Start by marking “Out of the Dark” as Want to Read:
Out of the Dark

Out of the Dark

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  12 reviews
On the night of her cousin's bachelorette party, Celia Henry meets the man of her dreams. Geologist Luke Gaines is smart, handsome--and pleasures her in ways she's only dreamed about. He's the perfect antidote to her sexual dry spell, even if they only have a one-night stand.Six months later, however, Luke returns--changed. He's survived a cave exploration gone horribly wr ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Dark

Barb
Six months later, however, Luke returns--changed. He's survived a cave exploration gone horribly wrong...and learned the truth about the creatures hiding in the darkness. Now he hunts the monsters that torment him, finding s
Kelly
What? No. What? No... WHAT? WHAT the HELL did I just... WHAT? Just... wait, what? It's just that it started... and the guy was... so, okay, I thought... but then in the cave... okay, seriously, what the fuck did I just read?
Megan
Daaaaaamn. Now I am going to be late to work because I had to finish this. Review tomorrow!
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

This review was posted at Under The Covers

So if you know me you know that anything by Megan Hart is an auto-buy for me. Anything she writes I buy, I read and enjoy. This was really no exception. The Harlequin Nocturne Cravings are basically short stories that are not part of a series or even related. This was just a bit darker than I was expecting.

Starts out with a bang! Girls night, bachelorette party, and Celia meets a hunky geologist than rocks her world. Luke is any womans fantasy m
Darcy
This is a quick little story that starts out one way, but heads in a whole different direction. The start of it was fun, Chelsea was in a bar for her cousin's bachelorette party, where she runs into Luke. After a steamy night Luke leaves and experiences a horror. This is where things take a turn. This experience leaves Luke a changed man, but his one constant is Chelsea, he hasn't forgotten their one night. After months away he shows up at her house and gives her the whole story. Chelsea is unsu ...more
Kathy
Tammy
This novella certainly kept me interested. The pace flowed very well. Megan Hart can really weave a fresh story! Only two things kept me from giving it 5 stars. I wanted a little more background to it over the amount of sex and I think it was probably too quick to go to the press as the editing was quite poor.
Melissa
(4 STARS)

Great erotic, paranormal-ish, horror-type love story?!? I don't know how to catergorize it...but it's Megan Hart, and per usual with her stuff...LOVED IT! She writes some great steamy scenes and I always love her characters! Awesome short story =)
Sharon
I loved this book. I'm not sure why it worked so well for me but it did. It's definitely my favorite Megan Hart book. I think it's perfect for the nocturne cravings line (short, paranormal stories between 15k-25k words).
7inthelaakehouse
Crazy, weird plot. More like a short story. Could not help to finish this book just to see if this plot got any better. It was like a B movie with "romance" flung in.
Dominika
I wish there was more of the story from Luke's point of view.. Made it somewhat hard for me to believe his story. But the sexy part is sexy as always ;)
Bobbi Romans
CREEPY!!!! Loved but only gave 3 stars because I wished it was lengthier in the conclusion. But a def creepy read.
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Nov 09, 2014
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Danija
Danija marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Saleha Iqbal
Saleha Iqbal marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • This Glamorous Evil
  • Three to Tango
  • The Djinn's Dilemma
  • Immortal, Insatiable, Indomitable
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • Ty the Sexy Dragon (Fire Mate, #1)
  • Stone Romance (Stone Passions, #2)
  • Dream Lover: Paranormal Tales of Erotic Romance
  • The Flame and the Shadow  (The  Four-Sided Pentacle, #1)
  • Special Ops Exclusive (The Hunted, #3)
  • Silver Mine (Takhini Wolves, #2)
  • Going Down
  • Phantom Pleasures (Phantom, #1)
  • Brazen
  • In the Service of the King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #1)
  • Whispered Words (PowerUp!, # 3)
  • Blade's Lady (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1023)
  • Merrick's Destiny (Bloodhounds, #1.5)
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads databas
More about Megan Hart...
Dirty (Dan and Elle, #1) Broken Tempted (Alex Kennedy, #1) Switch Naked (Alex Kennedy, #2)