Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,821 ratings  ·  156 reviews
Upbeat, humorous, and iconoclastic, Lynn Grabhorn introduced readers to the Law of Attraction in 2000 with "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting." The hardcover edition was an immediate hit, sold more than 151,000 copies, and appeared on the "New York Times" bestseller list.

Grabhorn was the first to reveal that the power of feelings is what unconsciously shapes and molds every...more
Published February 6th 2009 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published 1999)

Tami
You get what you want out of life, exactly what you want. Why aren't you rich and famous with that special someone hanging on your every word? The answer is so simple that it's maddening. Thought manifests form. In other words, whatever you think about that's what you create in your life.

There's good news and bad news to this life changing discovery. First the bad news. Most of us spend the majority of our day drawing to us exactly what we don't want. I hope that my boss doesn't call me on gett...more
Hmza ahmd

This was the topic of an excellent book I read recently: "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn. With a practical and easy-to-read (not to mention downright humorous) style, Ms. Grabhorn provides a simple process for "flowing energy" in the right direction.

In fact, the book actually got my emotions flowing even as I was reading it! I found myself laughing out loud and having little "aha!" moments every few pages. Even knowing as much as I like to think I know about the Law of Attrac...more
Melodie Williams
I would recommend this self help book to anyone and everyone! My father taught me this principle when I was a child and, when I've been awake enough to remembered its truth, I've use it. If we could only remember all the time that it is God's will for us to be happy. Thanks Lynn Grabhorn and thanks Dad.
Shasha
I started reading this book because I got it from the library. I read a story to my husband about a tiny baseball player (spoilers) that Lynn writes about, then I didn't have time to finish it. I wanted my husband to get on board with me because I could already tell that this wasn't like any other self-help book out there within the first chapter!
My husband didn't seem too interested... A little while later (and I'm not sure how long, or who he listened to- cuz it wasn't me!), we were sitting in...more
Paula
This book changed the way I think, and as a result, saved my life. It's a bit repetitive, but it's written sarcastically, so it kept my attention. I needed a boost of positivity a while back, and this book delivered it. It gently, or not so gently, reminds the reader that you have to get up and make (or think) things happen in order for your life to change. I have been cognizant of my negative flow of energy ever since and work very hard to check that I'm in the right frame of mind as much as po...more
Lisa Ryan
This is one of my favorite books and one that I have given to numerous friends over the years. Lynn Grabhorn writes as if you are a friend and this is a conversation. I like the way she encourages the reader to go deep and feeeel the emotions of what they want to attract into their lives. I've read it several times.

It is in the recommended reading section of my book, The Upside of Down Times: Discovering the Power of Gratitude which can be found here: http://amzn.to/NjNs06
Mariam
I do believe that when you think positively, you generate good energy that allow you to attract and find practical ways to get the good things in life but to say that I can “feel” my way to health, wealth and happiness is just crap! In real life, bad things happen to good positive people and good things also happen to mean, negative jerks! This book didn’t add anything new, it was very repetitive, boring and unrealistic. What a waste of my money!
Amie
I really enjoyed the different outlook and stories in this book... since it's all about energy. It was a great reminder! It took a few chapters for me to get past the fact the author COMPLETELY and unabashdly ripped off all the content of her book from Esther Hicks and didn't give credit or payment where it was due. Oh well, the author and her karma will have to deal with that.
Camille Booth
When I read The Secret, I found the concept of positive energy drawing other positive energy (and vice versa) compelling. However, it all seemed to simplistic...this book, expands on that idea and also includes ways to change from a negative "vibration" to a positive. In all, I think that is the most powerful element of this book...real techniques to enact that change.
Melanie Lofstedt
Sep 11, 2007 Melanie Lofstedt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: everyone!
This book really did change my life. It makes you look at things differently and you can see how it can change your life for the better. It's not as easy as it sounds to follow all the ideas listed, but gives me something to aim for. Some minor things bothered me about the book, but overall fantastic. I plan on reading it again and taking notes this time!
Lisa Garner
After re-reading The secret for the 26th time, I was recommended this book by a friend as a hands-on continuation.
What a godsend! This book gives you very practical tips in an everyday tone that as been so helpful to me. Straight away things in my life started to change for the better. Highly recommended to anyone practicing the law of attraction.
Kerry
A friend recommended this book and said it changed her life, so naturally I was curious and excited to start. However, I couldn't finish it. Although with a sound intent (Law of Attraction), it is sloppy and repetitive. Pages and pages were written on one same simple concept, and I got tired of it very quickly.
Susan Highland
May 03, 2011 Susan Highland is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this inspiring book once, and found that there is a lot of power in how you feel. Negative feelings draw negative happenings to your life, and Positive, joyful feelings bring success to your life. When I slip into negative, it's time to read this book again!

On my second read starting now!
Kjiminy Willie
This was one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. It makes me happy just looking at it, so I always keep it close by. If I am down or "stuck," I just flip through it and read a couple pages and I feel better. It reminds me that my attitude is crucial in bringing me what I want in life.
Maureen
My favorite piece from this book involves telling yourself a new story, in the form of a fairy tale, about your life... or rather the life you want to create. A fun tool in the toolbox of Law of Attraction practices. The title does not do the quality of this book justice.
Dawn
Don't let the goofy title put you off. This book about the now infamous Law of Attraction is well worth reading. Grabhorn (gotta love that last name!) explains it all in down to earth language with irreverant humor and personal stories we can all relate to. Love it!
Cassandra
Dave K: (seeing me reading this book) Hey, you know that author eventually went insane and killed herself?
Me: What? Great, I didn't want to know that!
Dave K: Haha nah I'm just messing with you. But no, she really is dead.
Sara
I recommend this book to those who believe in law of attraction. Excellent book to start a new year with :-)
Leez
It's just Abraham material. Except she doesn't credit her source, so I'd rather read the real thing.
Krista
Book club unanimously agreed: suuuuuucked. Offensively so.
Kate
I think it's interesting to look at ways that we're not being as powerful of our own lives as we could be, not claiming ownership of our own choices and decisions and just living in a funk. I think this book does pose some questions that might push someone to think about what it is they really want. I think the exercise she proposes, of focusing on something positive about yourself every day instead of letting yourself get bogged down by anxiety, might be interesting.

My perspective on the "Law o...more
Jess castellanos lobaton
What an awesome book.
Unbelievable for many i bet.
This is one of my favourite genres, you feel a completely different person AFTER reading a book. I love the sensation of inner progress. I love the feeling of closing the book for the very last time and actually see that NOW you see LIFE in a VERY different way. THIS BOOK TAKES YOU THERE.
I so loved it, i wont give it away because I'm sure I'll need read it again in no too long but I'm gonna buy a couple more copies for a few someone's I have in mi...more
Dima
Aug 27, 2007 Dima rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: lost and found
Shelves: batterychargers
a present from EKI, to read on the flight to Moscow. a pleasent book. Lynn Grabhorn learnt alot from her surename. She grabs all horns logicless to redefine Gung-Ho in her own direct style. this directness results in her having to repeat over and over throughout the book to come up with 300 pages. which is also helpful, since i need to be reminded over and over about the simplicity of her thoughts.

There you go. No logic, all feeling book about how to run away with your instincts and dump your lo...more
Graham
I've been doing a bit more research on electromagnetic energy, so this was a good book for me to read at this time. Grabhorn's style is akin to sitting down with an older friend and chatting-it's enjoyable. There really is nothing new in this book that I haven't read before, but because of her style, it adds credence.
I'd recently posted on my LinkedIn profile comments made by Tony Robbins regarding the benefits of changing the words we use to describe of feelings. By altering those words we can...more
May
Ok so this book was totally a wower. There was some stuff in there that is totally amazing and self empowering. If any of you want to find a way to get joy in your life more frequently this is it. It really teaches you how to use your feelings to change your mood and eventually how you view and react to everything in your life. So amazing. However, this book does not always follow with what I believe to be truth, religiously speaking. That is why it is a four. I was able to take out of it what I...more
Brenda
This was my first exposure to the idea that one's thoughts/emotions/focus interact with a kind of cosmic grid and thereby influence what does/doesn't come into our lives. This was about 10 years ago and since then, of course, there are thousands of books on this subject and it is becoming a common idea among all ages and walks of life. I was sad to learn the author has since passed, but what a wonderful legacy this book is. She writes in a very down-to-earth and personal style, which I like. I h...more
Rania
The book was written in a simple language. The first half of the book was such a pain due to the constant repetition of the same ideas "feel good", "don't concentrate on the don't wants"... by the end of the book I realized that I became open to this new concept of feeling good and energy flow control and I will even give it a try. There are some points I disagree about with the author mainly from religious point of view. The author suggests that we are the creators of our lives and that there i...more
Renee Vogel Maxson
I was conflicted on how to rate this book. The book is redundant, the language is old fashioned with lots of dorky sayings and such but once I could look past all that I really got a lot out of this book. It has a lot of examples and how to's that are really easy to apply. I think the redundancy adds to knocking you over the head so there is no question on how to apply principles of the law of attraction. I believe that our energy really does create our outcomes and if you are interested in lear...more
Art Flores
Good book which continues from "The Secret". But it also explains how our thoughts not only bring the positive into our lives but also the negative. How to change the negative and enhance the positive. I especially liked the part about keeping your own thoughts about what you bring into your life to yourself and not trying to push our beliefs onto others.

I do wish this book wasn't so egocentric. A section on how to help others would have given this book five stars from me.

But this is a good boo...more
Lauren
After the intro I was a bit wary of the contents, but it was given to me from a reliable source. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past her writing style. I hate how to books, and defintely didn't relish reading a how to self-help yourself book. Some of her concepts are interesting, and I found willing my train to arrive did work. But beyond that...her ideas about hate bubbles coming towards you if you worry about your bills, and being late for work, and other negative concepts was taking her positi...more
mysterious death 1 4 Dec 31, 2013 04:01PM
  • The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Zen Living
  • Take Time for Your Life
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions
  • There Is Nothing Wrong with You: Going Beyond Self-Hate
  • For Tibet, with Love: A Beginner's Guide to Changing the World
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • The Science of Mind
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting Playbook: With the 12 Tenets of Awakening Dear God! What's Happening to Us?: Halting Eons of Manipulation Planet Two: Earth in a Higher Dimension...Are You Ready? Beyond the Twelve Steps: Roadmap to a New Life Each Day Your Life Begins: Inspired by Lynn Grabhorn's "New York Times" Bestseller "Excuse Me Your Life Is Waiting"

“You cannot solve a problem in the same frequency in which it was created.” 73 likes