Start by marking “Ready for Love” as Want to Read:
Ready for Love

Ready for Love (Kimani Hotties)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

Maritza Morales and Terrill Carter may be partners in a mega-successful L.A. music company, but Maritza has no intention of making their personal relationship permanent. Even if the gorgeous, supremely arrogant record label exec is the most passionate lover she's ever known--and her best-kept secret....
The flamboyant ex-video girl isn't the type of woman who kisses and te
Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published October 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ready for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready for Love

Priscilla
Oct 09, 2011 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Ready For Love
Gwyneth Bolton

Amazon Rating: 5
APOOO Rating : 5

Secrets And Love Equals Trouble

What in the heck is going on? In Ready for Love by Gwyneth Bolton, Maritza Morales, former video dancer and part-owner of New Images by Keys and Morales, pondered this question as her family and friends waited for a response. Maritza knew she had to come clean and tell them all of the secrets she has been hiding; but, if she told them everything Terrill would also find out. Terrill Carter is a silent partn
Kim
This book focused way to much on Penny and James relationship, at least half the book was about them. I think those two deserved their own book so that Maritza and Terrill's time haden't been cut so short. It was like Ms. Bolton wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

Once Maritza and Terrill actually got their story going it was a good read. They had tons of chemistry, and their love scenes were hot! I just wish their was more story between these two, and even some backstory on her brother as w
Marie
Jun 03, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story, it made me laugh and cry. Maritza and Terrill definitely belong together and their journey was well worth the wait. The only things I did not like about the story is there was no punishment for Jackson and it was too many excerpts from the previous books. I do not mind a little recap to let the reader know where the storyline fit in with the previous books, but it was like re-reading the previous books again. But back to Maritza and Terrill, I loved their story and now
Angelia
This was just okay to me....this one just didn't have the fire that I usually find in Ms. Bolton's books.....The story was a little of a let down but this is just MHO....
D.lee
Jan 29, 2012 D.lee rated it it was amazing
I loved it!! I knew Terrill and Maritza were involved secretly and just pretended to be arch enemies. I'm glad we finally got their story. I felt so sorry for Terrill, because he loved her so much, he wanted to shout it from the rooftops,but Maritza wouldn't cooperate. He was man on a mission though. There was no way he was gonna allow her to marry the wrong man, but he wasn't go out like a wimp either.
As always, Carla was my favorite, she is so comically irreverent. A Hightower story would not
kimberly
Mar 04, 2014 kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect love story

Perfect love story

just because you have a negative past, it doesn't mean that should define your future. When you feel the love....take it, accept it, and run with it. No matter what people may say or think.
Patriciaw
Nov 01, 2011 Patriciaw rated it really liked it
Category romance comes with certain expectations, even as to the structure of the novel. Typically 17-22 chapters, each chapter containing one to two scenes. This was different. The chapters were much longer, and there were these interlude passages that were in current time whereas the rest of the story is in flashback. Took a minute to get used to the structure of the novel.

But once I did, it was all I've come to expect from Gwyneth Bolton's stories. First, one of my favorite romance families,
Cassandra Baker-Durham
Jan 10, 2013 Cassandra Baker-Durham rated it really liked it
Martiza has a secret. It caused her to walk away from the man she loved based on what she thought that he would think of her. Terrill worked his way out of poverty and a high crime neighborhood to not only run a successful company, but to own it, as well as become a silent partner in his best friends highly successful image company.
Martiza and Terrill have been in love with one another and carrying on a secret affair for the last three years. What Terrill doesn't know is that Martiza has enterta
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Mar 27, 2012 Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . . rated it really liked it
Shelves: aar-aas-aam
I can honestly say that it took long enough. This relationship has been headed in this direction now for 4 books, now. I was captivated by their, Terrill and Martiza, story.

The past of a video vixen can leave some pretty hefty scars. Will the love of a good, strong, hard working man be enough to cure the self-loath that goes on inside of her. How long will Terrill allow for the love of his life to pretend their relationship does not exist, too damn long. But in the end you know it all works out
Brandi
May 10, 2012 Brandi rated it liked it
Not as thrilled about this book as I was with the other Hightower novels. Maybe it had been too long since I'd read the other books in the series but I just couldn't make the connections. And the story was too out there: Maritza marrying the rapper just to clean his image? There was barely any mention of this guy. Maybe I will have to go back and re-read the other books in the series and then this one will fall into place.
Monique
Oct 02, 2011 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bolton has written another romance wrapped in old school music, family ties and one fine man. Praises for Maritza and Penny for being honorable business owners and showing the world that they could find the love of their lives. In the words of the Stacy Lattisaw song, Maritza "found love on a two-way street".
Shawnette
Nov 02, 2011 Shawnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I laughed, cried, and cheered...and despite the fact that there were too many Hightower flashbacks...I was still CAUGHT UP in Maritza and Terrill's romantic adventure...Terrill is a man that knows who he wants; and goes after her full force...another sweet and SEXY treat from Mrs. Bolton.
Crystal
Sep 03, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Great book. I've been waiting for their story after reading the Hightower books. I knew they were feeling each other, their dislike was just to over the top most of the time. But they've found love together. Sweet ending!
Kimberly
Oct 11, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
This book was full of love, friendships, romance, lies and hurts. The love between Terrill and Maritza was so real but because of the past their love couldn't grow until the past was comforted. Loved this book!
ConSonia
Mar 15, 2013 ConSonia rated it really liked it
Loved all the characters except Maritza she wait 3 long years for for true love and happiness for her issues. Enjoy the story line it was well written.
Marilyn Diamond
Dec 31, 2011 Marilyn Diamond rated it it was amazing
I could not put it down... I love romance when it comes together. I want to hear more from the Morales and High tower brothers in the future too..
Shone
Jun 16, 2012 Shone rated it really liked it
Maritz is scare to love because of youthful mistakes, will she keep running or will this be her final stop?
Schreba
Schreba marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Sheereen Chittick
Sheereen Chittick is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2015
Ange Victoria
Ange Victoria marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Oct 30, 2015
Aopa
Aopa rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Anika
Anika added it
Sep 11, 2015
JMoss
JMoss rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
199257
Gwyneth Bolton was born and raised in Paterson, New Jersey. She currently lives in Syracuse, New York with her husband Cedric.

When she was 12-years-old, she became an avid reader of romance by sneaking her mother's stash of Harlequin and Silhouette novels. In the 90s, she was introduced to African American and multicultural romance novels and her life hasn't been the same since.

While she had alway
More about Gwyneth Bolton...

Kimani Hotties (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • The Perfect Seduction
  • Island Fantasy
  • Miami Attraction
  • Redemption's Kiss (Secrets and Lies, #4)
  • Recipe for Temptation
  • As Good as the First Time
  • Make It Last Forever
  • Huddle with Me Tonight  (New York Sabers Football, #2)
  • The Millionaire's Ultimate Catch (Ladies of Distinction #5)
  • Pleasure for Two