Start by marking “Private Eye Protector” as Want to Read:
Private Eye Protector

Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire #5)

After an accident, single mother Rayne Sampson loses her recent memories. Thankfully, her sweet baby girl is front and center in her mind--but so is the terrifying image of a dangerous man. Someone with terrible intent is after her. Private investigator Chance Richardson assures her she's safe. But when her life--and baby--are threatened, the handsome former army chaplain
Published November 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Private Eye Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Private Eye Protector

Judy
Oct 24, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Private Eye Protector by Shirlee McCoy Book 5 in the Heroes for Hire Series
Rayne Sampson, sister to Jonas from book 4, wakes up in the hospital confused. Last she knew of she had lived in Phoenix. When Chance Richardson comes in her room she thinks his eyes are familiar but that is all. Ends up she was in a car accident and it wiped out the memories of the past seven weeks. The woman who was now watching her daughter, Emma, was a stranger to her, even if Lila was Chance's mom. She also felt some
Jane
Jan 29, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title is perfect. Chance Richardson is a private eye who saves a woman who worked in his firm from an automobile wreck. He does not figure on becoming her protector.

Rayne Sampson moved from Arizona to start over. After the car accident she cannot remember why. She is guardian of a friend's baby, Emma. Her friend died of a drug overdose which turned out to be murder. She asked Rayne to care for her baby if anything happened to her.

This is a book hard to lay down. Suspense, murder, faith and l
Alexa Verde
Mar 12, 2014 Alexa Verde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved the wonderful combination of faith, love, and suspense in Love Inspired Suspense books. This book did not disappoint me either.

Rayne fears for her life while she can't remember who she is running from. Rayne's love and dedication to Emma, her friend's daughter whom Rayne is raising after her friend's death, is very heart-warming. She has a set of three rules. But given how charismatic and protective Chance is, it is inevitable that they will be broken, especially the rule about
Sharon
Jan 12, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's one of my favourite statements in the book:

'"It's not confidence. It's faith."

Faith?

She'd always thought she had plenty of faith, but over the years her passion for the things of God had faded. School, job, life, relationships --they'd all vied for her attention. Church had become one more thing to do. Prayer something she did quickly and in passing. God was there. She knew it. That had become enough.

It shouldn't have.'
Anne
Dec 31, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great twists and turns suspense book. Every time I thought things were solved something else happened. I really enjoyed this book. I actually read it in two days, I just didn't have time to get on here and review it. Definitely worth the reads. This is my second Heroes for Hire series book I've read and the were both great. Great to see you can have a Christian book and still have it been exciting!
Ruth
May 26, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rayne's foremost thought is baby Emma is in danger...and someone is trying to kill her. Chance appoints himself as her protector. Her memory gradually returns in small flashbacks... Considering her ex fiance acted like such a jerk, I don't blame her for being slightly gun-shy around men.
Without giving away the ending, that Michael jerk got what he deserved..
Kayla
Sep 11, 2012 Kayla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book. It was a romance, but there were some things I didn't like. It was like she didn't know how to write in full sentences. She liked to use phrases and in some parts, it was like I wanted her to "get on with the story, already."
Judine Brey
Jul 14, 2016 Judine Brey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I didn't like Chance's name (especially for two people afraid to take a chance on love), I did find his and Rayne's relationship compelling. This is especially true since they didn't forget about Rayne's daughter Emma.
Quiyanna Ramirez
I think that this was a great book. Rayne and Emma went through so much. Chance and his mother were so loving and understanding. I was happy that Rayne and Chance could allow themselves to love again.

Linda
May 18, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad read, and no profanity or gratuitous sex scenes. In fact, no sex scenes at all unless they went on behind the scenes, which i doubt.
Mimi Herbert
Aug 31, 2012 Mimi Herbert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it - great suspense and romance. Love stories that have tenderhearted men in them, and that include God's influence.
Bree
Pam Skipper
Mar 13, 2014 Pam Skipper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great store
Deane
A very simple romance/mystery ....easy read....one that was easy to figure out after reading 25 pages or so. Good light reading as a buffer against longer, more involved books.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Connie
Aug 03, 2012 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery
Nicole
Aug 16, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, I read it basically in one day. Easy read but it was fun and I had to keep turning pages to figure out what happened. A nice distraction from the car ride.
Nina
Jul 09, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it, lots of action and suspense.
Olive Breece
Olive Breece rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Yelena Goldashkin
Yelena Goldashkin rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Abby A.
Apr 02, 2017 Abby A. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book overall was okaaaay. I just found the back and forth struggle between the two main characters of all the reasons why they should not fall in love with each other rather annoying. That particular theme basically made up the bulk of the story line along with someone trying to kill Rayne. All along I knew who the perpetrator was going to be so no surprise there.
My complete reaction: Meh.
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Virginia   Bousfield
Virginia Bousfield rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Mary Goodwin
Mary Goodwin rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Lara Van Hulzen
Lara Van Hulzen rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 26, 2015 06:13PM
  • Duty to Protect (Big Sky Secrets, #5)
  • The Innocent Witness (Protection Specialists, #1)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Face of Danger
  • Agent Undercover
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • A Deadly Game
  • Keeping Guard
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Narrow Escape (Sonoma, #4)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)

Heroes for Hire (9 books)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)