Start by marking “പാത്തുമ്മായുടെ ആട് | Pathummayude Aadu” as Want to Read:
പാത്തുമ്മായുടെ ആട് | Pathummayude Aadu

പാത്തുമ്മായുടെ ആട് | Pathummayude Aadu

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  2,255 ratings  ·  84 reviews
Pathummayude Aadu is one of the most popular works by Vaikom Muhammad Basheer. It has a long foreword by the novelist himself and a longer afterword by P K Balakrishnan. This special edition also has illustrations by Sherif and photographs of the real characters including Pathumma and goats.
Paperback, 24th Impression, 120 pages
Published June 2009 by D C Books (first published April 1959)

രണ്ടാമൂഴം | Randamoozham by M.T. Vasudevan Nairപാത്തുമ്മായുടെ ആട് | Pathummayude Aadu by Vaikom Muhammad Basheerബാല്യകാലസഖി | Balyakalasakhi by Vaikom Muhammad Basheerഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam by O.V. Vijayanആടുജീവിതം | Aatujeevitham by Benyamin
10 Malayalam Must read before you die book
2nd out of 127 books — 1,179 voters
രണ്ടാമൂഴം | Randamoozham by M.T. Vasudevan Nairപാത്തുമ്മായുടെ ആട് | Pathummayude Aadu by Vaikom Muhammad Basheerബാല്യകാലസഖി | Balyakalasakhi by Vaikom Muhammad Basheerആടുജീവിതം | Aatujeevitham by Benyaminഒരു ദേശത്തിന്റെ കഥ | Oru Desathinte Katha by S.K. Pottekkatt
Best Works in Malayalam
2nd out of 36 books — 165 voters

More lists with this book...

Karthika
A short and realistic novel. This book describes a small part of author's life and all the characters are his family members. He didn't try to insert plastic situations or dialogues in this book.. Simple languages with natural slang and his narration of the story as himself makes the story more natural and alive.

Humor is invisibly tied with almost all dialogues in the book. I really like the simplicity of the book. The book really worth 5 stars..
Aneesh Kr
i dont know how to read books in this site. i think there is no such option. this site is a fake site.
Anu Kuriakose
this is the book that gave me mirth...
i laughed and laughed..pondered..again and again..yes..he is the real Sulthan!!!
doest matter the grammar, but express as you feel..
Shynil Hashim
When I along with my friends met Fabi Basheer, she said its her fav book. She summed it up in one word as "oppiyeduthu".
Ravi Mannanikkad
യഥാര്‍ത്യങ്ങളിലും നര്‍മം തുളുംബുന്ന ആഖ്യാന ശൈലി. ബഷീറിന് മാത്രം അവകാശപ്പെടാവുന്ന രചനാ വൈഭവം .
Sarath Krishnan
Are you a Basheerian(forgive me for the coinage) or not is a question that often hears in the literary circles in Kerala. I would say he is a good writer with a good power over the medium and could communicate what he wants well. There is no need to make him an icon, he is already achieved that position. The book was part of the syllabus in SCERT, so everyone will be familiar with it. Good work indeed.
Biniliju
Nov 14, 2013 Biniliju added it
Shelves: manju
thantethaya narmashailiyil kathakal rachikkunna njangalude beppur sulthan. thanikku chuttumullavare kadapathramakki katha rachichappol , athil sathaganangalude jeevithavum narmavum konduvaruvan adehathinu kazhinju. kathayile oro kadapathravum nammude kudumbangangal thanneyanennu thonni poye. ethu njangalude kathakalude sulthanu mathram kazhiyunna onnanu...
Navaneet J
Glad, I had this novel on my 9th standard syllabus. My mother read it to me. This is most simple, realistic, naturalistic book that talks about the sourness of life in a sweet manner.
Surumikareem
cant forget this novel.. awsum... all charecters are still in my mind.. since i have readen this novel before 7 years
Shafi
added it
Ramshi Reloaded
the first novel which made me laugh alot. With his normal native slang and Genuine comedies and Impossible narration, this has been historical one in literature field itself. Thr novel was his own real life and the characters are the real members of his family, including a goat, Hens, Jackfruits etc. !! No plastic situations and humours... I love all the Basheerian novels and stories
Nina
I loved this book because it gave me a glimpse of how life was like for a poor muslim family (women mainly) in the time period around india's independence. About how clever women have to be to provide for their own.

Set in Northern Kerala, India.

Jithin Rajan
Read when it came in my Malayalam subject for 10th class, each class burst out laugh and enjoyed the story. It made everyone dull whwn the story ended up. I wished if the story never ends..Its a real great work by basheer.
Jomon Mj
Jun 11, 2014 Jomon Mj marked it as to-read
Shelves: jmj
Vishnu Ramachandran
ethu kaaryavum narmathiloode avatharippikunna ee bhaashashaili ... mattoraalkkum pakarthaanaavatha onnaanathe
Abu Thahir
Unforgettable tale . Right up there among my favorite books. I read it again and again.
Manu
wat i say i dont konw how to get this book to read wat i do
shit sitttttttttttte
Ashique Babu
it tells u about muslim families in malabar.i really enjoyed reading it.
Nikhil S
A story that happens in front of ny eyes...
Jikku Mj
Classic .... excellent narration.
Sharoncheenath
i need script of pathumayude aade
Shona
Mar 22, 2014 Shona added it
autobiographic novel by bhasheer
Ajith Ravindran
'Pand enno vaayichathanu pakshe basheerukka ingade pusthakam athangane marakkaan pattuo ;) ethoru malayaliyum vaayichirikenda pusthakam.
Rameez Jazbi
Jul 20, 2014 Rameez Jazbi marked it as to-read
i want to read this book
Phincy L
  • പയ്യൻ കഥകൾ | Payyan Kathakal
  • ആടുജീവിതം | Aatujeevitham
  • ചിദംബര സ്മരണകള്‍ | Chidambara Smaranakal
  • ഇനി ഞാൻ ഉറങ്ങട്ടെ | Ini Njan Urangatte
Vaikom Muhammad Basheer is regarded as one of the prominent literary figures ever existed in india. He was a legend in Kerala.

He was one of those outspoken figures who revolutionized Malayalam Literature, and Thus the World Literature itself with his dauntless sarcasm, satire, and black humor.

Often referred to as the Beypore Sultan (the king of Beypore) by the colleagues, he was one of the promine...more
More about Vaikom Muhammad Basheer...
ബാല്യകാലസഖി | Balyakalasakhi പ്രേമലേഖനം | Premalekhanam ന്റുപ്പൂപ്പാക്കൊരാനേണ്ടാർന്ന് | Ntuppuppaakkoraanaendaarnnu Mathilukal | മതിലുകള്‍ Basheer Sampoorna Kruthikal