Start by marking “Delta Green: Through a Glass, Darkly” as Want to Read:
Delta Green: Through a Glass, Darkly

Delta Green: Through a Glass, Darkly (Delta Green Fiction)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"Born of the U.S. government's 1928 raid on the degenerate coastal town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts, the covert agency known as Delta Green spent four decades opposing the forces of darkness with honor, but without glory. Stripped of sanction after a disastrous 1969 operation in Cambodia, Delta Green's leaders made a secret pact: to continue their work without authority, w ...more
Nook, 282 pages
Published August 24th 2011 by Arc Dream Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Delta Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delta Green

Max Z
You probably won't like it, if you don't have a good knowledge of Delta Green mythos (too many characters and names with little explanation) but if you do, the book is like a rainbow of setting references. I was expecting a story with low stakes at start but weirdly enough, they've decided to completely rewrite the canon set in the RPG supplements, both the DG and MJ12 state of affairs. This had me baffled until I've googled this bit from the official DG FAQ:

Are the novels and fiction anthologie
Kevin Trainor
This is a big improvement over Denied To The Enemy, Detwiller's first Delta Green novel. Set in the near future, when Delta Green has officially been disbanded (and unofficially continues its work as a collection of rogue cells consisting of Federal agents), this novel mainly covers the climactic struggle between Delta Green and the MAJESTIC-12 committee, which has sold the US and its citizens to the aliens in return for snippets of their technology. Has what may qualify as a happy ending in the ...more
This is the first Delta Green book that I've not particularly liked.

The problem is it starts out telling one story, and then diverges off to tell another story about characters who haven't been properly introduced, that require you to have read all of the other DG green books to have any idea what is going on and why. And I must have missed one, because I was completely lost about who half the people were.

And given it's about complex government conspiracies...

So yeah. I think this one needed a l
Rickey Russell
Delta Green: Through A Glass Darkly is a blend between science fiction and classic horror story telling. The novel written by Dennis Ditwiller in just one in a series of Delta Green novels that play upon the twisted world created by Lovecraft and reigned by Cthulhu. Through A Glass Darkly starts off with a story already begun. Much in the way classic crime novels or Grisham novels weave tales of black ops and underground organizations hiding in the shadows of society and cleaning the streets of ...more
Pat Wilson
Delta Green series

I'm a newbie to this series and was a bit confused as to the origins. The writer assumes every reader will be pulled into the DG world on first read. I may have to read another book to get a feel for the series. Action is good but the confusing story line holds this one back.
I am a big delta green rpg fan and found this a good read adding to the rpg, just as much as being a good novel
This was better than the Delta Green book I read right before it, primarily because the characters in general had a bit more agency and actually did stuff. It retained the same general flaws as "Denied to the Enemy" as quite a few of the scenes didn't really flow together. Characters changed and grew, but all too frequently off-stage, just coming back later different. An early plot hook mostly fizzled out and was resolved more between the lines then with the attention the situation deserved. Tha ...more
Shannon Appelcline
There's some nice action-adventure in this book and some nice weirdness. Unfortunately, I found the rest difficult to follow with a too-large cast of characters getting too little attention and various agencies interacting with each other. I found it particularly difficult that we had a nice weird Mythos plot at the beginning of the book, and then it all became those agencies fighting each other toward the end.
Andre Kruppa
A well written look into the world of Delta Green. A fast moving story with a nice look at how the Lovecraftian Mythos might conflict and interact in the modern world. A good read for any Delta Green role-players and anyone the is a fan of cosmic horror and secret operations battling for the fate of humanity.
Michael Bourgon
A fantastic Conspiracy/Thriller/Cthulhu book, it does a great job both telling a story, and informing how Delta Green has changed in the past decade. It's only fault is that it's hardly a standalone novel - you have to know who Joe Camp is, why Alfonse is named that, what Delta Green even _is_.
Jan 20, 2012 Reza rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Whoa! An intense novel of the Delta Green conspiracy that manages to entertain, and pave the way for the update with the game. For fans of DG, I really recommend it. For people that have no clue what I'm talking about, nothing to see here.
Tarl marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Kristian Bjørkelo
Kristian Bjørkelo marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Craig added it
Oct 07, 2015
John Holmes III
John Holmes III is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2015
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Alexandra Barnett
Alexandra Barnett marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Féarghal Mac giobúin
Féarghal Mac giobúin marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Delta Green Fiction (8 books)
  • Delta Green: Alien Intelligence
  • Delta Green: Dark Theatres (Short Fiction Collection, Delta Green Cthulhu Mythos)
  • Delta Green : The Rules of Engagement