Start by marking “Jewels for a Crown (Victorian Serenade #3)” as Want to Read:
Jewels for a Crown (Victorian Serenade #3)

Jewels for a Crown (Victorian Serenade #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Jenny Price, the daughter of reformed con artist Corrine Hammond, is one of Florence Nightingale's top students, so how can she say no when Miss Nightingale asks her to set aside her dreams and nurse a sick little girl? What Jenny expects is a mundane job--what she finds is an experience that will stretch her faith and love to the limits.
Published August 15th 1996 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Jewels for a Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jewels for a Crown

Lyssa
3.75

Lawana Blackwell impresses me with her historical concepts. They are not at all trite, tired, worn. This is the first piece of historical fiction I've read featuring Epilepsy in the 1800s. Fascinating.

I thought the end relied a little too much on chance, the relationship buildup was not deep enough and the marriage proposal was rather sudden. Annnd the villain was a little too shallow, predictable, not really creative.

As a side note, it surprised me that Jenny referred to her step dad as jus
Ruth
Jenny Price just finished training at Florence Nightengale's school for nurses and now is obligated to work at the assignment of Nightengale's choice for two years. She is assigned to be the live-in nurse for the epileptic child of a rich widowed merchant. She discovers that this twelve year old has been given anything she wanted when she wanted it and, refuses to go along with that program. The girl's father is pleased and gives her authority over the child. Let's just say that the relationship ...more
Carolyn
Enjoyed this one, the only part that frustrated me is that the change of the "villain" character from the introduction to the end was so dramatically different and that the author didn't really clarify how that happened...
Liz
I think this one is my favorite so far. It reminds me of Anne (of Greene Gables) and Morgan Harris' story :) I really enjoyed it.
Ronda
This was a good story. I like to read about challenges and the power of love.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Gale Bolinger
Gale Bolinger marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Jolie
Jolie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Lane
Lane marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Lisa South
Lisa South marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Mavis Arsenault
Mavis Arsenault marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Trisha K.
Trisha K. marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
John Astone
John Astone marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Apoorva Deshpande
Apoorva Deshpande marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kara Pruitt
Kara Pruitt marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
  • The Courteous Cad (Miss Pickworth Series #3)
  • In the Twilight, in the Evening (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #6)
  • The Adversaries (American Family Portrait #4)
  • Port Royal (Buccaneers #1)
  • A Promise for Tomorrow (Ribbons of Steel, #3)
  • New Mexico Sunrise: Faith and Love Hold Generations Together in Four Complete Novels
  • A Place in the Sun (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #4)
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • The House in Grosvenor Square
  • The Night Angel (Heirs of Acadia, #4)
  • The Distant Beacon (Song of Acadia, #4)
  • Speak to Me of Love
Lawana Blackwell is a full-time writer with 10 published novels, including the bestselling Gresham Chronicles series. She and her husband have three grown sons and live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
More about Lawana Blackwell...

Victorian Serenade (4 books)
  • Like a River Glorious (Victorian Serenade #1)
  • Measures of Grace (Victorian Serenade #2)
  • Song of a Soul (Victorian Serenade #4)
The Widow of Larkspur Inn (Gresham Chronicles #1) The Courtship of the Vicar's Daughter (Gresham Chronicles #2) The Dowry Of Miss Lydia Clark (Gresham Chronicles #3) The Jewel of Gresham Green (Gresham Chronicles #4) The Maiden of Mayfair (Tales of London #1)