Start by marking “Trapstar” as Want to Read:
Trapstar

Trapstar (Trapstar #1)

Brianna Cambell had a tough road to travel growing up in a household where she was unwanted. A constant reminder of her mother’s indiscretions, Brianna is unwilling to continue to be the target of her step father’s anger. She leaves her suburban life style for the streets of Charlotte NC. In true Charlotte faith Brianna is linked up with Treshawn Nash, a local hustler. Tre ...more
Published (first published August 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trapstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapstar

Tonia
May 23, 2014 Tonia rated it really liked it
Trapstar

Brianna had a rough time growing up. Her stepfather treated her bad & made the other siblings do the same. She never felt like she had her mother's love. I was glad her sister Charisse gave her the love she deserved. Tre was her true love it was a shame how someone he loved so much took his life & turned her world around. Hakeem got what he Deserved at the end
Robin Perryman
Jun 28, 2014 Robin Perryman rated it liked it
Okay

it was okay. Not the best I've read by this author but I see the potential. it seems that the story is still forming. I think it could have went on a little longer before ending like it did. Guess I gotta get part 2
and see what happens next. Brianna has to get with the program and step up her game if she's gonna be in the game. I hope it gets better.

Nona Noldon-Snider
Jul 21, 2015 Nona Noldon-Snider rated it it was amazing
This book is good.

Love this book but I got sad that Hakeem had something t ok do with Tre being killed and that Tre got killed. It's good to know that he got what he deserved and that Brianna got to go on living with the blessings Tre had left her such as the money and his skills of being a gangster witch was good for Brianna since she is a trapstar.
bridgette acevedo
Sep 07, 2015 bridgette acevedo rated it it was amazing
Ok

They say you can't trust anybody and in this case that is true even your best friend will kill you to get what you have,but payback is a hitch,have to read part 2 to find out how it all plays out
Mamajay
Apr 08, 2015 Mamajay rated it really liked it
Very good

With I enjoyed this book but it seems like something was missing not sure what. I did enjoy how she got Hakeem back being greedy and getting good sex will get you caught up.
SHANUNTRA JOHNSON
Dec 31, 2015 SHANUNTRA JOHNSON rated it it was amazing

I enjoyed this book it was the bomb.com!! I can't wait to see how Brianna comes out of her next situation!! This girl is a true soldier!!
Rochelle Brockenborough
Oct 03, 2015 Rochelle Brockenborough rated it it was amazing
It was good

Man oh man this storyline was good. Great writer had you @ every turn. Can not wait to start part 2.
Porche Patton
Jul 07, 2015 Porche Patton rated it liked it
OMG!!!!

I loved the story , hate the title. Doesn't fit the story. But wow, I can't wait to read 2. Good job author's.
CHELSEA BROWN
Aug 06, 2014 CHELSEA BROWN rated it liked it
Quick Read

Easy and quick read. Wish book would have been more detailed in conclusion. Ended rather abruptly. Also, misspellings throughout story.
Tina
Jun 26, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it
BRAVO BRAVO

THIS BOOK WAS A GREAT GREAT READ LOVED THE WAY THE ENDPLOT WAS SET UP HOW BLAKE PUT THE ENEMY WITH HER AND SHE STARTING PYTHON TWO @TWO TOGETHER AND FOUND OUT WHO KILL TRE AND FROM THEN ON SHE BECAME GANGSTER AND BOUT TO READ PART TWO HOPE IT BOMB LIKE PART 1
Mississippi_Magnolia
Jul 19, 2014 Mississippi_Magnolia rated it really liked it
Nice quick read!
Taz Will
Jul 15, 2014 Taz Will rated it liked it
I wanted to stop reading after Tre but I know it was just getting good. Bri's father was a piece of work from the jump, the way her mother dumped that in her lap was a mess. For her to even stay in that situation made me want Bri to pull thru. Hakeem is a snake and Bri is falling for him with her eyes wide open. I can't see anything good out of her messing around with him. I really like Kacy though so I have to see what happens with them now.
Tiffany
Mar 07, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading from this author but it was a good read. The book follows Brianna as she had a hard life growing up and as she gets older shows what she must do to survive. This was a short story, but it was good took me a day and a half to read. Part 1 ended good you never know what goes around comes around because Karma is something else... cant wait to see what part 2 is going to bring to us!
Juanita
Jan 21, 2014 Juanita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
page turner, easy, good, and exciting read. on to part 2
Rell
Jul 01, 2012 Rell rated it really liked it
I'm a bit on the fence about this book. It wasn't bad but it was not the best. If I could give it 3.5 I would but since I can't I think that it's only fair that I give it a 4. This is not really my type of book, but it intrigued me enough to want to read the second book. Curious to see what's going to happen with the way the book suddenly ended.
Stacie
Apr 24, 2012 Stacie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The author gave you enough information about the main characters to get you interested in them, which blended with the story line. You wanted to cheer them on. If there is a part #2, I would read it.
Lovinit
Oct 22, 2011 Lovinit rated it it was amazing
I am waiting to see what happens next. The author did a good job with the ending of teh story. The taste that they give you for Trapstart has me waiting IMPATIENTLY to find out what happens next. I cannot wait.
Kellee
Feb 12, 2013 Kellee rated it it was amazing
This book was a definite page turner. Not one boring moment in it. I just finished and bought the sequel immediately! Non-stop drama and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. You won't be disappointed!
Lisa
Aug 02, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
A definite page turner! A very good read! I could not put it down! Can't wait for book 2! I recommend you read this book. I will definitely read more books by the author!
Dana
Mar 06, 2013 Dana rated it did not like it
Did not care for the language of the book at all. It made it very hard to read since there were many offensive words.
Homegirl
Oct 27, 2012 Homegirl rated it it was ok
The last 30 pages were the only interesting part of the book. Editing is too bad for me to want to read the sequel.
Leondra
This book had me excited by the end...can't wait for part two.
Alicia
Jan 21, 2012 Alicia rated it really liked it
Nice quick read that keeps your attention...
Charmain
Dec 31, 2011 Charmain rated it it was amazing
Im currently aiting to read part two!
Sharenda
Aug 09, 2012 Sharenda rated it really liked it
good book. I cant wait for #2.
Slim
Nov 02, 2011 Slim rated it really liked it
Quick fast good read
Dama Cargle
May 10, 2012 Dama Cargle rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!
Aspiring Tendai
Dec 16, 2012 Aspiring Tendai rated it it was amazing
This book brings that fire!
Alicia
May 09, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Waiting on part 2.
Goodread
Jul 31, 2013 Goodread rated it really liked it
Pretty good read
  • Kyla's Revenge (Bankroll Squad, #2)
  • Trifling
  • A Hustler's Promise
  • TYCE 3
  • Swag
  • Another Tear (The Kennards, #2)
  • Duffle Bag Bitches
  • Rozalyn 2: Vengeance of the Heart
  • Begonia Brown: A Philadelphia Story
  • Tears of a Hustler PT 2
  • Deja (Deja #3)
  • Now You Wanna Come Back
  • I'd Rather Be Single
  • Side Chic 2 (A Ratchet Mess)
Blake Karrington is more than an author. He’s a storyteller who places his readers in action-filled moments. It’s in these creative spaces that readers are allowed to get to know his complex characters as if they’re really alive.

Most of Blake’s titles are in the South in urban settings that are often overlooked by the mainstream. But through Blake’s eyes, readers quickly learn that places like Cha
More about Blake Karrington...

Trapstar (3 books)