Start by marking “The Sacrifice (Animorphs, #52) ” as Want to Read:
The Sacrifice (Animorphs, #52)

The Sacrifice (Animorphs, #52) (Animorphs #52)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,255 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Yeerks have abandoned all secrecy. They are loading people onto underground trains that run directly to the Yeerk pool where they perform mass infestations. The vast army of Controllers is growing rapidly and will soon be unstoppable. Ax and the Animorphs can think of only one solution‹to use one of the trains to blow up the Yeerk pool. But the cost will be measured in ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 151 pages
Published April 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published March 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Sacrifice (Animorphs, #52), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sacrifice (Animorphs, #52)

Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
description

After the Governor’s televised warning in the previous book, the Yeerks decided to drop al pretences and start herding civillians via trains to the Yeerk pool to be infested. Ax and the Animorphs know the pool is a major weakness they’ve tried to exploit in the past, but now it’s time for them to pull out the big guns – literally – and blow it up, crippling the Yeerks once and for all.

It was hard for me to remember, in this book, that the Animorphs themselves don’t know how limited their time is
Julie Decker
During a battle, Ax meets a Yeerk that begs for its life so it can stay in bird morph and become trapped that way--it wants to be "free." After the battle, they have to discuss war plans and they decide it'd be a good idea to bomb the Yeerk pool even though there are innocent people there, and Cassie doesn't want to do it because she doesn't think the ends justify the means. During this discussion she ends up admitting to being the person who lost them the morphing cube, and Ax begins to hate he ...more
Almira
If this series is for kids, then why is it that I...

Hahaha.

This had too much pain, why, Applegate? Why are you this cruel. Hahaha jkily.

---
I understand Ax. No, I really do. There are really many ways on how to solve this whole yeerk business. And Ax's way is not so bad. Go quarantine. So what if people will die, then it's just mercy killing for humans. I don't blame him for having this mindset. He grew up with Andalites anyway, and they're warriors. I don't really expect Ax to grow so soft.

Ah b
Swankivy
The gritty sacrifices of A REAL WAR are thrown in your face in this book. The Yeerks aren't hiding who they are anymore and they're ready to take over by force. What can the Animorphs do to stop them? Well, they could blow up the Yeerks' pool, but that would sure kill a lot of innocent people.

They might have to do it anyway.

But it's still hard to consider yourself a good guy if you end up having to murder hundreds in the hopes that it'll help save millions.

This kind of decision shouldn't be in t
alternBRUNO°°
This book could be a sick and twisted interpretation of "united we stand", yet it can't be understood as something heroic rather something hard to grasp and assimilate. Cassie, the most compassionate human, finds herself hated by a very determined and black or white Ax. They meet their inner dark maker along the way and stated to be together again although having problems getting his head around their home worlds. It is a steady and prosperous piece of writing and creativity.
Micah
You can tell this book was one of the ghostwritten. The plot is a little busy in this one. There's a lot of payoffs and setups getting done in preparation for the finale. The prose is also occasionally awkward, and the character voices are a tiny bit off, especially the narration by Ax.

On the other hand, awesome action, great ending. I mean, damn. That final scene is all sorts of post-apocalyptic. Shit just got real.
Renisse
Soooo real happened. Aximili-Esgarouth-Isthil behaves like a real le douche in this one. But to tell the truth, war is hard and it changes people. Ax needs to recall his loyalty tho. Lots of action.
Alex
Only two books left! I can't wait to see how this ends, though at the same time I'm not ready for it to be over.
Soo Jo
There was sudden changes in his mood. I felt like he was having severe mood swings.
Caitlin
Jackie Krasuski
I do not know how I ever would have survived junior high without this fantastic science fiction series. Maybe the story quality went down as the book numbers got higher, but the idea that aliens were invading our planet secretly... it was almost good enough for a young teenager to believe.
Tulsi
Ax is such an interesting character, and the story is so interesting at this point, they are on the point of either failing or suceeding, and Applegate makes them more ruthless, which I guess is necessary if they want to win. These last three books are fantastic.
Odette
The ghost writer for this book really didn't have Ax's voice down. I understand trying to make him sound like an alien, but it was over-the-top in this case. The plot itself is great, though.
Lindsey
Im glad that the title of this book was relatively misleading and also I don't think I can hold all these Cassie feels (but i do know i need several trucks for my rachel feels)
Ethan
I thought it was strange how Ax was contacting the Andalite home world without Jake knowing about it.
Vanessa
It was awesome even though I don't agree with some of the things that Ax thought.
Nicole
I'M A MESS I'M A MESS I'M A MESS THIS BOOK WAS EMOTIONALLY DEVASTATING
Julian
This book was the best of the series so far - it had explosions!
Christiana Sherrill
Another exploration of morality. Never my favorite.
Kelsey
Kelsey added it
Aug 26, 2015
brenda leavy
brenda leavy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Martina
Martina marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
  • The Rescuers Down Under
  • Mouse (Five Ancestors, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6
  • Dragon Castle
  • Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, Vol. 1 (Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, #1)
  • Collision Course (Star Trek: Academy, #1)
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...

Animorphs (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The Invasion (Animorphs, #1)
  • The Visitor (Animorphs, #2)
  • The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)
  • The Message (Animorphs, #4)
  • The Predator (Animorphs, #5)
  • The Capture (Animorphs, #6)
  • The Stranger (Animorphs, #7)
  • The Alien (Animorphs, #8)
  • The Secret (Animorphs, #9)
  • The Android (Animorphs, #10)
The One and Only Ivan The Invasion (Animorphs, #1) Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic (Summer, #1-3) The Visitor (Animorphs, #2) The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)