Start by marking “Content Marketing: Think Like a Publisher - How to Use Content to Market Online and in Social Media” as Want to Read:

If you have a website, a blog, or even a Facebook or Twitter presence, you are a publisher. Think like one: build a digital content strategy that embraces words, images and multimedia to systematically enhance consumer engagement and conversion rates. In Content Marketing, world-renowned digital content expert Rebecca Lieb offers all the detailed, actionable guidance you'l ...more
Published October 24th 2011 by Que (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Content Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Content Marketing

Ashley   Jaden
Sep 17, 2012 Ashley Jaden rated it it was amazing
Nowadays, to be a marketer is to be a publisher. In Content Marketing: Think Like a Publisher – How to Use Content to Market Online and in Social Media, author Rebecca Lieb explains that content marketing isn’t just a necessity; it’s a strategy. If you want some general strategic insight on how to go about your company’s content marketing, then I suggest you pick up this book.

One of the great things about Content Marketing is that it’s just as useful for small mom-and-pop shops as it is for larg
Cecile Bol
Feb 01, 2013 Cecile Bol rated it really liked it
This book is a must read, not only for those who are interested in content marketing and creating good content, but for everybody who works in marketing & communication. Rebecca Lieb explains what content marketing really is ("Think like a publisher!"), shares examples, provides an overview of digital content channels and tools to measure your efforts and offers a lot of things to think about when implementing a proper content marketing strategy: who, when, what, how and what for? In the beg ...more
Faye Oney
Feb 16, 2016 Faye Oney rated it it was amazing
The digital landscape has changed the way consumers are buying from you. This book goes into detail about how marketers can use various forms of content to inform, educate, and engage their audiences, with the ultimate goal of selling products and services. Content Marketing is a manual that covers all forms of content, social media tools and platforms, current best practices, tips for marketers, and metrics/analytics to measure performance. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for new ...more
Kristina Jensen
Mar 04, 2016 Kristina Jensen rated it really liked it
Shelves: designlæsning
I really think this is a great introduction to content marketing. It has many and good examples. I also see this book as a good one to go back to once in while for inspiration.
A few chapters (max 10% of the book) I believed to be a bit out-dated since they are more technical, but this field is in such development that it is hard to put in a book. Here I would go for online articles instead.
It is easy to read and has a great mind-set.
Skye
Sep 17, 2014 Skye rated it liked it
Read this on & off- have been quite busy lately. Just finished it and from where I left off, timely advice on content marketing. Super relevant to what I am doing, though it does not explain in depth. But there's enough to bring me back to a good path.
Misty
Jan 19, 2012 Misty rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good, detailed and extensive look at how to create content for marketing. A lot of useful tidbits even if marketing is not your content-creation cause.
Jessica
Jun 11, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
3.75
Cecily Alexander
Dec 21, 2016 Cecily Alexander rated it really liked it
The information was helpful.
Ruby (Maria)
Jan 31, 2013 Ruby (Maria) rated it it was amazing
Excellent professional book. Highly insightful.
Anne
Dec 30, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
Great professional read for anyone in PR or marketing.
Valeria
Mar 22, 2016 Valeria rated it really liked it
I highly recommend it. Gives you all informations you need about content marketing and it combined theory with practise, giving examples.
Karen deVries
Jan 08, 2013 Karen deVries rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
In the genre of marketing books, this is one of the best I've read. Read my review here: http://www.wedomarketing.com/blog/boo...
Stephanie
Dec 11, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This is a MUST read for anyone in PR or marketing!
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Moe Rubenzahl
Moe Rubenzahl rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Mithun Gangopadhyay
Mithun Gangopadhyay rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Reed Handley
Reed Handley rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Lynne
Lynne rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2012
Joseph George
Joseph George rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
Natalia
Natalia rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Koen Verbrugge
Koen Verbrugge rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Gaby
Gaby rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Cristina Petrisor
Apr 29, 2017 Cristina Petrisor rated it it was ok
While the book is written in highly accessible language, the chapters are short and it also provides mini-case studies, I must say I wish it was that organized with regards to the content inside the chapters.
For example, one statement "You should bear in mind that when it comes to content marketing, there really are no rules" set my expectations accordingly. But how could there be no rules when the author writes a book starting with "How to..."? I agree, this is no bible, but isn't it supposed
Kevin Donaldson
Kevin Donaldson rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Lori Zavada
Lori Zavada rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Mykel
Mykel rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2015
Pati
Pati rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2016
CMI Books Division
CMI Books Division rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012