Blank-133x176
Frogs!

Elizabeth Carney

Frogs! (National Geographic Readers)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  17 reviews

WHAT WAS THAT? That’s the roaring burp of a bullfrog! SEE THAT? That’s the slick, shiny skin of colorful little rainforest frogs! Alive with froggy facts, this book has the coolest photos to bring kids deep into the swampy world of our amphibian amigos.

Published May 20th 2011 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Frogs!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frogs!

Savannah Work
National Geographic's book on frogs contains science concepts as well as geographic concepts. The photographs are of real frogs, they're colorful and will maintain a child's interest. The children would also enjoy the "comic book" looking illustrations that are in there with the facts. The book is very informative.

In the classroom: This books contains facts and photographs of the frogs and their habitats, this book can be used in a lesson on life cycles as well as geography.
Kat Couch
Mar 22, 2014 Kat Couch rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Recommended to Kat by: no one
I actually learned a few things while reading this. Definitely good for children.
Cheyenne
This book has great photographs and information perfect for Kindergarten read aloud.
Kristin
I used this book to prompt discussions on life cycles. This is one of many National Geographic Kids books that we have read, since the children love the real pictures. The genuine quality of the pictures help children concretely understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction; and based upon how often they return to these books on the shelf, it seems like they can not get enough of the real world! Thank you National Geographic!
Lauren Barone
What a great twist on the life of a frog! This book gives kids such detailed descriptions and pictures of the many different types of frogs that live in different habitats around the world. the details in this story were incredible and just difficult enough to challenge the children as they read! I would use this book in teaching the children all about nature and the small animals that live there.
Katie Morrison
The book is a great book for those starting to read chapter books. It is great because it is informational about frogs, but also has a glossary in the back.
Michelle
This is a National Geographic Kids book rated level 1. This is a non-fiction book with great real like pictures. The main text of this book is a level 1. But most pages have a little box of supporting information that definately would be too hard for a young reader to read. Would be a great book for the reader to read the main text and then the adult read the bonus information to them.
Yessenia Maldonado
All about frogs! An easy reader book that gives you information about frogs. It also includes riddles and definitions for certain words. All the images are real pictures. Informs on all different kinds of frogs, their size, color and life cycle. It concludes with the instructions for the happy frog dance. Nice easy book for children to read.
Mrs Bond
Filled with facts and photos, this text aims to grab the reader’s attention. The larger type size and colorful text bubbles usher the reader from page to page of fascinating information on frogs. Includes table of contents, brief visual glossary.
Miranda Rae Carter
These National Geographic reads are hot item in my house. I love how my kids are fascinated with animals and learning about them. Great reads and I highly recommend them.
Jessica Lauber
Lots of easy to understand information. Interesting facts. Colorful pictures. Entertaining with additional jokes every few pages. Easy reader.
Lyn
I liked it because I learned about frogs and it had pictures of real frogs in it.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
I really like the structure and style of these early readers by National Geographic.
Ashley
Good book. Great to use when studying about the life cycles of frogs.
Abby Clark
Great pictures! Informational text about frogs.
Yxiong001
Oct 31, 2013 Yxiong001 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Catron
Sarah Catron marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Katie Miltenberger
Katie Miltenberger marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Gclark19
Gclark19 marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Luke
Luke added it
Aug 24, 2014
Angelica Joyce
Angelica Joyce marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Lissy
Lissy added it
Aug 05, 2014
Nikki
Nikki added it
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elizabeth Carney is a writer and editor based in Brooklyn, New York. She specializes in children's nonfiction and science, math, and STEM-related subjects.

Elizabeth received the 2005 AAAS Science Journalism Award for science reporting for children. Her titles Face to Face With Cheetahs, Face to Face With Gorillas, and Great Migrations: Whales, Wildebeests, Butterflies, Elephants, and Other Amazing...more
More about Elizabeth Carney...
National Geographic Readers: Cats vs. Dogs National Geographic Kids Chapters: Dog Finds Lost Dolphins: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Heroes National Geographic Readers: Bats National Geographic Readers: Planets Mummies (National Geographic Readers Series)