Start by marking “True Confessions” as Want to Read:
True Confessions

True Confessions (Gospel, Idaho #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  6,452 ratings  ·  168 reviews
Most folks in Gospel ain't seen nothing like Hope Spencer before. All L.A. attitude and spray-on-jeans, the arrival of tabloid reporter Hope sets tongues wagging - what's a big-city girl like her doing in a small-town like this?

Investigating, that's what.

Hope needs a major scoop to save her career and not even the rugged good looks of Sheriff Dylan Taber are going to distr
Paperback
Published March 6th 2008 by Little Black Dress (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about True Confessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Confessions

Auntee
Dec 12, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who knows how to read!:) And likes funny, sexy, contemporary romances
Well it's official now. After reading a string (7? 8?) of Rachel Gibson books (in a row) I've got to face it--this woman has me hooked! She's done it to me again. I laughed (out loud), I cried (sniff), and I could...not...put this book down! Oh my, studly cowboy Sheriff Dylan Taber! (swoon) What a man! What a father (there's just something about a hero who's an awesome dad...)! What a lover! What a stupid fool (okay, he ticked me off there near the end of the book).
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Susanne
What I liked:

1. The small town setting in the Idaho mountains. I so enjoyed the hike and sleeping under the stars.

2. Dylan. Oh so sexy sheriff with a lot of charm and charisma. I wouldn't say no to that :-)

3. Hope. Honest and courageous and she really did grow a lot, and I liked that she didn't crumble when things got though.

4. Adam. Dylan's seven year old son. He was adorable and really added to the story. And the way Dylan was with him.

5. Shelley and the other small town cast.

6. Dylan and Ho
Tracy
Glass Houses and Stones
California girl Hope Spencer blows into the small northwest town of Gospel, Idaho for a six month stay, hoping to break through her writer's block and to clear out of L.A. until the dust settles from a legal battle that ended in her getting a restraining order against a stalker. Sheriff Dylan Taber takes one look at the flashy car and flashier woman and bets his deputy that the delectable Ms. Spencer won't last a week.

Gossip is about as far removed from California as it ca
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Rachel Gibson's Gospel, Idaho series. A tabloid writer and a small town sheriff make a delightful romantic adventure. Hope comes to Gospel, Idaho for vacation and to lay low after issuing a restraining order on outraged dwarf. Dylan is the small town sheriff who sits up and takes notice of the flatlander who invades his community. Hope is having a bit of writer's block and the people of Gospel have given her plenty of inspiration to pull her out of it. This had many of the elem ...more
VaultOfBooks
y Rachel Gibson. Grade: B+
A quirky, funny read.
Welcome to Gospel, Idaho where everyone knows that there are two universal truths. First, God did His best work when He created the Sawtooth Wilderness Area.
Second, every sin known to heaven and earth — from the hole in the ozone to alien abductions — is all California’s fault. This is the story of what happened when a Californian came to visit…
L.A. based tabloid reporter Hope Spencer has come to Gospel hoping for inspiration. Well, she gets inspira
JoAnn Ross
I'd never read anything by Gibson, but picked this book up on a whim because I loved these lines: "Welcome to Gospel, Idaho, where everyone knows that there are two universal truths. First, God did His best work when He created the Sawtooth Wilderness Area. Second, every sin known to heaven and earth—from the hole in the ozone to alien abductions—is all California's fault." That bit about California made me lol and read it to my husband, because it's a truth we both were taught growing up in Ore ...more
Keri
Dylan Tabor was the bomb! He could use his handcuffs on me every night! This was another fun, zany read. While it did have the laugh out load factor that See Jane Score did, it was still a heck of a great read.
KA
Another great story! I've yet to read a Rachel Gibson book that I haven't loved.
Wendy
From the crazy small town people that live in Gospel Idaho to the sexy Cowboy Sheriff there is a lot to enjoy in this book by RG.She always builds characters that you can relate to and see yourself being friends with. I love the romance that she writes into her books and can't wait to get my hands on the next one.

Dillan Taber is the Sheriff of a small town in Idaho. When a stranger comes to town in her Porsche with license plates that say MSBHAVEN, he knows that she isn't going to fit in. The C
Barb
This is a story of what happened when a Californian came to visit Gospel, Idaho.
Hope Spencer is a writer for The Weekly News of the Universe she's "spotted" Bigfoot, Elvis, and the face of Jesus on a tortilla. Arriving in Gospel hoping for some peace and quiet and normal . . . she quickly figures out that there's nothing normal going on in Gospel. From the Barnes sisters with their color-coordinated hair, to the toilet-tossing sportsmen, to the suicide victim whose body had been found in her hou
Jenn Scranton
True Confessions is a really light read, one that is meant for a lazy weekend, or when you just have a lot going on in your real world and you want to unwind in someone else's troubles... Rachel Gibson writes her female characters strong and witty, and their male counterparts truly male and protective.

Hope is sent to Gospel, Idao; (aka the middle of no-where), so she can write her crazy big foot stories for L.A. tabloid. She expected to stay for 6 months and reorganize the chaos that is her life
Amelia Fransiska
Novel ke empat Rachel yg gw baca...
Bagusss bo ^-^
4.5/5

Hanya ada satu tujuan Hope Spencer datang ke kota kecil Gospel, Idaho yaitu liburan!
Tapi tidak bs di blg liburan jg sih soalnya dia mesti tetap fokus pd pekerjaannya sbg reporter tabloid..
Bagi penduduk Gospel, tabloid itu sumber gosip..
Sedangkan Hope tidak pernah menulis ttg gosip2 selebritis, dia menulis ttg penculikan alien dan bigfoot [lol]
Hope sadar betul seharusnya dia tidak boleh membohongi Sherrif Dylan Taber ttg pekerjaannya.
Toh dia d
Kimberly
I really enjoyed this book. I love a book that make me laugh & smile. Seems like everyone has secrets in Gospel. Sheriff Dylan is no different. And while I figured out his secret pretty quickly (the next chapter told me I was right) it was still enjoyable. Hope is a reporter but doesn't want anyone to know because the stories she makes up are about aliens & big foot not the latest celebrity. Hope seems like the typical Californian but really she just wants to belong. The relationship bet ...more
Hafize
bu kitapta bi tuhaflık vardı!
sanki öylesine yazılmış ya da rachel yazmamış gibiydi...
çeviride kötü desem değildi ama bir eksiklik vardı...
ana konu iyiydi lakin yazar çok üstün körü öylesine anlatmıştı...
3 puanı ancak aldı!
Mareli
A very nice story. It had all the elements I love in romance, a little town, very gossiping neighboroughs with strange hair, a very good-looking (and sexy) male sheriff...

I have to admit, I had some doubts about her. She wrote for a bullshit tabloid, the one with interviews to abducted people talking about anal probes... and so I didn't like her very much at the beginning.

But in the end I loved her because of her strenght. A great character. The only thing I didn't like at all, was (view spoile
Lori
Total trash, but please note that I tore through it in three days. A great beach book.
Lea Bourg'
3,5 stars
Tabloid reporter, Hope comes to Gospel, a small town in Idaho, trying to find the inspiration and put some order in her life. Except between the more or less well-kept secrets, the strange customs of the inhabitants of Gospel and the "moves" of the sexy sheriff, Hope still has surprises in store ...
Well, at first I took this romance thinking that it may resemble the books by Jennifer Crusie (original and addictive), but that romance was quite classic and not extraordinary. Call it an ea
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Aug 26, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone - makes us feel good!
Recommended to Michelle by: All the other books by this author I've ever read.
4 Stars

My very last "new" read by this author and it was lovely. I've said about everything there is to say about my love of this author and her stories in reviews for her other books. Nothing new here, but it was very good. She is a favorite and any one of her books is a "read again, and again" for me. True comfort reads I'll never tire of.

Happy Reading!
Gizem
hokey serisi nerde ya dedirtecek bir kitap daha. Beğendim mi beğendim ama daha iyi olabilirdi. Başta önyargılarla başladı sonda ön yargılarla bitti. Sırlar açıklandı suçlamalar yapıldı kimse birbirine inanmadı ama hemen affedildi vs. klasik şeyler yani. Daha iyisini okuduğum ve adama hala uyuz olduğum için 4 yıldız.
Lesia Flynn
This, in my opinion, is the BEST romance book ever written!!! I literally fell out of bed laughing at it's insanity! Someday I'll repeat this humorous laugh out loud read and fall out of bed with the characters all over again! And yes, I own my own copy...I just wish it was a hardback edition.
Anna *stagiemonkey*
2.5

All in all, a good book, but the reason I gave a low rating is because of the homophobic remarks used by some of the characters.

True confession was written well, and I might read more of the authors works, but one thing about the book pissed me off and that was the homophobic remarks. As much as the fact I liked the story, the plot, and the characters and might of gave four stars, I didn't want to. I won't because of those words.

The story, or more say the plot, was brilliant, had me happy,
Bunga
Buku ini prekuel dari The trouble with a valentine day dan bisa dibilang nyebrang dari satu series lainnya. Plotnya unik. Tentang seorang Jurnalis yang diungsikan editornya ke sebuah kota kecil gara-gara kena writer's block, dan kota kecil ini penduduknya agak nyeleneh. Suka taruhan hal konyol, benci sama orang Texas, punya lomba lempar toilet, dst. Dan kalau itu belum dianggap aneh, ada satu lagi nih... ternyata rumah yang ditempati Hope, si jurnalis, ternyata pernah jadi TKP bunuh diri. Whoaaa ...more
Nonieღserenity2bliss
3 1/2 stars. The story is good fun but not as entertaining as the other RG books. But the hero is hot and delicious. Usually Sheriff does nothing for me, but Dylan is just too irresistible.
Silvia
5 STARRR

well well this book has been the best ive read so far...it was very great, romantic, hot as hell and full of chemistry...it was sexy also...

hope was amazing and very funny and sexy woman, she tried to take vacation at idaho and tried to free her writer block but she met one gorgeous sherriff dylan, they hit it off like a recket but their relationship not as fast as their chemistry...they're both had bagage and they took time to think for their need...but somehow, they couldnt resist each
Kris
When California tabloid reporter hope Spencer roars into the mountain town of Gospel, Idaho, in her silver Porsche, turquoise Tony Lamas and ultra-tight, "seal-a-meal" jeans, Sheriff Dylan Taber knows that her presence will create quite a stir among the locals. The sassy blonde has awakened some familiar urges in Dylan himself, but as a single father and lawman trying to live down his wild past, he knows that he can't put his reputation on the line for a fling with a flatlander. Hope has plans o ...more
Tam B.
I enjoyed this book.

The book is centred on the small town of Gospel and the occupants are painted with some very broad strokes. The action centres about the sexy, single dad sheriff and the new in town, city girl writer (Dylan and Hope). This is a fairly standard contemporary in that the issues between the two leads can be resolved by them. There was a twist in the form of the identity of Dylan's son Adam's mother and how that impacted but all in all you're not going to be surprised. However, i
Iris Blobel
Another Rachel Gibson book. I didn’t think she’d turn into one of my favourite authors (the graphic love scenes can be a tad much sometimes for old fashioned me), but after reading “Daisy’s back in town” I grabbed a few of her other books .... one of them “True Confessions”.

It’s more or less the same recipe – woman (Hope Spencer) is moving forward fromher past meets man (Dylan Taber) who is equally having to deal with some “issues”.

Hope moves to Gospel, Idaho, for six months to kick start her t
Samantha
Hope Spenser works for a tabloid writing fictional stories like “300 lb cat eats owner!” She’s come to Gospel, because she’s being stalked by some loony and has lost her muse. Luckily, there’s enough weird stuff that goes on in Gospel to send her muse into overdrive. When I first started the book I didn’t like Hope’s character. She came off as bitchy, but that didn’t take long to change. She turned out to be a fun character, just one that guards herself.

Dylan Taber is the sheriff and has all the
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • Baby, Don't Go
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas #2)
  • Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2)
  • Talk of the Town (Glory NC, #1)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Murphy's Law (Law, #2)
  • Not Another New Year's (Holidays, #2)
  • Heiress for Hire (Cuttersville, #2)
  • Lucky Streak (Lucky Trilogy, #2)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a house wife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
More about Rachel Gibson...

Gospel, Idaho (2 books)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5) Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6) True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)

“I feel like I should probably ask you to leave. But I don’t really want you to go. I want you to stay, but I know you shouldn’t.
- Hope”
54 likes
“Sometimes you have to wander around until you find where you really belong. And sometimes it's right where you started.” 30 likes