Start by marking “Love Lives” as Want to Read:
Love Lives

Love Lives

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  293 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Lost Soul's Point is the tourist trail name for the highest part of the wild and windswept cliffs overlooking the south coast seaside resort of Shoresby. In 1871, following the suicide of his daughter here, Alexander Walpole locked himself inside his nearby family home of Appleforth House and burnt it to the ground. It's here that the hopes and fears of four very different ...more
Published January 10th 2003 by William Heinemann (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Love Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lives

Writerlibrarian
La vie, l’amour est le quatrième roman du couple Josie Lloyd et Emlyn Rees, unit dans la vie et dans l’écriture. Typique de la littérature, dite féminine, ce roman écrit à quatre mains raconte la vie et les amours de Jimmy et Vérity, deux adolescents à l’aube de leur vie adulte. Le péril, l’aventure de l’amour non déclaré, le “thrill” de l’amour que l’on pense “parfait”. Jimmy aime Vérity de loin, décide finalement de faire le premier pas, jour même où Denny, plus âgé, déjà un succès dans cette ...more
This book was a great summer read! I couldn't put it down!
Verity
This book was quite enjoyable and was really quick and easy but I had a lot of issues with it. The plot line had a lot of gaps and there was a lot of build up for a very anticlimactic end. The conclusion felt rushed and not put together all that well. I've only ever read two other books written by multiple people and Lloyd and Rees wrote perfectly together, the switch between each character was normal and not forced. The biggest annoyance with this book was the fact that they constantly referred ...more
Den
First Read: 30 July 2013 - Ellen comes to the village to make a documentary about a local suicide landmark. Ned is around restoring an old house. Both have luggage but find themselves attracted to each other.Then there are the two teenagers who are destined to be together (with a little bit of help from the others)

Second read: December 2014 - Charlotte got this out the library to eat and I was at a loose end so picked it up and started reading ... Thinking parts of this storyline seem familiar A
Cláudia
It took me a while to "enter" the book. I was finding it a bit boring, a lot of separate stories, and my head didn't want to make such a big effort :)
But then the story grabbed me, as usual the caracters were very real and I started caring for them.

Definitly an enjoyable read.
Raysha Letchman
what a sweet, easy, deep and comforting read. So realistic. they should make this a film!
Eli
The story didn't read as easily for me as the Jack & Amy stories, but I enjoyed it once I got into it.
Ilonita50
i think it was good; hehe..funny when it occur to be going between Ellen and Ned; Real pain reading teenage longing for Danny and knowing there are such teenage girls everyday, like boys as Danny and there are situation games when as in story Verity and Danny.. Oh i really love the moment in the book after Jimmy gave Verity the CD, cos the way Verity's character response was absolutely clear for her he was "empty space"..hahaha..
Rachel Brand
I think this was one of my favourite books as a teenager. I read my tattered copy several times before I finally gave it away when it lost its appeal when I got older. I remember getting rather annoyed at the actions of the teenage girl, but there must have been something that made me keep coming back to this book. It spoke to my fourteen-year-old self, even if I can't recall what it had to say.
Nathan
I'm an unashamed fan of the work of these authors, but I'm afraid that this one ran perilously close to Mills&Boon level schmaltz. Not their best work. Enjoyable enough, but the plot was as transparent as a thin sheet of plastic wrap and there were a couple of "because it's in the script" moments. 2/5
Naomi
Ellen and Scott are doing a documentary on Lost Soul’s Point, part of a seaside cliff notorious for the number of suicides that have occurred there.

This book was quite good- there were no questions that were unanswered at the end of the book. There were quite a lot of twists in the story.
Tanya
Not my favorite by Lloyd/Rees but still a good, entertaining read. The story seemed to move a bit slowly and it took some time before I connected with the characters. A satisfying ending, though, and a good read overall.
Jacqueline
Finished this yesterday, it was so so, the story between jimmy and verity saved it from being just another predictable chick lit. This book was sweet!
Tina
Once you got into the story and got used to the story being swapped from one couple to another, it ended up to be a good read.
Alison
Don't remember much of this book, I think it was decent, because I don't have an immediate repulsion when I glance at the cover.
Ashleigh
Not the best book by these two authors but it gets the job done when you just need an easy read.
Michelle
Pretty predictable. An ok summer read if you don't want to have to think while reading.
Sandra
OK but not very excitin, too predictable who ends up getting together...
Georgina Mason
the book equivalent of a chick flick
Nina
An enjoyable Beach read.
Becky Robinson
Becky Robinson marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Aoife Yeates
Aoife Yeates marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
  • The Scent of Scandal
  • Family Trust
  • The Lazarus Child
  • The Bad Mother's Handbook
Come Together (Jack & Amy, #1) The Boy Next Door Come Again (Jack & Amy, #2) The Seven Year Itch (Jack & Amy, #3) The Three Day Rule: Get to Know a Family You're Never Going to Forget ...