Start by marking “Love Lives” as Want to Read:
Love Lives

Love Lives

Lost Soul's Point is the tourist trail name for the highest part of the wild and windswept cliffs overlooking the south coast seaside resort of Shoresby. In 1871, following the suicide of his daughter here, Alexander Walpole locked himself inside his nearby family home of Appleforth House and burnt it to the ground. It's here that the hopes and fears of four very different ...more
Published January 10th 2003 by William Heinemann (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Love Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lives

Eva
Feb 11, 2017 Eva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2017
To be honest, I did not expect that I would like this book. I'm not the biggest fan of these kind of romance-books and at times I can get frustrated with switches between characters but with this one it wasn't so bad!

You follow the story of Ned, Ellen, Jimmy and Verity and how their lives intertwine against the background of a burned down, but currently being restored, cottage and the mystery it brings.

I found the story of Ned and Ellen very predictable and wasn't my taste, but I really liked Ji
Writerlibrarian
La vie, l’amour est le quatrième roman du couple Josie Lloyd et Emlyn Rees, unit dans la vie et dans l’écriture. Typique de la littérature, dite féminine, ce roman écrit à quatre mains raconte la vie et les amours de Jimmy et Vérity, deux adolescents à l’aube de leur vie adulte. Le péril, l’aventure de l’amour non déclaré, le “thrill” de l’amour que l’on pense “parfait”. Jimmy aime Vérity de loin, décide finalement de faire le premier pas, jour même où Denny, plus âgé, déjà un succès dans cette ...more
Jul 15, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great summer read! I couldn't put it down!
Soho_Black
Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Or is it the other way around? I can never remember. The point is that we’ve been told so many times of late that men and women can’t ever hope to understand one another because we’re so different.

That’s long seemed the case in literature as well. The images of men presented in chick lit have never seemed quite rounded enough to me. Bridget Jones’ men were either perfect or complete bastards. Or your father. Serena Mackesy’s men were all fantasy men. That
Den
Aug 07, 2013 Den rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2013, 2014
First Read: 30 July 2013 - Ellen comes to the village to make a documentary about a local suicide landmark. Ned is around restoring an old house. Both have luggage but find themselves attracted to each other.Then there are the two teenagers who are destined to be together (with a little bit of help from the others)

Second read: December 2014 - Charlotte got this out the library to eat and I was at a loose end so picked it up and started reading ... Thinking parts of this storyline seem familiar A
Verity
Nov 30, 2014 Verity rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was quite enjoyable and was really quick and easy but I had a lot of issues with it. The plot line had a lot of gaps and there was a lot of build up for a very anticlimactic end. The conclusion felt rushed and not put together all that well. I've only ever read two other books written by multiple people and Lloyd and Rees wrote perfectly together, the switch between each character was normal and not forced. The biggest annoyance with this book was the fact that they constantly referred ...more
Ilonita50
Oct 09, 2011 Ilonita50 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
i think it was good; hehe..funny when it occur to be going between Ellen and Ned; Real pain reading teenage longing for Danny and knowing there are such teenage girls everyday, like boys as Danny and there are situation games when as in story Verity and Danny.. Oh i really love the moment in the book after Jimmy gave Verity the CD, cos the way Verity's character response was absolutely clear for her he was "empty space"..hahaha..
Nathan
Jan 19, 2012 Nathan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm an unashamed fan of the work of these authors, but I'm afraid that this one ran perilously close to Mills&Boon level schmaltz. Not their best work. Enjoyable enough, but the plot was as transparent as a thin sheet of plastic wrap and there were a couple of "because it's in the script" moments. 2/5
Rachel Brand
I think this was one of my favourite books as a teenager. I read my tattered copy several times before I finally gave it away when it lost its appeal when I got older. I remember getting rather annoyed at the actions of the teenage girl, but there must have been something that made me keep coming back to this book. It spoke to my fourteen-year-old self, even if I can't recall what it had to say.
Naomi
Jul 02, 2011 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen and Scott are doing a documentary on Lost Soul’s Point, part of a seaside cliff notorious for the number of suicides that have occurred there.

This book was quite good- there were no questions that were unanswered at the end of the book. There were quite a lot of twists in the story.
Cláudia
Jan 15, 2014 Cláudia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2005
It took me a while to "enter" the book. I was finding it a bit boring, a lot of separate stories, and my head didn't want to make such a big effort :)
But then the story grabbed me, as usual the caracters were very real and I started caring for them.

Definitly an enjoyable read.
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Not my favorite by Lloyd/Rees but still a good, entertaining read. The story seemed to move a bit slowly and it took some time before I connected with the characters. A satisfying ending, though, and a good read overall.
Zoe
Jun 05, 2014 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra
Sep 29, 2009 Sandra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
OK but not very excitin, too predictable who ends up getting together...
Alison
Nov 25, 2007 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-japan
Don't remember much of this book, I think it was decent, because I don't have an immediate repulsion when I glance at the cover.
Tatyana
Nov 05, 2012 Tatyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Maybe it's because I was reading it on the beach at the seaside enjoying the sun and lovely weather. Or maybe I still believe in love...
Jacqueline
Finished this yesterday, it was so so, the story between jimmy and verity saved it from being just another predictable chick lit. This book was sweet!
Tina
Sep 29, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once you got into the story and got used to the story being swapped from one couple to another, it ended up to be a good read.
Michelle
Jun 21, 2008 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty predictable. An ok summer read if you don't want to have to think while reading.
Eli
Jan 28, 2014 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2014
The story didn't read as easily for me as the Jack & Amy stories, but I enjoyed it once I got into it.
Ashleigh
Not the best book by these two authors but it gets the job done when you just need an easy read.
Estelle
Sep 03, 2015 Estelle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nina
Jul 16, 2012 Nina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable Beach read.
Jill Lamond
Nov 20, 2015 Jill Lamond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing how dated this is. It was only written in 2003 and yet it seems like so long ago! Enjoyed it though. Good story and well written.
Louise
Mar 23, 2012 Louise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hayley Kellegher
Hayley Kellegher rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Rey2727
Rey2727 rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Amabel
Amabel rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Megan Bradley
Megan Bradley rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015