Start by marking “Random Acts of Badness: My Story” as Want to Read:
Random Acts of Badness: My Story

Random Acts of Badness: My Story

At a time when the term child star is more a curse than a blessing, Danny Bonaduce stands as a symbol of success and inspiration. Now, the co-star of the 1970s hit television series The Partridge Family, one of the most popular sitcoms in syndication, reveals how he not only survived the hazards of success at an early age, but lived to joke about it. The real Danny is as c ...more
Published November 7th 2001 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Random Acts of Badness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Random Acts of Badness

Cheryl
Feb 27, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud funny! Totally enjoyed his self deprecating sarcasm and ridiculous situations. I will be sharing this with my friends & sisters!
Kevin
Aug 28, 2015 Kevin rated it really liked it
Bonaduce is primarily known for two things: costarring as red-headed Danny on TV's "The Partridge Family" from 1970 to 1974 and his downward spiral into drug addiction, culminating in his arrest for assaulting a transvestite prostitute in Arizona.

There are very few Partridge anecdotes here; instead, there are tales of a volatile, violent childhood, crack addiction, living in a car and numerous arrests and rehab attempts. Bonaduce's acerbic sense of humor, mixed with genuine contrition (he often
William Herider
Dec 13, 2012 William Herider rated it really liked it
The book I’m reviewing is Random Acts of Badness The Story of Danny Bonaduce. The book is about a biography about Danny. In this book he talks about his past of being in a TV show and his drug problems. He is a funny individual. Has a lot of funny stories about his life.
Danny first became famous for doing small business commercial. Then he became famous for playing Danny Partridge in the Partridge Family in the early 1970’s. Also did celebrity boxing where he fought Jose Canseco and Barry Willi
Lori Schiele
Oct 05, 2012 Lori Schiele rated it really liked it
I've owned this book and have read it several times. Although I was never a fan of "The Partridge Family", I enjoyed listening to Danny Bonaduce over the last few years as a morning DJ for the local classic rock station. I don't think you could say "Bad guy with the heart of gold", but he definitely has some good points and bad points--and lots of great stories to go along with them: "his tales of international fame and fortune...to his manic and near-fatal period of major sex, drugs, rock-and-r ...more
Dr. Detroit
Nov 25, 2009 Dr. Detroit rated it really liked it
Danny Bonaduce once acted as a rock star on "The Partridge Family" and then proceeded to live his life as one offstage, a real wart on the ass of progress whose only concern for years on end was where the next high was coming from.

Granted I'm a sucker for most any tell-all confessional from current or former celebs, but it's hard not to fall under the spell of Bonaduce, a lovable mook who accepts full responsibility for his own dirty deeds, not necessarily done dirt cheap.

Highly recommended.
Sher
May 11, 2008 Sher rated it really liked it
bonaduce is unapologetic. he doesn't blame his experience as a child star for all his woes in his life, a refreshing stance. he credits a lot of his redemption from a life of addiction to his wife, gretchen. it's a sad thought to contemplate, as this book was published in 2001, and his wife gretchen, post their well-publicized reality show, has since filed for divorce.

still, for someone who royally screwed up his life, bonaduce is a MENSA-level thinker and an entertaining guy throughout it all.
Kirsten
Feb 19, 2008 Kirsten rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Breaking Bonaduce fans.
Let Danny Bonaduce regale you with his stories of drug misadventures and chances squandered!
I have a strange fascination with Bonaduce (and I'm not even a Partridge Family fan!), so this book was rather entertaining. If nothing else, he has a knack for telling a story. When it comes to his flaws and the amount of breaks he's gotten he actually has a lot of humility, surprisingly. He's a trainwreck, but he knows he's a trainwreck.
Kellie
Sep 19, 2008 Kellie rated it really liked it
I have always liked Danny Bonaduce. I did watch the Partridge Family when I was a kid. I commend him for being so open and honest. I see this a bounce back story. To go from child hood actor, to a has been, to a popular radio celebrity. With drug addiction in between. Happy ending of a rough life. I like these kind of stories. Especially the honesty and the ability to laugh at oneself. Great guy. Good book.
Janet
Apr 08, 2011 Janet rated it it was amazing
Having never been a Danny Bonaduce fan, I don't even know why I bought this book. However, a big however, this book was hysterical. I laughed, I cried... You certainly have to recognize his intelligence and self-deprecating sense of humor. I actually laughed out loud at his foibles. This book shows him as an extremely likeable-or sometimes unlikeable-regular guy that just happened to be a child star that moved in and out of drug addiction. Loved the book!
Angela
Dec 31, 2008 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up for 33 cents at GoodWill thinking that it would be a weird tale of a weird guy. Actually, it's pretty disturbing what kind of life this guy has had, his interesting lineage, the (somewhat) ironic friends he had before they were all famous. The book is frank and direct, and I enjoy that about it. It's entertaining in it's own way. It's also sad to see how he ends the book dependence on his complete devotion from his wife...before the split. I see a sequel.
Maurean
Apr 16, 2008 Maurean rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This was everything I was expecting it to be, and more. As a rule, I don't usually read the celebirty tells-all books, but I've always liked Bonaduce - his insolence has always amused me!

A very honest accounting, and while extremely sordid, his perspective of life is amusing and positive...I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Sep 17, 2007 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with time on their hands.
i dont care what you think, i love danny bonaduce. he is a totally buffed out little red haired gnome. but to be honest, i only checked this out of the library. i didnt spend money on it or anything.
Timothy
May 05, 2012 Timothy rated it really liked it
Were all Hollywood tell-all tales this good, I would be a fan of the genre.

The book provides not a few insights - and certainly much fodder - for those interested in the the nature of folly and the psychology of fuck-ups.
Bradley
Jul 10, 2011 Bradley rated it liked it
A very gripping life tale. My wife looked a this book with disgust. He seems an okay fellow. And I thought my life was screwed up. =)
David
Jul 17, 2007 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this for "intellectual candy" at the dollar store, before going on a camping trip. It's honest, funny, and exciting to read.
Lenny
Jan 08, 2016 Lenny rated it it was amazing
Read the whole story and it seemed that Danny was very happy being a husband and father. Looked him up online and found out he got divorced and married several more times?
Eddy
Eddy rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
John Devlin
Jun 19, 2007 John Devlin rated it liked it
Genuinely funny. Full of unglossed insights into the dark places of a person's life.
Karen Lee
Karen Lee rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Charles Fuss
Charles Fuss rated it really liked it
May 31, 2015
Fluff
Fluff rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2010
Bobbie R
Bobbie R rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2007
Oliver
Oliver rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Mallory Kellogg
Mallory Kellogg rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Kathryn O'Brien
Kathryn O'Brien rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Angela  Zuber
Angela Zuber rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2010
Alan
Aug 24, 2015 Alan rated it liked it
I heard about the book through Gilbert's podcast. Some great stories.
Tana
Tana rated it liked it
May 05, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Artemis: Virgin Goddess of the Sun & Moon--A Comprehensive Guide to the Greek Goddess of the Hunt, Her Myths, Powers & Mysteries
  • Don't You Know Who I Am?
  • Animal E.R.
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • The Greedy Bastard Diary: A Comic Tour of America
  • Firefly: A Celebration (Anniversary Edition)
  • C'Mon, Get Happy: Fear and Loathing on the Partridge Family Bus
  • As You Do: Adventures with Evel, Oliver, and the Vice-President of Botswana
  • Annotations to  Finnegans Wake
  • Let Us Build Us A City: Eleven Lost Towns
  • A Draft of Shadows and Other Poems
  • A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives: Descriptions in Plain English of More Than 12,000 Ingredients Both Harmful and Desirable Found in Foods (Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives)
  • Bob Hope: My Life In Jokes
  • Big Java
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui
  • Quantitative Trading: How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business (Wiley Trading)
  • 200 Crochet Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets: An Indispensible Resource of Technical Know-How and Troubleshooting Tips
  • An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists