Hidden (Firelight, #3)

Hidden (Firelight #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  10,304 ratings  ·  1,134 reviews
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into...more
Published September 11th 2012 by HarperTEEN (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden

Can't Wait Books of 2012
78th out of 2,507 books — 15,922 voters
YA Novels of 2012
83rd out of 1,255 books — 10,065 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie Jordan
Dec 29, 2011 Sophie Jordan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
As I wrote it (and rewrote it again and again and again until it was just what I wanted it to be) ... yes - I love it and can't wait until it hits shelves. Hope you all enjoy it!

Annabelle Marie Veronica
*FINAL RATING: 1.35 STARS*

CATCHALL
Firelight had some problems, but it was new and different and despite its unlikeable cast of characters was a fun and awesome read. I enjoyed Vanish much, much more. I gave it five stars. Although honestly, looking back at it, at this point in my blogging career I probably would've given it less. Hidden, sadly, just didn't impress me at all. I really wanted it to, but I just wasn't feeling it. It was an extremely lackluster book for me and an overall disappoint...more
Hayden Casey
Sophie Jordan, what the hell?

Why can't we all write like you.

Even when it's completely unintentional, your writing leaps off the page and strikes my heartstrings. Even if this book was completely plotless and the characters all sucked and everything about this book absolutely sucked, I would still be forced to give it at least three stars due to its writing.

Not to say everything else is bad, because it's not . . . far from it, actually. But now you get my point.

I went into Hidden without re-read...more
Zemira Warner
Ohhh Cassian... *sigh* You are too good for Jacinda!

This was my least favorite Firelight book. It's not because Jacinda (view spoiler) but because she annoyed me. She was all over the place. You know, she has a boyfriend, Will? But she still has the audacity to be jealous when Cassian talks to Tamra, even though she's mostly saying how he loves her just because she's a firebreather and the most desirable dragon. Oh, please.

And what about Will? Did sh...more
Colleen Houck
I was asked to do a formal blurb for this book so I'm pasting it here.

The FIRELIGHT series is a rare sparkling gem. I delved into the mystical world and discovered a fast-paced, gripping story. In HIDDEN I was again swept away in a whirlwind of thrilling danger, shocking secrets, and entrancing romance. Anytime my readers ask for a book recommendation, I always say, “Read Sophie Jordan!”
Lisa
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SERIES IS OVER!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!

description

I did not write reviews for the first two books in this series so I will keep this short. The Firelight series by Sophie Jordan is a must read. She has created an amazing series centered around dragons. Hidden, the final installment in this series, lived up to my expectations and more. Jordan tied up all the loose ends and wrapped it up in a little bow. Great series! Great ending! I want more!

My Rating:

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Why, 5 DRAGONS , of course!
Teresa
Aug 24, 2012 Teresa marked it as to-read
If you aren't team Cassian, you are dead to me. And I hope Hidden will be more fast paced, action packed, and mysterious than the last two. And, also, less angsty and hormones- induced. I don't know if I'm even going to like this book, since Jordan lost a fan here at Vanish. I'm still counting the calendar for this book, though. The cover is beautiful but not so original. Who else besides me thinks that Vanish was the best cover out of the series?
Emmy
Dec 22, 2011 Emmy marked it as to-read
--MY FANTASY ENDING--

When Jacinda, Will, Cassian, and Tamra go into the hunters stronghold, Tamra uses her special powers and wipes all the peoples memorey or whatever she does. Then, the four of them get inside to see dozens of cages on the wall. (i'm talking about 1-2 dozen) They decide to release all the Draki. Will and Jacinda will take the left, while Tamra and Cassian take the right. Tamra and Cassian find all the Draki that have been taken from the hunters, including Miram. Then Jacinda...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

Jacinda along with her boyfriend, Will and her draki friends take on the enkros, in an attempt to save Cassian's sister from imprisonment and possible death.

-The plot was unimaginative - Jacinda and co rescue Miram from the enkros and then get chased by hunters for the bulk of the book. It's only in the last few chapters were things of importance occur and Jacinda's pride acknowledge that they need to make changes to the way they live and have a leadership that's fairer — unfortunately J...more
Julie
ahh yes, yet another one. Personally, I think they should leave little brat with the hunters, but whatever.

-missrosey :]

Update after:

Yay finished it! This was good! I'm teetering on a 3.5/4 stars. Hmm.

I don't want to list every single thing that happened in this book, so I'll just say a few things:

I really enjoyed this series. The characters never really bugged me, and (thank goodness) I always really liked Jacinda. And Will. *swoon* Honestly, being the coldhearted beast I am, I would have left...more
Tabi {Don't think~Just write~Tell a story}
More action and less kissing please.
Jacinda, torch Cassian for me, will you?
Will, I wonder how many more secrets you got in your blood.
Tamra, stay as you are, the books wouldn't be the same if you changed.

Ok...best cover yet....very mysterious. And darker, that seems to fit more than the lighter, more girly looking covers. This one actually looks like she's some ancient dragon race...
Melodramaticfool
I've been trying my hardest to get over the lack of creativity this cover has...

*ahem* Back to the point. I liked Hidden, it was good. But I feel like I'm falling back on that "it could have been better" pillow. I felt like a few strands were left hanging, and that things were kinda rushed.
To start off, Jacinda's time with the enkros was super short. It literally lasted 49 pages before (view spoiler) So basically one...more
Kristalia
Final rating: ★☆/★★★★★

Finally, it's over!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY XD

I just need to say this: it could have been so much better!!
but sadly, it wasn't and that is my problem. It was action packed i admit but there is just something that bothered me. It was all too fast. It was practically jumping from one scene to another. So, she should have just made this series a little longer (in pages, not in books) because i found Hidden short for all of that.
description

The thing i also didn't like, not just in this boo...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Reading Level: YA
Genre: Fantasy/Dragons
Publisher: Harper TEEN

*Review*

After the events of Vanish where Miram was captured by the Enkors (dragon hunters) after failing to listen to Jacinda--Jacinda, Cassian, Will, and Tamra, have banded together in an attempt to rescue her before she is tortured and experimented on.

Jacinda, Will and Tamra had planned to leave the pride once and for-all and never look back. Cassian is along be...more
Booknut
NOOOOOOOO!! It's ENDED!!! *curls into a ball and sobs*

And look. I love Will. *glances away* Really. I do! It's just...sometimes...I...I kinda think that Cassian is pretty dang awesome! THERE! I ADMITTED IT!! And all you Will + Jacinda shippers can now shoot your little Hunter arrows at me and hunt me down! But in all honesty, Cassian broke my heart in this book. The fearless warrior, unrequited love, the weight of responsibility on his shoulders and his unwavering bravery - the fact he still pr...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
What a heart pounding, exciting, suspenseful conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight series! WOW! Sophie does not hold back with all that happens during this one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride of a read. With secrets revealed, loyalties put to the test, love found, and other relationships tested, this story gave me everything I wanted and then some. There's moments of heartbreak, hope, suspense, sizzling scenes, danger, and a lot of the unexpected. This story has one twist after the ot...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Looks a lot like the 1st book cover
Rating: PG-13
Overall: Well, it’s over. Not sure how I feel
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Sometimes you have to make a choice and other times its life or death
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Cassian

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This story did move and there was action. There was also a clear winner in the kinda love triangle. However, this book bummed me out. I thought I enjoyed love triangles. Not so...more
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

One of the hardest things to do is to say goodbye to a book series. Sounds lame, especially when I complain so much about every book being turned into series but what can I do. The same feeling I had with this book.

Firelight was one of those books that blew my mind. It was so good and interesting that I was so happy when the author decided to make this series. After all that waiting (some things never change is our bookish world) finally I got Vanish and then...more
Jen at Reading Lark
I absolutely adored this book! I read the first two in the Firelight trilogy in the same day, and I devoured Hidden at the same speed. It is written so well... the action had me on the edge of my seat, the calm moments were just the right kind of quiet and the romance made me melt. I found that the narrative flowed so easily for me; I read this in about 5 hours with very little effort.

Hidden picks up immediately after the events at the end of Vanish when Miram, Cassian’s sister, was captured. Ja...more
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
I admit it, I actually liked the first book.
But after that the series went downhill.
It just seemed like it was sprinkled with random stuff that had no point whatsoever!
Here's how it went:

Everyone is all happy and dandy!
OH NO! HUNTERS!
Everyone is happy again!
SOMEONE GOT KILLED!
Let's go back to the pride!
But I don't wanna go to the pride!
BUT I NEED TO!!!!
OH NO!!! MORE HUNTERS!!!
FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!
Kiss me, Will!
SHE KILLED HER!!!!
Yay! We're happy again!

I know that this made zero sense whatsoever, but...more
Jana (The Book Goddess)
Feb 20, 2012 Jana (The Book Goddess) marked it as to-read

My predictions::: (SPOILERS ALERT for many reasons)

I think she's going to pull an Andrea Cremer and have Cassian killed (just like Cremer killed Ren).
Which would suck since I fell in love with Cassian in Vanish. Sigh.
Kristy
I loved the first two books, and I really wanted to like Hidden. However, a lot felt flat to me. There is just so much packed into one little book with many new ideas introduced and never fully developed. It seems as though Jacinda's just been placed into the hands of the enkros when the situation changes and suddenly she's running back to the place she just tried to escape, making Will unsure of their relationship. Which kind of disappointed me. While I admire Jacinda's burning desire to watch...more
Katy
Honestly, I think I could have really liked this book if it wasn't so way overwritten. It wasn't at all unpredictable, but it was a nice conclusion to the series.

But my biggest complaint was the writing. Don't get me wrong. Jordan's writing is beautiful the way she is so vivid with her descriptions. But, and a big but, it kept going on and on and on and on and on... Sometimes for pages...

I knew it was HIM that she came face-to-face with, but no, we had to go through every description about his a...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Sad to see this series end, I'm so honored that I got to read it. Hidden met all my expectations with loads of twist and turns.

What I enjoyed most about this book is the plot. The characters were faced with a lot of decision making. I love that the plot gave the reader excitement, From the first page, I dive right back into action, helping others and always on the run. The most interesting question arises in the end. Decisions, decisions.

The love interest is what I expected with a few new things...more
Annie Brewer
All I can say is...EPIC! This was one hell of a conclusion, a rollercoaster in which I'm still pretty dizzy from. Full review to come after I'm done weeping and can get my emotions together.

I LOVED IT!!!!

I loved this book. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!! Upon reading this, I read some reviews and some were negative and some were positive. Of course, those that were negative were from people that didn't really like the series from the first book. I just ignored all the bashing and complaint...more
Maura
Ok, I just finished reading this, and I have to get it off my chest:
When did two of the main characters in this series become THAT COUPLE THAT HAS SO MUCH PDA THAT EVERYONE HATES THEM?

What is the point?! This is pretty much Jacinda's thought process:
Jacinda: Gasp! A life-threatening situation has just popped up out of nowhere! Every decision is critical, and ever second counts...Oh, well, better make out with Will for half a page!

This series was really not one I enjoyed to begin with, but this...more
Anne
Middle of the road kind of finale to this trilogy.
There's nothing bad to say about it, but for some reason I remember liking the 2nd book much better than I did this one.
Whatever. Everything is tidied up, and (most) everyone goes home happy.
If you're really into these books, then I think you'd be happy with the conclusion.
I'd say overall this is a decent YA trilogy about a tribe (clan?) of dragon-shifters.
I mean, if you're looking for something like that...?
Shaina
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! It was amazing. I can't wait until everyone else can read it. I loved it beyond words. I am so glad I got this chance to read it. Thanks Sophie, for making a phenomenal series that sucked me and kept me at the edge of my seat :)
YA Reads Book Reviews
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, Reviewed by Nichole.

Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the “prince” of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian’s sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.
The only way Jacinda can reach Miram i...more
so you like YA?!: (Hidden) Firelight Trilogy + additional novel April-May-June*spoilers* now with series chat 133 49 Jul 03, 2014 11:57AM
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Hidden by Sophie Jordan 1 1 Jun 11, 2014 10:36AM
CASSIAN!!!!!or Will? 80 230 Apr 08, 2014 04:29PM
Firelight: Flight Field 2 6 Dec 06, 2013 04:01PM
Eh..... 4 17 Nov 20, 2013 05:22PM
Firelight: School 50 10 Oct 14, 2013 05:29PM
Firelight: Flight Field 133 11 Oct 09, 2013 09:21PM
  • Blazing the Trail (The Dragon Diaries, #3)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals, #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1)
  • Mirage (Winterhaven, #2)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Havoc (Deviants #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years...more
More about Sophie Jordan...
Firelight (Firelight, #1) Vanish (Firelight, #2) Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1) Uninvited (Uninvited, #1) Sins of a Wicked Duke (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #1)

“Hi," I return, gesturing to the fish. "Nice catch."
"Yeah. I'm kind of impressed with myself. I always thought redheads were sexy."
"Ha-ha. I meant the fish."
"Ah. Yes.”
22 likes
“Then again, there’s nothing simple about Will. I think back to what he can do—bend earth, resist shading, his immense strength—and it’s glaringly inaccurate to consider him a human. But then I can’t think of him as a draki either. And this strikes me as sad. Will doesn’t belong anywhere. Not among humans. Not among draki.
But he belongs with me. The conviction is still there, as senseless and dangerous as always, seeping into my bones, my heart. A fact I wouldn’t change even if I could.”
7 likes