is really great - It starts off with Sadie meeting her good friend Paul at his club - well a club he manages with his friend Josh - Sadie and Paul have been friends for a good 10+ years - and although Sadie has wanted to get together with Paul since her friend and his Ex introduced them, sh...more
Auntee
Sep 20, 2011 Auntee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance; fans of friends-to-lovers stories
Once again, a novella with a lot of potential, but an absence of details kept it from a higher rating.

Petite Sadie Long is the owner of a coffee shop/catering business (Pulled Long) along with her older sister (Paige) and younger gay brother (Ian). Hunky businessman Paul Williams, her best friend's former boyfriend, has been her good friend for the last ten years. Paul and Sadie hang out, they joke, they tease, and get along famously. Paul has no idea that Sadie's had a crush on him since she fi...more
Holly
This was a wonderful little friends to lovers story, with some hot menage action thrown in!! I would have liked it to be a little longer so that I could have gotten to know the characters better, but all in all a hot little read!! I am looking forward to the other 2 books in the series, specifically Ian's book! I hope he has a little more depth though because I found him fascinating!

***This book was provided to me as and ARC by Netgalley
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
I think I need to use the great Goodreads term glitterkink to describe this one. I think it's meant to be BDSM but there is no actual BDSM involved in the scenes - this is just really hot menage sex.

So Paul and Sadie have been friends for a decade. She's admired him from afar while he paraded a succession of beautiful girlfriends in front of her. Sadie now runs a coffee shop with her gay brother and straight sister and Paul asks Sadie to cater for him for a special function at the BDSM club he i...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 19, 2011 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Publisher
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My reviews don’t contain spoilers.

The set up for this book from the book summary is Coffee shop owner Sadie Long has been lusting after her good friend Paul Williams for years. So she's more than a little intrigued when he invites her to a business meeting at Mavericks, the sex club where he works.

This was a fast quick read, one I wish would have been longer. I think there is a story about Josh and Paul that needs to be to...more
Miss
Oh Sadie girl, I'm envious of you...
Letitia
Rating: C+ ... Heat: Sizzling

Warning:

This story has the usual m/f as well as m/f/m, and some brief moments of m/m/f, ménages.

Review:

“Hang on a second.” He covered the microphone of his cell and flashed her a grin. “I want you to think about my question.”
She frowned, tucking a loose lock of her hair behind her ear with a self-conscious pass.
”Question?”
”What is your fantasy? Because I really want to know.”

With that simple question, things between Sadie Long and Paul Williams go from

Lucie Fuentes
Whaoh! Whaoh! Whaoh!

I have still not recovered from this amazing scorching hot novel! Fortunately, it's summer and I had an excuse to fan myself or unbutton my shirt... If not, I would have melted from mere words!

I really liked the style and sensuality released by Christine d'Abo in "Sexcapades", so I've decided to throw myself on her erotic series "The Long Shots."

The synopsis of this first volume made my temperature raise a few fahrenheit by only letting me imagine Sadie's and Paul's amorous...more
Darcy
I am torn with this one, I liked it, but there were aspects that annoyed me.

One was Sadie, she had no self confidence. It seemed like at every turn she was putting herself down. But then at the end she did a 180 and was very confident in herself, that didn't really match with what we had learned about her so far. I also hated the game of Sadie says. She had never been in a threesome before and they were making her take charge which seemed odd to me.

Another thing that drove me nuts was Paul's re...more
Alycia
Sadie has desired her best guy friend, Paul for years. With her life being busy with getting the catering portion of her family's business off the ground and Paul being busy with work and being on the board of directors for Mavericks, a local sex club, they don't spend much time together any more.

Paul is in charge of pulling together a party for Mavericks and instantly thinks of Sadie. This gives Paul the opportunity to get closer to Sadie. While they meet to discuss the party he asks her what h...more
Kelly
Read my full review here: Quickie Review: Double Shot

This story started out as a fun, flirty story about two friends who each harbored feelings for the other. While there was a sexual undertone to the attraction, I couldn't help feel that the desire went much deeper. As Sadie discusses the details of the catering event she's just agreed to, her thoughts wander to all the possibilities and situations she can imagine with Paul and we see how deeply rooted her attraction to Paul is. Thinking about...more
Lynn
A short book that poses two interesting questions- can a long-term friendship survive sex, and can a relationship survive with the addition of a third person to the bedroom?
This was a good story, though short. The build up of Paul and Sadie's relationship is full of tension and fun. I would have liked more story building around the three siblings, but for a short story what we got wasn't bad. They seem to have a fun, supportive relationship.
Paul's subtle challenging of Sadie's emotional bounda...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was a good story, I am always a sucker for the best friends to lovers theme. I also liked the taste of m/m action. My only complaint was it was way too short. I would have liked more background. I look forward to the next stories.

***I received this story as an ARC from NetGalley***
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
Wish this was longer...enjoyed this book!
Cocktails and Books
Sadie Long has known Paul for ten years. Of those ten years, she wanted him, thinking the only thing she could ever have was his friendship.

Paul's feeling for Sadie changed a while ago, but he never had the nerve to do anything about those feelings, until his friend Josh planted the seed. So when an opportunity arises to hire Sadie's catering company for an event at Josh's club, Paul jumps on the chance to put his seduction of Sadie into action.

Josh owns Maverick, a sex club, where is hosting a...more
Shari
Sadie owns a coffee and catering company with her two siblings, Paige and Ian. Working tirelessly, she has little time to date, but why would she when she has been in love for ten years with her friend, Paul. In need of a cater for a party his sex club, Mavericks is hosting, Paul turns to Sadie for help. While meeting, Paul asks Sadie about her fantasies, but she puts him off not wanting to ruin their friendship. Paul keep encouraging her to tell him, but can she show her deepest fantasy of a mé...more
Trish

by Christine d’Abo
Carina Press
Published 10/03/2011

RATING: 3 stars

Book 1 of the new Long Shot series novellas by Christine d’Abo was good, but not exactly good enough.

Sadie Long is a smart and single lady who has recently opened a coffee shop with her siblings Paige and Ian. In an effort to help increase business, Sadie wants to branch out into catering since she is the in house baker.

Enter Paul Williams. Sadie’s easy going, sexy friend of ten years who also just happens...more
Martina Koleva
Oh I loved this one. It was quite exciting and a lot of fun.
I never learned to write reviews about adult books. I just don't feel comfortable for some reason but I don't want that to stop me from expressing my feelings for the book...
The book was quite short. Just eight chapters of so but they were eight awesome chapters about Sadie and Paul. Two very good friends that have avoided their feeling for each other just because they didn't want to blur the line between them and their friendship.

Sa...more
Double Shot is a great introduction to the Long Shots series and left me keen to spend more time with the Long siblings. This is the story of middle sister Sadie who is the one in charge of the kitchen of the family cafe and catering business that they run together. We are also introduced to older sister Paige who is in charge of the business side of things and their younger brother Ian who is the coffee genius. Compared to her siblings Sadie has always considered herself the quiet one, she is h...more
Mariana Bezerra
Sadie is the owner off a coffee shop along with her brother and sister in Toronto Queer West District, same block as Mavericks, a sex club where Paul, has friends and visits quite a lot. Sadie has been dreaming about Paul for long ten years, and never thought he would ever see her as more than just friends. They first met throught Rachel, Paige best friend who at the time was dating a friend of Paul, indulging in the scene.

After some time without a girlfriend and not really enjoying the scene at...more
Habrewer
Double Shot by Christine D’Abo
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sadie runs the Pulled Long coffee shop with her sister Paige and her brother Ian. She has wants them to expand into catering to increase their business but they have not been receptive to the idea. Now her friend Paul has provided her with the perfect opportunity to show them this is just what their business needs.

The challenge is to cater an event for eighty plus members of the exclusi...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
What a hot little book! I loved this one. This is a friends to lovers trope and you all know that I love that!

Sadie owns a coffee and catering shop with her brother and sister. She has been friends with Paul for ten years and has lusted after him for most of that time, but Paul has never been interested. What Paul is interested in is having the Sadie do some catering for a party at the sex club, Mavericks. While discussing the details of the party, Paul pushes Sadie to reveal her fanta...more
Brandie Buckwine
The excellent descriptive writing and sexual tension (the kind that makes you squirm) in this novella kept me racing through to the end. Sadie, over-worked and under-sexed, is faced with the opportunity to make her dreams come true with her long-time friend, Paul. Over the years, each has harbored a secret crush on the other, but neither of them have ever acted on their feelings. Paul finally decides to force the issue and try to make his fantasies about Sadie a reality.

The build-up to the clima...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Sadie and Paul need to get their kink on! Still digesting before I write my official review.

Update

Friends becoming lovers is a storyline I am always leery of reading. Generally they end as friend with benefits and then fizz out. In this one, Sadie and Paul get their kink on! Sadie is the middle child in the Long family. The three siblings own a cool coffee shop which they are trying to run together. I love sibling stories and friends becoming lovers and family helping each other. Between these t...more
Shelley
3.5 Stars!
This is the first of the Long Shot novellas. The Long siblings Sadie, Paige and Ian run and own Pulled Long coffee shop and Bakery.

Double Shot is Sadie Longs tale of finally getting together with her long time lusting crush on her friend Paul.
Sadie is the quieter middle sister, with a tendency to be a bit nonexistent. I didn't feel much for Sadie. She was a bit bland in character until she surprised me by not only voicing her fantasy to Paul but following through.
This is a very sexy m...more
Eva
Steamy and Hot without being over the top!

I really enjoyed Double Shot. Christine d'Abo is a new author to me and I will definitely be keeping an eye on this series as well as other books that she writes.

Although I enjoy short stories or novellas, I do prefer a bit of a longer book. It just seems like either the book feels unfinished or rushed if it is under 30,000 words. I would prefer 50,000 words plus. Then again if you are in the mood for a fun and HOT short story then this book is perfect...more
Shelley
Read book two first, but luckily they've all been published in one ebook for easy catch up.

Sadie's been in love with Paul for ages and thought it was unrequited. Surprise! I liked the characters generally, but I think I liked Josh over Paul, who could be kind of a jerk. Especially at the end.
  • No Holds Barred
  • Falke's Captive (Puma Nights #2)
  • Imprinted
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Coming Clean (Dirty Laundry, #3)
  • Glutton for Pleasure
  • Carnal Harvest
  • Three to Tango
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • The Perfect Union (Perfect Love Series, #1)
  • Light Switch
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Power Play (Pleasure Playground #2)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Ragged Edge (Body Masters, #1)
Christine d’Abo is hooked on romance. As a novelist and short story writer with over thirty publications, including the immensely popular Long Shots series, the imagination is always flowing. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs....more
More about Christine d'Abo...
The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1) A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2) Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4) Pulled Long (Long Shots, #3) No Quarter (Bounty, #1)