A Hunger So Wild (Renegade Angels, #2)

A Hunger So Wild (Renegade Angels #2)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,184 ratings  ·  244 reviews
The New York Times bestselling author of Bared to You, Sylvia Day, draws us into the shadows of a seductive underworld where lycans, vampires and angels vie for supremacy…

Elijah Reynolds is the most dominant of lycans, a rare Alpha whose skill on the hunt is surpassed only by his primal sexuality. When the lycans revolt due to the iron fist of angelic rule, he steps into...more
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 343 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by Signet

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDark Lover by J.R. WardDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningMoon Called by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Best ADULT Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance
493rd out of 1,884 books — 3,596 voters
Bared to You by Sylvia DayEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenBeautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
Big W's naughty bookshelf
40th out of 77 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Melindeeloo
In A Hunger So Wild "the enemy of my enemy" is not exactly a friend but an ally born of mutual necessity. The Fallen (vampires) need daylight hunters to help them search for the cause of a virulent disease that is decimating their ranks and the Lycans have the time but need what the Fallen have to offer in order to keep their newly forming packs free from their Sentinel (angelic) former bosses. So the Fallen and the Lycans team up and vampire Vashti becomes liaison to the Lycans, despite the fac...more
Cynthia D'Alba
Elijah is the hottest werewolf ever! HOT HOT HOT While I like Vash, I'm not sure she's good enough for him!

This book is a follow-up to A Touch of Crimson. While it will stand alone, I would recommend readers read Crimson before this book. I think the pieces to the puzzle will go together better.

Sylvia Day is the hottest writers going right now. This book will show you why. She has a poetry to her word phrasing that will pull you into the story and make you feel like you're there. While her sex...more
Mel
A Hunger So Wild was made of awesome, rolled in awesome, and then dipped in awesome sauce!! Elijah and Vashti were a very unlikely couple but they fit together so well and the chemistry between them was OFF. THE. FRAKKIN. CHARTS. I loved every minute I spent with them and can't wait to see how the trilogy ends. Full review can be found here: http://www.smashattackreads.com/2012/...
Letitia
Rating: B+ ... Heat: Hot

A Hunger So Wild is the second book (there are two novellas preceding it as well) in the Renegade Angels series. This is my first foray into this dark world Miz Day has created. I have concluded that while this story will make sense as a standalone, you are simply missing too much overall to truly enjoy and appreciate the book on its own. Keep that in my when considering my opinion, since I am reviewing it as a standalone.

Vashti, the right hand of the leader of the Fallen...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
For about five seconds, I considered reading this book without reading A Touch of Crimson. I'm so glad I didn't. While I probably would have eventually figured out what was going on, I can't imagine that I would have found it nearly as good if I were not so familiar with the world-building or invested in the characters. So before I get too far into this, let me recommend that if you haven't read the first book in this series, you should do so before you start this one.

This is Elijah's story. He...more
Sandy M
I could read Sylvia Day every day the rest of my life and be quite happy and content. I’ve not read a book of hers yet that has disappointed me, but if by chance that ever does happen, I know it will still be a damn good book despite any issues I may have. She’s just that good. And she takes this reader through every emotion imaginable when cruising through her stories.

I enjoyed meeting Elijah in the first book in this series and was glad his book would be next. He’s a trusted friend of Lindsay,...more
Britt
I started this trilogy two days ago and plowed through the first book a touch of crimson. I love the first book but I had two problems with this the plot is a bit lost as it is still trying to establish the world and the character development means that we miss out on or rush through important events such as the kycan revolt. Where the hell did that come from? I also thought that for what is considered by many as erotica there were some hot scenes but not as many as expected.

Everything that is...more
Lisa Annesley
In the world of the Renegade Angels, Sentinel angels are warriors created to watch over fallen angels who lost their souls and wings and became vampires. The Sentinels are served by lycans, fallen angels who kept their souls in exchange for mortality and indentured servitude to the Sentinels. Lycans were created by the Sentinels for hunting and containing vampires. Vampires and lycans are natural enemies.

A Hunger So Wild picks up where book one, A Touch of Crimson, left off, which was immediatel...more
Adriana Bookologist
A Hunger So Wild by Sylvia Day

This story has been described well in the other reviews so I’m just going to give my opinion on it. Loved it! I loved Elijah and Vashti together; they were two very strong characters that rocked these pages.

Let me start by suggesting that this series be read in order, not that I did mind you, but it’s best if you do. I was lost for the first few chapters trying to absorb all the players and who can do what. The glossary in the beginning was good, but series books a...more
Ilene
Elijah a delicious alpha lycan agrees to work with Vashti a vampire. They are trying to find out who is spreading this deadly vampire sickness.

Naturally they fall for one another. They are pretty hot together. Other than that the story isn't really too exciting. We learn some more about Adrian and Lindsay but that's really it. Cash is not the vampire that killed Lindsay's mom, it is someone that looked a lot like her.

Nothing gets solved, more people get involved. I guess Vash and Eli are involve...more
Joan
I love this series. It gets better and better. Each book, while unique to each hero and heroine, keeps the continuity of the previous stories in the forefront.

The underlying story is filled with suspense with twists and turns, which makes this an all around win for me. My only regret is that I have to wait for the next book to come out in February 2013.

I hope Sylvia Day throws us another short in between. That would make the wait more bearable.

Just a heads up, make sure you read the shorts as...more
Darcy
I thought this book went much better than the first book. The world is firmly established so there wasn't he slow start that bogged me down with A Touch of Crimson. Instead we had a group of characters that pulled me in from the start.

I really liked the friendship between Elijah and Lindsay in the first book. I wasn't sure how things would be when the Lycans revolted, I didn't want that friendship to be a casualty. I felt for Elijah, he didn't want to be Alpha, didn't want to be in charge of th...more
Michelle
A Hunger So Wild is book 2 in the Renegade Angel series and this installment was even better than the first!

Elijah, the reluctant Alpha who was charged with protecting Lindsey in A Touch of Crimson, finds himself leading the Lycans after they revolt from being ruled by the Angels. He is tormented when he faces the killer of his friend, does he avange his death or accept the alliance Vashti is offering? Can Vashti work with the Lycan's when she is still consumed with the need to hunt down the Ly...more
Mishma Nixon
After reading the first book,I swore to myself that I'll never take up an adult book again.It was too much to me.But still as soon as I saw the sequel and the blurb,I couldn't keep myself from reading it as soon as possible.The reason is one single person-Elijah.

Though the first book had a lot of characters and he was only a secondary characters,Elijah quickly became my favourite.I’ve always had a soft spot for quiet and sincere guys in books.Addition to that Elijah was also a hot lycan with awe...more
Cindyg
Oh Snap, what an awesome f-----g read. It's definitely off the chain. And I just added it to my favorites. I was pulled in from page one and hung on every word til the very end. There are twists and turns that keep you guessing and it works wonderfully.
The story is fast paced, and addicting. The characters are so fierce, dangerous and sexy. I absolutely could not put this book down. And believe me I tried.
Vash and El, they are a perfect match, and one of my favorite couples ever. Vash thought s...more
Felicia
Listened for Review (Brilliance)
Overall Rating: 4.25
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.50

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought When Finished: Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Holy abrupt ending and cliffhanger. Plus there are only going to be 3 in the series. I am CRUSHED!

Straight from Sylvia's Webpage: A Taste of Seduction-The final installment of the Renegade Angels trilogy.

Story Talk:
Paul straightened, raking Elijah with a sweeping glance. “I’ve never seen a
Shan
I really enjoyed this book. I have been waiting for Elijah and Vash's story since A Touch of Crimson and it was really hot. I can't wait to see what happens in this series.

I knew these two were meant to be the moment that the were on the same page together in A Touch of Crimson and I have been waiting as patiently as possible to see how their romance was going to unfurl. I am glad to say that I was not disappointed. Sylvia Day is one of the most talented writers in the game right now as atteste...more
Blackraven's Reviews
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING are the two words that come to mind after reading Sylvia Day’s new release, A Hunger So Wild, the second book in her tantilizing Renegade Angels series. Just when I thought this series couldn’t get any better, Ms. Day pulls out all of the stops that include but are not limited to fast-paced, action-packed adventure, scorching hot sex, especially between Elijah and Vashti, cloak and dagger scemarios that encompasses all of the conflict, and a multi-facet plot that is well-writt...more
Liz Cabrejos
Totally dipped in awesome sauce! I didn't think I could enjoy book 2 as much as I enjoyed book one, but was I wrong! I already loved Elijah,and the thought of him and Vashti was not to my liking at all.....well that was before I started reading. I loved the storyline, loved the way it was written, loved the characters(even the bad ones....who maybe aren't so bad anymore) loved the sexual chemistry and loved that we still got some Adrian and Lindsay as well. Wonderfully entertaining, you just can...more
Roksana
I liked this book better than the first, but I think it's because of El, I really liked him in the first book and am glad that he had his story.

The book was HOT! At first I hated Vash but now I kinda like her!

I hate that this series kinda finishes.....till the next book which is like another chapter of the same book. Only difference is the waiting period.

I like Syre and can see who is going be his weakness and I can't wait...not only because this will tie all loose ends together but because I...more
Whisper19
I love books like this - books that are just what they say they are. I was expecting a book about a guy that shifts into a wolf who's in love with a vampire, the two kinds being enemies, and living in a world with angels and demons and humans, and with the two main characters having wild, hot, animalistic, clothes-ripping, fluids-exchanging sex - and that is what I got.
Thank you Sylvia! I <3 you

also - I hate you, Sylvia, because you don't write faster!
Daniela
I was given this audiobook as a gift. It is my first audiobook, and it was a somewhat pleasant experience for the fact that I can actually multitask.

I liked the story, although I think I am so over the stereotypes, vamps, Lycans, wraiths. I can only enjoy paranormal romance these days if it is JR Ward or Kresley Cole delivering.
This story is basically about two people from different backgrounds falling in love.
I have read Sylvia Day's other books, and I am still not impressed.
Elijah and Vasht...more
Sabrina Sam
4.5 AHHH-MAZZING STARS!!

A Hunger So Wild is the second sequel to Sylvia Day's Renegade Angels series but actually the first one I read. Judge me all you want for reading this series out of order, I have no regrets. The plot drew me in and the next thing I knew, I was hooked. As in "could not put it down" hooked. What I really enjoyed and appreciated about AHSW was the pacing of everything--the story never felt too slow or rushed. Elijah and Vashti's love was never instant or lagging. Despite how...more
Emma Verhoeven
Really enjoyed this story of the vampire and the Lycan. Was a bit complicated to follow at times but it had the heat and the romance that Sylvia does so well. Ending was a bit up in the air so must read next one.
Cyp
What happened to Renegade Angels? Elijah's a goddamn wolf, and his mate is a freaking crazy vamp.. Not that I'm against them, it's just that I'm more interested in Lindsay and Adrian. :(
Christy
I loved this book. Only bad part is that I have to wait for the next one...
Jasmine Jones
Great series. A must read!! A++++
Heather Holden
Good God, I want my own alpha lycan.
Clarissa Asha
I consider myself a veteran in the UF/PR genre, because I've been reading in this genre for years and most of the bestsellers between 2005 to the present. The newness and originality are definitely fading lately as I become saturated with recycled plot, characters, and settings. I rarely find one that captures my attention from cover to cover anymore. Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, and Jeaniene Frost are few of the authors that I am still following.

I love Sylvia Day's Crossfire series, though, and...more
Becky
Elijah is one of the rare Alpha's still leading his pack through the revolt against the Sentinels angels. When a new virus begins sweeping through the vampires, Vashti is forced to seek an alliance with Elijah. The vampires and lycans are natural enemies and it's only made infinitely worse by the fact that the lycans are the ones that killed Vashti's mate. Elijah has his own beef with Vashti as well, since she killed his best friend in an attempt at seeking vengeance for her mate's death. When...more
  • Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire, #4)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Warrior (The Fallen, #3)
  • Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)
  • Death's Angel (Lost Angels, #3)
  • Her Warrior Angel (Her Angel, #3)
  • When Darkness Hungers (The Shadow Keepers, #5)
  • Embrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned, #1)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Wicked Reads
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 21 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate, and she has been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award...more
More about Sylvia Day...
Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Afterburn (Afterburn & Aftershock, #1) A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels, #0.5)

“Oh, I’ll fight you,” she promised, her eyes clear of shadows. “That’s the way I roll.” 15 likes
“There was nothing so attractive as a powerful, handsome, and self-assured man.” 15 likes