Start by marking “True Confessions” as Want to Read:
True Confessions

True Confessions (Gospel, Idaho #1)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  7,224 Ratings  ·  192 Reviews
Most folks in Gospel ain't seen nothing like Hope Spencer before. All L.A. attitude and spray-on-jeans, the arrival of tabloid reporter Hope sets tongues wagging - what's a big-city girl like her doing in a small-town like this?

Investigating, that's what.

Hope needs a major scoop to save her career and not even the rugged good looks of Sheriff Dylan Taber are going to distr
Paperback
Published March 6th 2008 by Little Black Dress (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about True Confessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Confessions

Auntee
Dec 12, 2011 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who knows how to read!:) And likes funny, sexy, contemporary romances
Well it's official now. After reading a string (7? 8?) of Rachel Gibson books (in a row) I've got to face it--this woman has me hooked! She's done it to me again. I laughed (out loud), I cried (sniff), and I could...not...put this book down! Oh my, studly cowboy Sheriff Dylan Taber! (swoon) What a man! What a father (there's just something about a hero who's an awesome dad...)! What a lover! What a stupid fool (okay, he ticked me off there near the end of the book).
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Susanne
Nov 14, 2015 Susanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-chicklit
What I liked:

1. The small town setting in the Idaho mountains. I so enjoyed the hike and sleeping under the stars.

2. Dylan. Oh so sexy sheriff with a lot of charm and charisma. I wouldn't say no to that :-)

3. Hope. Honest and courageous and she really did grow a lot, and I liked that she didn't crumble when things got though.

4. Adam. Dylan's seven year old son. He was adorable and really added to the story. And the way Dylan was with him.

5. Shelley and the other small town cast.

6. Dylan and Ho
Tracy
Glass Houses and Stones
California girl Hope Spencer blows into the small northwest town of Gospel, Idaho for a six month stay, hoping to break through her writer's block and to clear out of L.A. until the dust settles from a legal battle that ended in her getting a restraining order against a stalker. Sheriff Dylan Taber takes one look at the flashy car and flashier woman and bets his deputy that the delectable Ms. Spencer won't last a week.

Gossip is about as far removed from California as it ca
Yolanda
Dec 08, 2015 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
lo que yo me he podido reír con Gospel y sus gentes, con Hope, Dylan y con los dos críos.
JoAnn Ross
Jun 09, 2013 JoAnn Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd never read anything by Gibson, but picked this book up on a whim because I loved these lines: "Welcome to Gospel, Idaho, where everyone knows that there are two universal truths. First, God did His best work when He created the Sawtooth Wilderness Area. Second, every sin known to heaven and earth—from the hole in the ozone to alien abductions—is all California's fault." That bit about California made me lol and read it to my husband, because it's a truth we both were taught growing up in Ore ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Rachel Gibson's Gospel, Idaho series. A tabloid writer and a small town sheriff make a delightful romantic adventure. Hope comes to Gospel, Idaho for vacation and to lay low after issuing a restraining order on outraged dwarf. Dylan is the small town sheriff who sits up and takes notice of the flatlander who invades his community. Hope is having a bit of writer's block and the people of Gospel have given her plenty of inspiration to pull her out of it. This had many of the elem ...more
Zairobe25
3,5 me gustó bastante, como todos los libros q he leído de esta autora, una queja que tengo es la falta de epílogo, pero el libro fue lindo, una lectura dulce, tranquila y entrañable.
VaultOfBooks
y Rachel Gibson. Grade: B+
A quirky, funny read.
Welcome to Gospel, Idaho where everyone knows that there are two universal truths. First, God did His best work when He created the Sawtooth Wilderness Area.
Second, every sin known to heaven and earth — from the hole in the ozone to alien abductions — is all California’s fault. This is the story of what happened when a Californian came to visit…
L.A. based tabloid reporter Hope Spencer has come to Gospel hoping for inspiration. Well, she gets inspira
Keri
Dylan Tabor was the bomb! He could use his handcuffs on me every night! This was another fun, zany read. While it did have the laugh out load factor that See Jane Score did, it was still a heck of a great read.
KA
Another great story! I've yet to read a Rachel Gibson book that I haven't loved.
Amelia Fransiska
Novel ke empat Rachel yg gw baca...
Bagusss bo ^-^
4.5/5

Hanya ada satu tujuan Hope Spencer datang ke kota kecil Gospel, Idaho yaitu liburan!
Tapi tidak bs di blg liburan jg sih soalnya dia mesti tetap fokus pd pekerjaannya sbg reporter tabloid..
Bagi penduduk Gospel, tabloid itu sumber gosip..
Sedangkan Hope tidak pernah menulis ttg gosip2 selebritis, dia menulis ttg penculikan alien dan bigfoot [lol]
Hope sadar betul seharusnya dia tidak boleh membohongi Sherrif Dylan Taber ttg pekerjaannya.
Toh dia d
Wendy
From the crazy small town people that live in Gospel Idaho to the sexy Cowboy Sheriff there is a lot to enjoy in this book by RG.She always builds characters that you can relate to and see yourself being friends with. I love the romance that she writes into her books and can't wait to get my hands on the next one.

Dillan Taber is the Sheriff of a small town in Idaho. When a stranger comes to town in her Porsche with license plates that say MSBHAVEN, he knows that she isn't going to fit in. The C
Barb
Mar 18, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a story of what happened when a Californian came to visit Gospel, Idaho.
Hope Spencer is a writer for The Weekly News of the Universe she's "spotted" Bigfoot, Elvis, and the face of Jesus on a tortilla. Arriving in Gospel hoping for some peace and quiet and normal . . . she quickly figures out that there's nothing normal going on in Gospel. From the Barnes sisters with their color-coordinated hair, to the toilet-tossing sportsmen, to the suicide victim whose body had been found in her hou
Kimberly
Sep 04, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I love a book that make me laugh & smile. Seems like everyone has secrets in Gospel. Sheriff Dylan is no different. And while I figured out his secret pretty quickly (the next chapter told me I was right) it was still enjoyable. Hope is a reporter but doesn't want anyone to know because the stories she makes up are about aliens & big foot not the latest celebrity. Hope seems like the typical Californian but really she just wants to belong. The relationship bet ...more
Mareli
Jun 13, 2012 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very nice story. It had all the elements I love in romance, a little town, very gossiping neighboroughs with strange hair, a very good-looking (and sexy) male sheriff...

I have to admit, I had some doubts about her. She wrote for a bullshit tabloid, the one with interviews to abducted people talking about anal probes... and so I didn't like her very much at the beginning.

But in the end I loved her because of her strenght. A great character. The only thing I didn't like at all, was (view spoile
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Aug 26, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone - makes us feel good!
Recommended to Michelle by: All the other books by this author I've ever read.
4 Stars

My very last "new" read by this author and it was lovely. I've said about everything there is to say about my love of this author and her stories in reviews for her other books. Nothing new here, but it was very good. She is a favorite and any one of her books is a "read again, and again" for me. True comfort reads I'll never tire of.

Happy Reading!
Gizem
Jul 12, 2014 Gizem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hokey serisi nerde ya dedirtecek bir kitap daha. Beğendim mi beğendim ama daha iyi olabilirdi. Başta önyargılarla başladı sonda ön yargılarla bitti. Sırlar açıklandı suçlamalar yapıldı kimse birbirine inanmadı ama hemen affedildi vs. klasik şeyler yani. Daha iyisini okuduğum ve adama hala uyuz olduğum için 4 yıldız.
Hafize
Oct 20, 2014 Hafize rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
bu kitapta bi tuhaflık vardı!
sanki öylesine yazılmış ya da rachel yazmamış gibiydi...
çeviride kötü desem değildi ama bir eksiklik vardı...
ana konu iyiydi lakin yazar çok üstün körü öylesine anlatmıştı...
3 puanı ancak aldı!
Lesia Flynn
Jan 06, 2010 Lesia Flynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This, in my opinion, is the BEST romance book ever written!!! I literally fell out of bed laughing at it's insanity! Someday I'll repeat this humorous laugh out loud read and fall out of bed with the characters all over again! And yes, I own my own copy...I just wish it was a hardback edition.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
3 1/2 stars. The story is good fun but not as entertaining as the other RG books. But the hero is hot and delicious. Usually Sheriff does nothing for me, but Dylan is just too irresistible.
Lori
Jun 25, 2015 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Total trash, but please note that I tore through it in three days. A great beach book.
20012206
Nov 20, 2015 20012206 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015-75
Bueno pero nada del otro mundo
Natalia
#Reto Rita
3,5 más bien.
Ha sido una lectura un poco lenta. Si es verdad que me hacía mucha gracia todas las descripciones a cerca la pintoresca localidad de Gospel, pero se me hacía cuesta arriba también tantas vueltas que daba la autora sobre eso mismo. Se podría decir que es un personaje en si mismo y se me hacía un poco cargante en algunos momentos.

Se nos presenta unos personajes bien construidos. Nos ha relatado sus miedos que podrían ser justificados pero para mí tan poco lo erran tantos. Ha
Hisgirl85
2.5 stars. Meh, I just think I'm not a fan of Ms. Gibson's stories. In contemporaries, if the hero behaves badly, I want to see something more than "I'm sorry, but I have FEELINGS and REASONS for my douche-baggery. Forgive me now." In this one I think he did something like say she was a horrible person without proof and then waltzed up to her (maybe at a dance), said he knew it wasn't her, and he'd been miserable without her. This, after pages and chapters of the reader hearing how hurt she was ...more
Lauri
Read for reading challenge: author from Idaho. I love the small-town romances. This one was a bit too spicy for my taste though. :0
Ada Iaboni
A fun little story with several moments of laughter and lightness.
Diane Large
This book was given to me by a friend with the comment that, "it was okay". It's what I call a light read. You know what the ending will be at the beginning. I thought Gibson did a good with the writing. Interesting descriptions of Gospel, Idaho, characters, and a bit funny.
Jenn Scranton
True Confessions is a really light read, one that is meant for a lazy weekend, or when you just have a lot going on in your real world and you want to unwind in someone else's troubles... Rachel Gibson writes her female characters strong and witty, and their male counterparts truly male and protective.

Hope is sent to Gospel, Idao; (aka the middle of no-where), so she can write her crazy big foot stories for L.A. tabloid. She expected to stay for 6 months and reorganize the chaos that is her life
Samantha
Hope Spenser works for a tabloid writing fictional stories like “300 lb cat eats owner!” She’s come to Gospel, because she’s being stalked by some loony and has lost her muse. Luckily, there’s enough weird stuff that goes on in Gospel to send her muse into overdrive. When I first started the book I didn’t like Hope’s character. She came off as bitchy, but that didn’t take long to change. She turned out to be a fun character, just one that guards herself.

Dylan Taber is the sheriff and has all the
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • Talk of the Town (Glory NC, #1)
  • All Shook Up
  • Mouth To Mouth
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas #2)
  • Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Simply Sexy (Simply #5)
  • Not Another New Year's (Holidays, #2)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a house wife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
More about Rachel Gibson...

Gospel, Idaho (2 books)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)

“I feel like I should probably ask you to leave. But I don’t really want you to go. I want you to stay, but I know you shouldn’t.
- Hope”
54 likes
“Sometimes you have to wander around until you find where you really belong. And sometimes it's right where you started.” 31 likes