Start by marking “Double Shot (Long Shots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Double Shot (Long Shots, #1)

Double Shot (Long Shots #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  526 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Coffee shop owner Sadie Long has been lusting after her good friend Paul Williams for years. So she's more than a little intrigued when he invites her to a business meeting at Mavericks, the sex club where he works. While catering an event at the club is not quite the proposition she was hoping for, her business could use the boost. And she can't resist the chance to work ...more
ebook, EPUB eBook DRM free, 96 pages
Published October 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Shot

Why haven't I read this before? Double Shot was so hot, steamy, my panties just melted away.
Now I have to read everything Christine d'Abo wrote.
Boy this was HOT! I was in the mood for something hot when I read this and boy did I get it! Damn. No other words. Literally. I am speechless. I finished this book a few days ago and have been trying to figure out how to review it.

Plot - Your average erotica book (in a nutshell). Sexual tension then more sexual tension then actual sex (threesome) then awkward after sex then I LOVE YOU! then Should I call, or not to call... then I will call then sex (twosome) then THE END!

Writing - Nice. Nothing
Holy Crap! This book is HOT!

Got this e-book from Netgalley - It comes out The first week of October - so watch for the recommend :)

Hot stuff with this book! WOW! *blush* I love a good threesome :)

This story is really great - It starts off with Sadie meeting her good friend Paul at his club - well a club he manages with his friend Josh - Sadie and Paul have been friends for a good 10+ years - and although Sadie has wanted to get together with Paul since her friend and his Ex introduced them, sh
Sep 20, 2011 Auntee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance; fans of friends-to-lovers stories
Once again, a novella with a lot of potential, but an absence of details kept it from a higher rating.

Petite Sadie Long is the owner of a coffee shop/catering business (Pulled Long) along with her older sister (Paige) and younger gay brother (Ian). Hunky businessman Paul Williams, her best friend's former boyfriend, has been her good friend for the last ten years. Paul and Sadie hang out, they joke, they tease, and get along famously. Paul has no idea that Sadie's had a crush on him since she fi
This was a wonderful little friends to lovers story, with some hot menage action thrown in!! I would have liked it to be a little longer so that I could have gotten to know the characters better, but all in all a hot little read!! I am looking forward to the other 2 books in the series, specifically Ian's book! I hope he has a little more depth though because I found him fascinating!

***This book was provided to me as and ARC by Netgalley
~ Becs ~
I think I need to use the great Goodreads term glitterkink to describe this one. I think it's meant to be BDSM but there is no actual BDSM involved in the scenes - this is just really hot menage sex.

So Paul and Sadie have been friends for a decade. She's admired him from afar while he paraded a succession of beautiful girlfriends in front of her. Sadie now runs a coffee shop with her gay brother and straight sister and Paul asks Sadie to cater for him for a special function at the BDSM club he i
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 19, 2011 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Publisher
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My reviews don’t contain spoilers.

The set up for this book from the book summary is Coffee shop owner Sadie Long has been lusting after her good friend Paul Williams for years. So she's more than a little intrigued when he invites her to a business meeting at Mavericks, the sex club where he works.

This was a fast quick read, one I wish would have been longer. I think there is a story about Josh and Paul that needs to be to
Oh Sadie girl, I'm envious of you...
Rating: C+ ... Heat: Sizzling

This story has the usual m/f as well as m/f/m, and some brief moments of m/m/f, ménages.

“Hang on a second.” He covered the microphone of his cell and flashed her a grin. “I want you to think about my question.”
She frowned, tucking a loose lock of her hair behind her ear with a self-conscious pass.
”What is your fantasy? Because I really want to know.”

With that simple question, things between Sadie Long and Paul Williams go fro

Lucie Fuentes
Whaoh! Whaoh! Whaoh!

I have still not recovered from this amazing scorching hot novel! Fortunately, it's summer and I had an excuse to fan myself or unbutton my shirt... If not, I would have melted from mere words!

I really liked the style and sensuality released by Christine d'Abo in "Sexcapades", so I've decided to throw myself on her erotic series "The Long Shots."

The synopsis of this first volume made my temperature raise a few fahrenheit by only letting me imagine Sadie's and Paul's amorous
I am torn with this one, I liked it, but there were aspects that annoyed me.

One was Sadie, she had no self confidence. It seemed like at every turn she was putting herself down. But then at the end she did a 180 and was very confident in herself, that didn't really match with what we had learned about her so far. I also hated the game of Sadie says. She had never been in a threesome before and they were making her take charge which seemed odd to me.

Another thing that drove me nuts was Paul's re
Sadie has desired her best guy friend, Paul for years. With her life being busy with getting the catering portion of her family's business off the ground and Paul being busy with work and being on the board of directors for Mavericks, a local sex club, they don't spend much time together any more.

Paul is in charge of pulling together a party for Mavericks and instantly thinks of Sadie. This gives Paul the opportunity to get closer to Sadie. While they meet to discuss the party he asks her what h
Read my full review here: Quickie Review: Double Shot

This story started out as a fun, flirty story about two friends who each harbored feelings for the other. While there was a sexual undertone to the attraction, I couldn't help feel that the desire went much deeper. As Sadie discusses the details of the catering event she's just agreed to, her thoughts wander to all the possibilities and situations she can imagine with Paul and we see how deeply rooted her attraction to Paul is. Thinking about
Oct 21, 2011 Maria rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
A short book that poses two interesting questions- can a long-term friendship survive sex, and can a relationship survive with the addition of a third person to the bedroom?
This was a good story, though short. The build up of Paul and Sadie's relationship is full of tension and fun. I would have liked more story building around the three siblings, but for a short story what we got wasn't bad. They seem to have a fun, supportive relationship.
Paul's subtle challenging of Sadie's emotional bounda
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was a good story, I am always a sucker for the best friends to lovers theme. I also liked the taste of m/m action. My only complaint was it was way too short. I would have liked more background. I look forward to the next stories.

***I received this story as an ARC from NetGalley***
Wow, just wow - that was amazing!!!!!!

Picked up the book at a Canada Day sale, and glad I did - I have no idea how I didn't stumble onto these books or this authour before, but glad I finally did

Yes, Sadie runs a coffee shop with her brother and sister, and yes she is the introvert. Her and Paul have been dancing around each other forever, but they are both oblivious to their affect on the other

Actually, once it all comes around, Sadie has no idea how she impacts any member of the opposite sex.
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
Wish this was longer...enjoyed this book!
Cocktails and Books
Sadie Long has known Paul for ten years. Of those ten years, she wanted him, thinking the only thing she could ever have was his friendship.

Paul's feeling for Sadie changed a while ago, but he never had the nerve to do anything about those feelings, until his friend Josh planted the seed. So when an opportunity arises to hire Sadie's catering company for an event at Josh's club, Paul jumps on the chance to put his seduction of Sadie into action.

Josh owns Maverick, a sex club, where is hosting a
Sadie owns a coffee and catering company with her two siblings, Paige and Ian. Working tirelessly, she has little time to date, but why would she when she has been in love for ten years with her friend, Paul. In need of a cater for a party his sex club, Mavericks is hosting, Paul turns to Sadie for help. While meeting, Paul asks Sadie about her fantasies, but she puts him off not wanting to ruin their friendship. Paul keep encouraging her to tell him, but can she show her deepest fantasy of a mé ...more
Martina Koleva
Oh I loved this one. It was quite exciting and a lot of fun.
I never learned to write reviews about adult books. I just don't feel comfortable for some reason but I don't want that to stop me from expressing my feelings for the book...
The book was quite short. Just eight chapters of so but they were eight awesome chapters about Sadie and Paul. Two very good friends that have avoided their feeling for each other just because they didn't want to blur the line between them and their friendship.

Double Shot is a great introduction to the Long Shots series and left me keen to spend more time with the Long siblings. This is the story of middle sister Sadie who is the one in charge of the kitchen of the family cafe and catering business that they run together. We are also introduced to older sister Paige who is in charge of the business side of things and their younger brother Ian who is the coffee genius. Compared to her siblings Sadie has always considered herself the quiet one, she is h ...more
Mariana Bezerra
Sadie is the owner off a coffee shop along with her brother and sister in Toronto Queer West District, same block as Mavericks, a sex club where Paul, has friends and visits quite a lot. Sadie has been dreaming about Paul for long ten years, and never thought he would ever see her as more than just friends. They first met throught Rachel, Paige best friend who at the time was dating a friend of Paul, indulging in the scene.

After some time without a girlfriend and not really enjoying the scene at
Double Shot by Christine D’Abo
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sadie runs the Pulled Long coffee shop with her sister Paige and her brother Ian. She has wants them to expand into catering to increase their business but they have not been receptive to the idea. Now her friend Paul has provided her with the perfect opportunity to show them this is just what their business needs.

The challenge is to cater an event for eighty plus members of the exclusi
Christi Snow
My Review:
What a hot little book! I loved this one. This is a friends to lovers trope and you all know that I love that!

Sadie owns a coffee and catering shop with her brother and sister. She has been friends with Paul for ten years and has lusted after him for most of that time, but Paul has never been interested. What Paul is interested in is having the Sadie do some catering for a party at the sex club, Mavericks. While discussing the details of the party, Paul pushes Sadie to reveal her fanta
Brandie Buckwine
The excellent descriptive writing and sexual tension (the kind that makes you squirm) in this novella kept me racing through to the end. Sadie, over-worked and under-sexed, is faced with the opportunity to make her dreams come true with her long-time friend, Paul. Over the years, each has harbored a secret crush on the other, but neither of them have ever acted on their feelings. Paul finally decides to force the issue and try to make his fantasies about Sadie a reality.

The build-up to the clima
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Sadie and Paul need to get their kink on! Still digesting before I write my official review.

Friends becoming lovers is a storyline I am always leery of reading. Generally they end as friend with benefits and then fizz out. In this one, Sadie and Paul get their kink on! Sadie is the middle child in the Long family. The three siblings own a cool coffee shop which they are trying to run together. I love sibling stories and friends becoming lovers and family helping each other. Between these t
Started skimming @ 45%. Sadie was self-centered and had a low social IQ. Almost TSTL. She had a 10 year crush on her girlfriend's old boyfriend Paul. She did not date during that time and when she finally hooks up with him it was instant menage with his friend Josh. Yea right.

The book ended with Paul and Sadie together, but Paul and Josh were a stronger couple.

There are better romances and better PWP out there. This book fell through the cracks.
3.5 Stars!
This is the first of the Long Shot novellas. The Long siblings Sadie, Paige and Ian run and own Pulled Long coffee shop and Bakery.

Double Shot is Sadie Longs tale of finally getting together with her long time lusting crush on her friend Paul.
Sadie is the quieter middle sister, with a tendency to be a bit nonexistent. I didn't feel much for Sadie. She was a bit bland in character until she surprised me by not only voicing her fantasy to Paul but following through.
This is a very sexy m
Steamy and Hot without being over the top!

I really enjoyed Double Shot. Christine d'Abo is a new author to me and I will definitely be keeping an eye on this series as well as other books that she writes.

Although I enjoy short stories or novellas, I do prefer a bit of a longer book. It just seems like either the book feels unfinished or rushed if it is under 30,000 words. I would prefer 50,000 words plus. Then again if you are in the mood for a fun and HOT short story then this book is perfect
  • Falke's Captive (Puma Nights #2)
  • No Holds Barred
  • Imprinted
  • The Perfect Union (Perfect Love Series, #1)
  • Two Masters for Samantha  (Awakenings #3)
  • Breath on Embers
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Coming Clean (Dirty Laundry, #3)
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Light Switch
  • The Naughty List
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Deep in the Woods (Fortune, #1)
  • Control
  • Dirty Thirty
A romance novelist and short story writer, Christine has over thirty publications to her name. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs.

My thoughts on any of my Goodreads reviews are only my opinion as a reader. I don't post anything
More about Christine d'Abo...

Long Shots (5 books)
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • Pulled Long (Long Shots, #3)
  • Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4)
  • Choose Your Shot: An Interactive Erotic Adventure (Long Shots #5)