Start by marking “Out of the Dark” as Want to Read:
Out of the Dark

Out of the Dark

3.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
On the night of her cousin's bachelorette party, Celia Henry meets the man of her dreams. Geologist Luke Gaines is smart, handsome--and pleasures her in ways she's only dreamed about. He's the perfect antidote to her sexual dry spell, even if they only have a one-night stand.

Published September 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Dark

PJ
Barb
Sep 29, 2014 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six months later, however, Luke returns--changed. He's survived a cave exploration gone horribly wrong...and learned the truth about the creatures hiding in the darkness. Now he hunts the monsters that torment him, finding s
Sharon
Jan 05, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
I loved this book. I'm not sure why it worked so well for me but it did. It's definitely my favorite Megan Hart book. I think it's perfect for the nocturne cravings line (short, paranormal stories between 15k-25k words).
Kelly
What? No. What? No... WHAT? WHAT the HELL did I just... WHAT? Just... wait, what? It's just that it started... and the guy was... so, okay, I thought... but then in the cave... okay, seriously, what the fuck did I just read?
Megan
Jan 16, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, erotica, nook-book
Daaaaaamn. Now I am going to be late to work because I had to finish this. Review tomorrow!
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

This review was posted at Under The Covers

So if you know me you know that anything by Megan Hart is an auto-buy for me. Anything she writes I buy, I read and enjoy. This was really no exception. The Harlequin Nocturne Cravings are basically short stories that are not part of a series or even related. This was just a bit darker than I was expecting.

Starts out with a bang! Girls night, bachelorette party, and Celia meets a hunky geologist than rocks her world. Luke is any womans fantasy m
Darcy
This is a quick little story that starts out one way, but heads in a whole different direction. The start of it was fun, Chelsea was in a bar for her cousin's bachelorette party, where she runs into Luke. After a steamy night Luke leaves and experiences a horror. This is where things take a turn. This experience leaves Luke a changed man, but his one constant is Chelsea, he hasn't forgotten their one night. After months away he shows up at her house and gives her the whole story. Chelsea is unsu ...more
Kathy
Nov 12, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sexy
Tammy
Sep 21, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella certainly kept me interested. The pace flowed very well. Megan Hart can really weave a fresh story! Only two things kept me from giving it 5 stars. I wanted a little more background to it over the amount of sex and I think it was probably too quick to go to the press as the editing was quite poor.
Melissa
Apr 23, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(4 STARS)

Great erotic, paranormal-ish, horror-type love story?!? I don't know how to catergorize it...but it's Megan Hart, and per usual with her stuff...LOVED IT! She writes some great steamy scenes and I always love her characters! Awesome short story =)
7inthelaakehouse
Jan 06, 2013 7inthelaakehouse rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crazy, weird plot. More like a short story. Could not help to finish this book just to see if this plot got any better. It was like a B movie with "romance" flung in.
Dominika
I wish there was more of the story from Luke's point of view.. Made it somewhat hard for me to believe his story. But the sexy part is sexy as always ;)
Bobbi Romans
CREEPY!!!! Loved but only gave 3 stars because I wished it was lengthier in the conclusion. But a def creepy read.
Julie Crites
Julie Crites marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Nateisha
Nateisha marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Ursula
Ursula marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Blessing
Blessing marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Irina Villacis
Irina Villacis marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Raynell
Raynell marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Emilia Moras
Emilia Moras marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Drava
Drava marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
T D BRAIN
T D BRAIN rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Dawn
Dawn added it
Feb 21, 2016
Deanna
Deanna rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2016
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
  • This Glamorous Evil
  • The Djinn's Dilemma
  • The Vampire's Consort
  • Claimed by Desire (Isle of Feralon, #1)
  • Stone Romance (Stone Passions, #2)
  • Immortal, Insatiable, Indomitable
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • Three to Tango
  • Two Hot
  • Going Down
  • Bitten by the Vampire (The Ancients, #1)
  • The Healer's Passion (Time Raiders #7)
  • Ugly Ducklings Finish First
  • Secret Identity  (Cooper, #8)  (Cooper Security, #1)
  • The Rose of Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows, #1)
  • Chantilly's Cowboy (Sisters of McDougal Ranch #1)
  • Tigerlily
  • Haunted Sanctuary (Green Pines, #1)
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website