Start by marking “The Names of God Bible, God's Word Translation” as Want to Read:
The Names of God Bible, God's Word Translation

The Names of God Bible, God's Word Translation

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Ann Spangler is an award-winning writer whose fascination with the Bible has resulted in books that have opened the Bible to a wide range of readers. She is the author or coauthor of several bestselling books, including Praying the Names of God, Praying the Names of Jesus, Women of the Bible, and Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus. Together, her books have sold 3 million c ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Baker Publishing Group (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Names of God Bible, God's Word Translation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Names of God Bible, God's Word Translation

Jan 13, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Ann Spangler, author of Praying the Names of God. I was first introduced to her through the book Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus, which she co-wrote with Lois Tverberg. So, I was very intrigued when I heard she had Bible coming out called The Names of God Bible.

Beautifully designed, The Names of God Bible is the God's Word Translation which was produced by God's Word to the Nations Mission Society. It has been translated directly from the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.

Th
Linda
Nov 22, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
The Names of God Bible is a unique version of the Bible, as it uses the Hebrew names of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit throughout the Old and New Testaments. A full list of names and titles, with a pronunciation guide, is listed in the front of the Bible. All the names used in a particular book are listed at the beginning of the first chapter.

Knowing the names used throughout the Bible, as used in the Hebrew language, can open new, rich insights into the understanding of who God really is. Much
Alycia Morales
Dec 03, 2011 Alycia Morales rated it really liked it
Shelves: bible-study, bibles
Something inside of me jumped when I was offered the opportunity to review The Names of God Bible. I have both of Ann Spangler's Praying the Names of... books, and I love getting to know Jesus and God by getting to know the meaning behind their many names.

The Names of God Bible has some great features:
Introductions to the books of the Bible: These are some of the best introductions I've ever read. I love the authors' conversational language. I don't feel like I'm reading a textbook on the partic
Lauri
Nov 30, 2011 Lauri rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Open the door to a more intimate relationship with God

One of the best ways to get to know God on a deeper level is to know his names and titles as revealed in Scripture. Now the bestselling author of Praying the Names of God and Praying the Names of Jesus uncovers the richness of God's character and love found in his names right within the Bible text.

The Names of God Bible restores more than 10,000 occurrences of specific names of God-like Yahweh, El Shadday, El Elyon, and Adonay-to help readers
Harold Cameron
Sep 06, 2012 Harold Cameron rated it it was amazing
The Names of God Bible, edited by Ann Spangler, using the God’s Word Translation is first and foremost the Bible – that is The Word of God; however, what makes this Bible different than others that are available on the market is that this Bible highlights the Names of God in the Scriptures as you read them

So as you are reading through The Names of God Bible and you come upon a name for God you will be able to find out how the particular name is pronounced, some background information about the n
Abbie Riddle
Nov 29, 2011 Abbie Riddle rated it it was amazing
I have the books Praying the Names of God and Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler so this bible is a welcome addition to my library. It has quickly found it's place next to my regular study bible where I have started using it in comparison with my ESV.

The added study helps, definitions of the names of God, and the footnotes make this bible very user friendly! In addition each chapter starts out with an over view and the names listed in that chapter.

This is an excellent resource bible and
Ibjoy1953
Dec 03, 2011 Ibjoy1953 rated it it was amazing
I tend to collect Bibles, different translations and different study bibles. And I am very happy to add The Names of God Bible to my collection. Often when I hear a different name for God, I wonder just what the full meaning of the name is, especially some of the names we don’t use so often. This Bible has a lot of information and features that help teach us about these names.
Some of the wonderful features in this Bible to help are reading paths-that give references with that particular name wit
Margaret
Dec 03, 2011 Margaret rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Margaret by: Donna Hausler
Shelves: bibles, revell
I do confess that I am a bit of a Bible collector. I the ones I have and for different reasons each. Now I am very glad to have a very new and entirely unique one to add to my studies. Once, I took it upon myself to try to go through the Old Testament and underling every time it said, "God spoke," or "the Lord said." It was a huge undertaking and I never completed it. Now this Bible provides me with something even better. Every mention of God is in a very attractive sepia tone against the black ...more
Karen Skoog
Jul 25, 2016 Karen Skoog rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Although it may take forever to read all the way through the bible, just want to say up front this is the best translation I've tried. I'm reading it on Bible Gateway. Reading the real name of God, or something pretty close seems to unlock my comprehension. I'm in Deuteronomy right now. Chapters 29 and 30 have blown my mind and set me on my life path in a way nothing else has never done.
Peter Arvo
Jan 26, 2016 Peter Arvo rated it it was amazing
Cindy
Feb 10, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this Bible. I try to read through the bible on a regular basis and try different ones. This was one of my favorites. I think the NIV Fruit of the Spirit Bible would be first then The Inspirational Study Bible : Max Lucado, then this one.
Kari Trumbo
Jan 01, 2015 Kari Trumbo rated it it was amazing
I love the way this reads. I don't know that I would recommend this for proofs or memorization, but it makes it very easy to read long portions at one time.
Angelica Stevenson
Jun 05, 2014 Angelica Stevenson rated it it was amazing
i liked how i was able to learn the different titles of G-d and why.
Robert Davis
Jul 09, 2012 Robert Davis rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I have the leather bound I really enjoy this bible
Peter Gross
Peter Gross marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Peri Ann
Peri Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Luzviminda Richards
Luzviminda Richards marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Ayo Ashanti
Ayo Ashanti rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Jan Ericson
Jan Ericson marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Patti Pierce
Patti Pierce marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Beth Mitchum
Beth Mitchum is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
skw
skw added it
Jun 23, 2016
Robin Dix
Robin Dix rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Trulyaragorn
Trulyaragorn rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Ruth Leamy
Ruth Leamy rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Nichole Bolin
Nichole Bolin rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Ronald Dugas
Ronald Dugas marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ann Spangler is the best-selling author of numerous books, including Praying the Names of God, Women of the Bible, and Finding the Peace God Promises. An award-winning writer, Ann’s books have sold millions of copies over the course of her writing career. The mission of her books is to help readers strengthen their connection with God by encountering him in Scripture.

Before becoming a writer, Ann
More about Ann Spangler...