Start by marking “Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit” as Want to Read:
Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit

Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit

or and editor James Snyder has compiled some of Tozer's greatest works on the Holy Spirit. Includes photographs and FREE CD of selected Tozer sermons..................
Published May 1st 2011 by ReadHowYouWant (first published January 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tozer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tozer

Di
Dec 16, 2016 Di rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of Tozer's sermons on the Holy Spirit is well worth reading and reading again.
Barry
Apr 18, 2012 Barry rated it really liked it
A. W. Tozer was not a man to mince words and spoke what he believed to be the truth of God's Word and leave the rest up to God. This book is a collection of sermons he preached at the Alliance Church he pastored in Toronto.

It is so far similar to Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God, in that it is not about being 'charismatic' but is about allowing the Holy Spirit his rightful place as followers of Christ. It is a call to recognize his person, authority, and role in our lives as we seek to live fo
Paul
Aug 17, 2009 Paul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of sermons by A.W. Tozer on the Holy Spirit was refreshing in many ways. First I have spent too little time reading about and studying about the Holy Spirit. I'm troubled that I've not really ever been taught much about this third person of the holy trinity Godhead. I recommend it to all.
This collection of sermons were bold and are timely as though being written today about the church. I found myself gasping for air at times over how current these messages are.
Tozer brought thin
Josiah
Jan 15, 2016 Josiah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could A.W. Tozer were still alive today so that I could attend his church and hear him preach with such candor and conviction. He doesn't suger coat his messages and gets to the heart issues. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this collection of sermons and learned a good bit about the Holy Spirit as well as some fascinating church history. I highly recommend this book.
Ellien
Aug 27, 2015 Ellien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, tozer
My first book on Tozer's preaching. This is truth about the living Holy Spirit and the many awesome blessings, guidance and loving ways about God, our perfect Advocate. A must read for anyone wanting a true real life relationship with Jesus, our Savior, which is experienced not in this world of the flesh, but in the spirit, which is in us, around us, of us.
Mary Hamilton
Sep 06, 2012 Mary Hamilton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A collection of sermons by one of Christianity's best. His humor and wit comes across and I could almost hear him preaching, though I've never actually heard his voice. I recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn more about the Holy Spirit and his role in the life of Christians.
Clara Roberts
The first half of the book was not very good but the last have of the book made it worth the read.Interesting quotes are "Christianity stands or falls on Jesus Christ ... with the the illumination of the Holy Spirit." Tozer says that Christianity should be spiritual with social overtones.
Keegan Hatt
I feel bad giving it 2 stars, but I cannot reconcile the first six chapters with what I see in scripture with respect to being filled with the Spirit. Chapters 7-10 were incredible and every Christian should read them.
Mason Diaz
Mason Diaz rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Couture Family
Couture Family rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2012
Josef Vrtiska
Josef Vrtiska rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2012
Grass
Grass rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Andre Gloutnez
Andre Gloutnez rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Thando
Thando rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2012
Teral
Teral rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Kelley
Kelley rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Dale
Dale rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
Rawley D. Johnson
Rawley D. Johnson rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Michelle Butlig
Michelle Butlig rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2009
Gary Rohrmayer
Gary Rohrmayer rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Jarvis
Jarvis rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Deepu
Deepu rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Godwin Oyewumi
Godwin Oyewumi rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2015
Harry Nettles
Harry Nettles rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Randal
Randal rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2011
Alan R
Alan R rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Beyond Smells and Bells: The Wonder and Power of Christian Liturgy
  • Sex and the Supremacy of Christ
  • Heaven Taken by Storm: Showing the Holy Violence a Christian is to Put Forth in the Pursuit After Glory (Puritan Writings)
  • Real Worship: Playground, Battleground, or Holy Ground?
  • Restoring At-Risk Communities: Doing It Together and Doing It Right
  • Experiencing the Holy Spirit
  • Unceasing Worship: Biblical Perspectives on Worship and the Arts
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Growing in Christ
Aiden Wilson Tozer was an American evangelical pastor, speaker, writer, and editor. After coming to Christ at the age of seventeen, Tozer found his way into the Christian & Missionary Alliance denomination where he served for over forty years. In 1950, he was appointed by the denomination's General Council to be the editor of "The Alliance Witness" (now "Alliance Life").

Born into poverty in we