Start by marking “Runaways: Orgullo y Alegría (Colección Extra Superhéroes, Runaways #1)” as Want to Read:
Runaways: Orgullo y Alegría (Colección Extra Superhéroes, Runaways #1)

Runaways: Orgullo y Alegría (Runaways Deluxe #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  7,470 ratings  ·  402 reviews
Contiene Runaways 1-18 USA.
Un gigantesco tomo con el primer volumen completo (¡Sí: aquí está todo!) de la innovadora y original serie creada por Brian K. Vaughn (Y, El Último Hombre, Lost) y Adrian Alphona. En la vida de cualquier joven, llega un momento en el que tiene algunas razones para escaparse de su casa, pero… ¿qué ocurriría si los motivos fueran realmente importan
Paperback, Colección Extra Superhéroes, 424 pages
Published November 2011 by Panini Comics España (Marvel Comics) (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Runaways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaways

I always knew I'd like comic books (I really enjoy serialized entertainment; it's why I prefer TV to movies: the long story arcs, the fully developed characters, etc), but I have been hesitant to try them because comic book communities seem so daunting and insular. X-Men has always been a comic series that intrigued me, but at this point there are like six million issues. How do I know where to start? But, with this comic book being so recent and so handily packaged in bound volumes and being av ...more
This is great! It sort of makes me sad, since I've had it sitting on my to-read pile for over 9 weeks & I was planning on just letting it go without reading it for some reason, but it's so spectacular it makes me depressed to think of all the other stuff that just sits there & sits there that I never end up reading and even though I know the odds are against all of that stuff being equally as awesome - still. The never-ending quest to read All The Good Stuff.

Anyway, this book sort of rea
Six children run away from home when they discover their parents are a secret super villain group known as The Pride. The discovery of their own weapons and powers allows them to plan a rebellion against their evil elders. Brian K. Vaughan is the writer so you know you're in for a great read from the start. The loveable team of Alex, Chase, Nico, Molly, Karolina, Gert and her pet velociraptor(!) provide plenty of laughs and memorable quotes. Runaways is one of those ridiculously enjoyable books ...more
Great stuff. Love these kids -- I even came to like Chase, which shocked me. They're well-written and believable. (and I have to remember that their pop-culture references are 10 years old already!) Great moment when they get called "Power Pack", and it was lovely to see Cloak and Dagger again [damn, that little Molly is strong] -- and to see Dagger both get called out for her costume and to get pissed off when she is called "Dazzler" by one of the kids.

Artwork was kind of crap in the first arc,
The deluxe edition has the complete first series of Runaways, 18 issues in all. It's a complete storyline, beginning to end. We start with six teens (and one preteen) discovering that they're parents are actually very powerful supervillains, and running away as an act of rebellion. Eventually, we get to the confrontation that we all knew was inevitable. The first six issues, which deal with the initial act of running away, was a really strong opening to the series. The last six issues, which cov ...more
What happens when you discover your parents are actually evil supervillains?

Brian K Vaughan's PG Marvel comic is all kinds of fun! Starts off kind of average, but takes the time to properly develop each of the characters and really build an engrossing and action-packed story. Overtly set in the Marvel universe, the comic regularly references the heroes we all know and love, plus the X-Mansion gets a shout-out, and there is a great cameo of one of the better known Marvel heroes. Is it just me, or
One of the best comic series I've ever read. Bar none.
DC superheroes have capes, while Marvel characters have psychic dinosaurs. I mean please, I think that just proves my argument right there. For any and all of you comic book lovers, this is a wonderful read, and it just keeps going. Two more volumes, plus a guest appearance in Daken Dark Wolverine that I just had to get. I would even recommend this to people who have yet to get into comics. In this first volume, we follow these five kids, each uncovering more about themselves and their parents a ...more
I love this comic series so much! I can see why Joss Whedon was a supporter from the beginning (and later, a contributor). It's fun, punchy, and the characters jump off the page.
Runaways is a lot of fun and so compelling that I lugged it around for an entire day just to read it in my downtime. Brian K. Vaughan created a masterful story with interesting characters and a fast-moving plot. With the premise that some kids discover that their parents are super villains, the portrayal of the kids and their parents is neither entirely good or bad. The kids so selfish stuff to balance out their hero status, and the parents are worried about their kids as much as they are angry. ...more
That's one way to deal with the conflict between parents and their children :p It's creative and original. You'd be more likely to expect a story where a group of kids discovers their parents are superheroes, but the opposite is the case in Runaways.

I'd heard people rave so much about it that my expectations may have been a little high going in. It's still a fun ride though. I'm not in love with any of the characters, but they did grow on me. I sympathize with Karolina in particular because on t
For many years, I've heard rumors of this series and how awesome it is. So I came into this with high expectations. Also, I managed to pick up the first three volumes for $20 last week. It was a ridiculous deal for these large hardcover editions. I think the first two have about 30 issues of the comic between them (haven't looked at the third one yet). I'm not overly thrilled with the peach color used on the spine of the books though, that could be better, I think.

But all that is beside the poi
Good stuff! I like the way they came up with an entirely new group of superheroes and still managed to mix in a few cameo scenes with older Marvel characters like Captain America.
Can't wait to read the next volume!
Fun stuff, if not ultimately as interesting as Y: The Last Man or Saga. But then, it's not supposed to be, is it? It was designed by BK Vaughn to be for a younger readership during an era when comics are increasingly grappling with adult issues in more adult ways (more sex, violence, cursing, and so forth). So it makes sense that this would be less intense, less adult, the sort of thing that you could comfortably hand to an eleven-year-old without worrying over content.

So: A lot of fun. Though d
When presented with this from my birthday wish-list, husband said: "you have the cultural tastes of a 15 year old boy". Yeah - cause it's way more fun than reading Rebecca Wells.
This is one of the few current Marvel titles that I follow. >.>

This series is about a group of kids who barely know each other. They have met once a year, for their entire lives, hanging out for an evening as their parents get together for the annual meeting of their club. Well, now our kids are teenagers, and they start getting curious... what is this club? They make the unfortunate decision to spy on the meeting, and they discover something horrific: their parents are supervillains.

So th
I had been planning to try this series eventually since I'd heard a lot of good things about it, but it was the Jo Chen covers that finally drew me in. Well, the covers on the later volumes. But since I don't like starting a series in the middle, unless I have no choice (which is pretty much the situation in most of the Marvel/DC Universe canon-- being able to start at the beginning is a great feeling.) I grabbed the first volume.

The story doesn't strike me as being revolutionary, but it has the
I love the Runaways! This isn't just a "superhero" story. Imagine waking up one day and finding out your entire life isn't what it seemed to be. And then imagine you have to deal with that while also dealing with everything a teen has to contend with (school, parents, love, friends, discovering who you are as a person, etc.) That's what the Runaways is about. The characters are a diverse mix of people too so that's nice to see. I want a Runaways movie! Joss, you liked it too. Get on that.
Lots of fun, really enjoyed the Brian Vaughn story with Adrian Alphona art (two issues had a different artist and definitely didn't enjoy the art as much in those two). Great mix of super-whatevers with aliens, mutants, time-travelers, sorcerers, mad geniuses, etc.

Arsenic and Old Lace, hah!
Short Review

The Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan. Man, I almost feel like this is better written than Saga sometimes. This graphic novel follows a group of young teens who parents meet every year for a "charity event." What the teens don't know is that there parents are part of an evil league called "The Pride." When they find out there parents sacrifice a young woman for overlords they work for all hell breaks lose.

I will say this is a bit predictable at times, but the character growth will be int
5 stars to Marvel for finally reprinting this in a library-friendly volume instead of those terrible manga-size volumes that were glued together with air!

Also 5 stars to Runaways for still being totally delightful obviously.
Jonathan Roberts
3.5 stars. I liked this book but it felt like it moved really slow I am hoping that the next trade moves faster, but it had good characters and a fun inventive story that will keep me coming back for more.
Emily Sorrells
Brian Vaughan can do no wrong for me. How did it take me so long to finally find this gem? I want a pet raptor!
This book was pretty good. There were some things that I was unhappy with some things but overall the story was good.
The Good: The storyline and artwork style made this series really engaging! While eighteen issues' worth of comics may seem overwhelming, I devoured it in a short while. It's different from the usual superheroes who revere their parents to the nth degree, but, not everyone has folks worth looking up to; I grew up without a father, so, I know that all too well. Fans of other Marvel stories should check this one out.

The Bad: As good as this was, I did have some minor complaints. First off, there w
Really it was only about 2.5 stars. A solid meh. Why?
Well lets start out with the pros:
1. The art is nice
2. Concept is interesting
3. Could turn into something really awesome
Now for the cons:
1. The characters are still rather paper thin, and are mostly stereotypes.
A) you have a jock, a nerd, a hippie, a goth, and the little kid.
B) the only ones that really suprised me was Arsenic and Old Lace.
2. To make it worse some of their powers match their stereotpyes
A) the hippie gets rainbow powers, the
Despite being an avid fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I admit that I have only read a few Marvel comics. I know! Blasphemy! I feel like I’ve failed as a geek somehow. (If you want the honest truth, I’m more of a DC fan. Batman, in particular, is my favorite.) One of the few Marvel comics that I have read, however, was Runaways. Written by the inestimable Brian K. Vaughn, Runaways delivers an engaging storyline, not a small amount of humor, and fantastic characters. Runaways takes ordinary ...more
Aww, this was utterly MARVELous! I'm hooked on to the characters already, and countlessly thinking about how fun it would be being them (in exception of their dilemma and how it came to be) - teenagers with superpowers they had no idea they were harvesting. Ahh, issues 16-18 was just pure gold. Ultimately, I loved its premise, which is why I was intrigued initially. It lived up to my expectations! I'm definitely continuing on with the series even if I may be a tad bit late (Vol. 4 is almost out)
I've been reading so many comics lately. My concentration is a little shot right now, and while I'm enjoying American Psycho (well... enjoying it as much as I can), I just need something light and easy. And after reading Saga, Volume 1, I realised I wanted to re-read more Brian K. Vaughan, so I hit up one of my favourite series: Runaways.

Karolina Dean is one of my favourite characters in comics. She's like the Dawn of the Marvel world. Now that would be funny- a Baby-Sitters Club/Runaways/X-Men
runaway 1 21 Mar 26, 2008 11:52AM
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Young Avengers (Hardcover)
  • Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E., Vol. 1: This is What They Want
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 3
  • Alias, Vol. 1
  • Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9)
  • Captain America Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • X-Factor: Life and Death Matters
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Alternative Culture
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 3: P.E.
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Runaways Deluxe (3 books)
  • Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 2