Start by marking “Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings” as Want to Read:
Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  3,388 Ratings  ·  209 Reviews
Upbeat, humorous, and iconoclastic, Lynn Grabhorn introduced readers to the Law of Attraction in 2000 with "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting." The hardcover edition was an immediate hit, sold more than 151,000 copies, and appeared on the "New York Times" bestseller list.

Grabhorn was the first to reveal that the power of feelings is what unconsciously shapes and molds every
Published August 19th 2014 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published 1999)

Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You get what you want out of life, exactly what you want. Why aren't you rich and famous with that special someone hanging on your every word? The answer is so simple that it's maddening. Thought manifests form. In other words, whatever you think about that's what you create in your life.

There's good news and bad news to this life changing discovery. First the bad news. Most of us spend the majority of our day drawing to us exactly what we don't want. I hope that my boss doesn't call me on gett
Reem
Jul 16, 2016 Reem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتاب شيق للغاية يتحدث عن كيفية صنع حياتنا من خلال التحكم بمشاعرنا! أذهلني كيف ان ما ذكر في الكتاب انطبق علي حيث بدأت الاحظ كيف تلعب مشاعري دور حقيقي في الاحداث في حياتي! وبالتالي فأنا المسؤولة عن كل مايحصل في حياتي من خير او شر!
Hmza ahmd
Jun 17, 2011 Hmza ahmd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was the topic of an excellent book I read recently: "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn. With a practical and easy-to-read (not to mention downright humorous) style, Ms. Grabhorn provides a simple process for "flowing energy" in the right direction.

In fact, the book actually got my emotions flowing even as I was reading it! I found myself laughing out loud and having little "aha!" moments every few pages. Even knowing as much as I like to think I know about the Law of Attrac
Shasha
Jul 12, 2013 Shasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book because I got it from the library. I read a story to my husband about a tiny baseball player (spoilers) that Lynn writes about, then I didn't have time to finish it. I wanted my husband to get on board with me because I could already tell that this wasn't like any other self-help book out there within the first chapter!
My husband didn't seem too interested... A little while later (and I'm not sure how long, or who he listened to- cuz it wasn't me!), we were sitting in
Mariam
Feb 28, 2011 Mariam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I do believe that when you think positively, you generate good energy that allow you to attract and find practical ways to get the good things in life but to say that I can “feel” my way to health, wealth and happiness is just crap! In real life, bad things happen to good positive people and good things also happen to mean, negative jerks! This book didn’t add anything new, it was very repetitive, boring and unrealistic. What a waste of my money!
Melodie Williams
Jul 22, 2010 Melodie Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this self help book to anyone and everyone! My father taught me this principle when I was a child and, when I've been awake enough to remembered its truth, I've use it. If we could only remember all the time that it is God's will for us to be happy. Thanks Lynn Grabhorn and thanks Dad.
Dawn
Jul 12, 2011 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the goofy title put you off. This book about the now infamous Law of Attraction is well worth reading. Grabhorn (gotta love that last name!) explains it all in down to earth language with irreverant humor and personal stories we can all relate to. Love it!
Munira almansour
Oct 13, 2015 Munira almansour rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
العنوان يوحي بشيء .. والمحتوي شيء اخر .. كتاب ممل ولا يضيف شيء مهم يذكر
Kerry
Dec 23, 2011 Kerry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A friend recommended this book and said it changed her life, so naturally I was curious and excited to start. However, I couldn't finish it. Although with a sound intent (Law of Attraction), it is sloppy and repetitive. Pages and pages were written on one same simple concept, and I got tired of it very quickly.
Paula
Aug 12, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changed the way I think, and as a result, saved my life. It's a bit repetitive, but it's written sarcastically, so it kept my attention. I needed a boost of positivity a while back, and this book delivered it. It gently, or not so gently, reminds the reader that you have to get up and make (or think) things happen in order for your life to change. I have been cognizant of my negative flow of energy ever since and work very hard to check that I'm in the right frame of mind as much as po ...more
Lisa Ryan
Jul 08, 2012 Lisa Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books and one that I have given to numerous friends over the years. Lynn Grabhorn writes as if you are a friend and this is a conversation. I like the way she encourages the reader to go deep and feeeel the emotions of what they want to attract into their lives. I've read it several times.

It is in the recommended reading section of my book, The Upside of Down Times: Discovering the Power of Gratitude which can be found here: http://amzn.to/NjNs06
Yasmine
Oct 21, 2016 Yasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is truly excellent! I encourage you open minded readers to really challenge yourselves with this great read. It will definitely change your mind set on the everyday life around you, though only if you choose to. ;) I think you would really enjoy this book, it really put me on edge and made me think about the world around me with a fresh, new, crisp perspective. I know I let it change my me indeed. So don't be afraid, and try to think differently for once about your life and the great, ...more
Susan Highland
May 03, 2011 Susan Highland is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this inspiring book once, and found that there is a lot of power in how you feel. Negative feelings draw negative happenings to your life, and Positive, joyful feelings bring success to your life. When I slip into negative, it's time to read this book again!

On my second read starting now!
Melanie Lofstedt
Sep 11, 2007 Melanie Lofstedt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
This book really did change my life. It makes you look at things differently and you can see how it can change your life for the better. It's not as easy as it sounds to follow all the ideas listed, but gives me something to aim for. Some minor things bothered me about the book, but overall fantastic. I plan on reading it again and taking notes this time!
Kjiminy Willie
Dec 22, 2008 Kjiminy Willie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. It makes me happy just looking at it, so I always keep it close by. If I am down or "stuck," I just flip through it and read a couple pages and I feel better. It reminds me that my attitude is crucial in bringing me what I want in life.
Amie
Feb 10, 2009 Amie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the different outlook and stories in this book... since it's all about energy. It was a great reminder! It took a few chapters for me to get past the fact the author COMPLETELY and unabashdly ripped off all the content of her book from Esther Hicks and didn't give credit or payment where it was due. Oh well, the author and her karma will have to deal with that.
Vanea Tudor
Mar 02, 2016 Vanea Tudor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book i've read about law of attraction, you are your own God, everything depends on what you think. The author describe so well and so in detailed everything you need to know about feelings and how you can attract wellness in you life. A must read if you belive in the power of the Universe!
Lisa Garner
Sep 11, 2011 Lisa Garner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After re-reading The secret for the 26th time, I was recommended this book by a friend as a hands-on continuation.
What a godsend! This book gives you very practical tips in an everyday tone that as been so helpful to me. Straight away things in my life started to change for the better. Highly recommended to anyone practicing the law of attraction.
Camille Booth
Jul 29, 2008 Camille Booth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read The Secret, I found the concept of positive energy drawing other positive energy (and vice versa) compelling. However, it all seemed to simplistic...this book, expands on that idea and also includes ways to change from a negative "vibration" to a positive. In all, I think that is the most powerful element of this book...real techniques to enact that change.
Cassandra
Dave K: (seeing me reading this book) Hey, you know that author eventually went insane and killed herself?
Me: What? Great, I didn't want to know that!
Dave K: Haha nah I'm just messing with you. But no, she really is dead.
Olwen
Sep 01, 2014 Olwen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Just love this book! Read it for the second time this week, after being handed it by a friend several years ago. It's a great introduction to the law of attraction principles, written in an easy-to-read, fun and uplifting narrative.
Maureen
My favorite piece from this book involves telling yourself a new story, in the form of a fairy tale, about your life... or rather the life you want to create. A fun tool in the toolbox of Law of Attraction practices. The title does not do the quality of this book justice.
Leez
Nov 22, 2008 Leez rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's just Abraham material. Except she doesn't credit her source, so I'd rather read the real thing.
Sara Al-Dawood
Jul 25, 2012 Sara Al-Dawood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book to those who believe in law of attraction. Excellent book to start a new year with :-)
Darlene Hull
Jun 13, 2014 Darlene Hull rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Fun book to read. Some good tips on shifting your mindset and getting out of the negative thought patterns that get in the way of us being everything else were meant to be.
Krista
Aug 27, 2011 Krista rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Book club unanimously agreed: suuuuuucked. Offensively so.
Rosa Livingstone
Learning about the self and how our feelings drive our choices
Mary
Mar 12, 2017 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Very good book. Should have given more credit to Abraham-Hicks who developed the information. But she presents it very well.
Angel
Jun 22, 2015 Angel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kate
I think it's interesting to look at ways that we're not being as powerful of our own lives as we could be, not claiming ownership of our own choices and decisions and just living in a funk. I think this book does pose some questions that might push someone to think about what it is they really want. I think the exercise she proposes, of focusing on something positive about yourself every day instead of letting yourself get bogged down by anxiety, might be interesting.

My perspective on the "Law o
mysterious death 2 12 May 20, 2015 10:29PM
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • Do It!: Let's Get Off Our Buts
  • Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know

“You cannot solve a problem in the same frequency in which it was created.” 107 likes
“So here's the flash: Continuing to live life as a victim of circumstance, forever focusing on what's wrong with everything and everybody, will never, ever, bring the life desired. It will only bring one thing: more of whatever it is we're wanting so desperately to change.” 4 likes