Start by marking “Imagine You Are a Crocodile” as Want to Read:
Imagine You Are a Crocodile

Imagine You Are a Crocodile (Imagine you are a... )

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"Wallace and Bostock... do an exceptional job of suggesting how the world appears through crocodilian eyes. A terrific introduction to crocodiles, as well as swamps and predation." --Booklist, starred review
Published March 15th 1997 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Imagine You Are a Crocodile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imagine You Are a Crocodile

Lauren
Jan 15, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it
Solid book about a realistic day in the life of a crocodile, with appealing illustrations; would be appropriate to read aloud with older preschool-younger elementary kids. Somewhat awkward in that each passage begins with "Imagine you are a crocodile" but then refers to the croc in 3rd person rather than continuing to appeal to the reader's imagination.
Aran Johnson
Jul 30, 2013 Aran Johnson rated it it was amazing
A nice blend of oversized illustrations with poetic, yet informative text. My son enjoyed it, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he never asks for it again before we return it to the library. Yet, it is a book I could imagine checking out again in a couple of years. It is almost like a picture book version of a BBC nature doc. He was very excited to see that this duo has made books about other animals such as giant octopus, eels and dinosaurs. We will check them out as soon as possible.
Charlotte Osborn-bensaada
Imagining a mother crocodile in her habitat, the book uses evocative language to capture several days in the life of a croc. That said it has a very feminine perspective, ie. the croc is a mom and it is protecting its eggs and when it jumps to eat the heron, the action is captured just before there is blood. Just did not connect as well to my son, he did not ask for it a second time.
Tiffany
May 28, 2009 Tiffany rated it liked it
Gorgeous and realistic illustrations, I didn't realize crocodiles and swamps could be so beautiful. Very informative, but simple enough for young readers, especially boys. Mine have enjoyed it.
Kristen Mohr
Been reading a bunch of JE to fill a spot in my story time lesson plan. This one is really interesting, but doesn't fit the format. I move forward.
Alison
Jul 06, 2009 Alison rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I have to say this book is beautifully written and illustrated, but my kids just didn't enjoy it as much as some of the others.
David
May 02, 2013 David rated it liked it
One of the better non-anthropomorphic books about animals I've read. Still not much of a story.
Paula
Sep 17, 2011 Paula rated it it was ok
Shelves: animals, imagination
Informational book about crocodiles. E597.98 wal
Bambi Pea
Bambi Pea rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
X
X added it
Mar 23, 2015
Julie Huff
Julie Huff rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2014
MJ
MJ added it
Jun 14, 2013
Lorenzo
Lorenzo marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2012
A Home to Grow
A Home to Grow rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2009

Imagine you are a... (3 books)
  • Imagine You Are A Tiger (Imagine You Are A...)
  • Imagine You Are A Dolphin