Start by marking “Bruce Aidells' Complete Sausage Book: Recipes from America's Premier Sausage Maker” as Want to Read:

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Fans of Aidells sausages know there's a whole world beyond kielbasa, and it starts with Bruce Aidells gourmet sausages. In BRUCE AIDELLS' COMPLETE SAUSAGE BOOK, the king of the links defines each type of sausage, explains its origin, teaches us how to make sausages, and treats us to his favorite recipes for cooking with them. Hundreds of related tips and essays on Aidells' ...more
Published September 1st 2000 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Bruce Aidells' Complete Sausage Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bruce Aidells' Complete Sausage Book

Jeannine
Loved it! In fact, I bought it! I've made 4 recipes from it, and all have been great, I love the background information on all the different sausage varieties...
Amev1
The polish sausage! Yum! Lots of fairly easy recipes. Might need to down size some based on number of people or freezer space
Foxthyme
Ah! So if you're into cooking, here you are. Word about game sausages. Using a recipe from this book, I just made my first venison batch today, and what the authors say about using pork back fat must be right. I used hard venison fat and oh boy. It caused troubles with the grinder. And the sausage stuffing part. And, even though it equaled (well except for what I had to keep scraping out of the equipment so it could work) the recommended pork fat, in the end, the sausages were dry.

Great for sou
ThomasAD
Great instructions and tips on making your own sausage. A fantastic selection of recipes, not only for your homemade sausage-making but also dishes you can use to incorporate those sausages.

This was a gift form my sister-in-law, and she will be heartily thanked. The only problem is figuring out which recipe to make first.
Peter Chamberlain
Great book for anyone that wants to start making sausage. Gives you all the information you can know without actually making anything.
Eric
Great sausage cook book!
Jamie Outlaw
Jamie Outlaw is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2015
Marijo
Marijo marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Mathew Carruthers
Mathew Carruthers is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2015
شبح
شبح marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Timothy Schroeder
Timothy Schroeder marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
William Jordan
William Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Complete Meat Cookbook: A Juicy and Authoritative Guide to Selecting, Seasoning, and Cooking Today's Beef, Pork, Lamb, and Veal The Great Meat Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Buy and Cook Today's Meat Bruce Aidells's Complete Book of Pork: A Guide to Buying, Storing, and Cooking the World's Favorite Meat The Complete Meat Cookbook Real Beer And Good Eats: The Rebirth of America's Beer and Food Traditions (Knopf Cooks American Series)