Start by marking “In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)

In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  124 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The ticking time bomb of their marriage

Sophie Greenham whirled into army officer Kit Fitzroy's life like a red-headed tornado, smashing through the walls surrounding his heart and changing his life for ever. Leaving his bubbly fiancée to return to the front line disposing of bombs was the harder thing Kit had ever done . . . .

When he returns home, their reunion is raw and
Published December 20th 2011 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In Bed with a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Bed with a Stranger

Saly
The second part and picks off when Kit returns home from a rough tour with loads of self-doubts but firm in his love for Sophie but he isn't sure that is enough.
We see the effects of war, his childhood and how a relationship progresses after the whole chemistry phase.

Kit does not want to talk and Sophie too has her problems. I love the whole sexy element of the book, Sophie is her usual happy self while Kit also doesn't change. So, no personality transplant. This was a very enjoyable two-parter.
Kate
Jan 17, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the second part of this duet because the hero and heroine are already in a happy committed relationship and have to weather those life obstacles that pull some couples apart.

Yeah, the hero isn't perfect. He shut down instead of talking to the heroine. He made the decision (view spoiler). But I think that it's these things that made hi
Chatty P (previously Honour)
Feb 23, 2012 Chatty P (previously Honour) rated it really liked it
It's a very good thing I'm determined not to score India Grey's books against the larger literary works of the english novel writing world. While her writing is very good, her plots all have a feel of been there, worked that to death. Her saving grace is that she can bring these oft used tropes to new life.
Also, what is it about category romances that most of the suspense, drama and intrigue happen inside the characters' heads? There's always a misunderstanding, there's always lack of communicat
RLA
Dec 20, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero Kit returns home after active military duty full of pain and guilt after an incident that left a fellow soldier injured. It has also left Kit doubting himself. However he doesn't doubt his love for Sophie, the heroine, and when they reunite it's full of passion. Kit struggles to get over the traumatic events and after even more long buried family secrets are revealed, he finds himself pulling further and further away from Sophie. It hurts Sophie that Kit won't talk to her, she has also ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Incredible follow up to Craving the Forbidden by India Grey one of my favorite Mills and Boon authors.
I usually don’t like reading about English heroes….prefer the Greek, Italian, French and South American guys but I have to admit I was blown over by Kit. So much more than your average English wimpy lords and dukes….he is gorgeous, strong, brooding, sexy (I mean the chocolate spread love scene made me swoon!!!)….what more can I say about this man??????
Sophie – wow this is my kind of woman…..gor
Julie Cohen
I sometimes get frustrated when I read a series romance, when I fall in love with the characters but the book is so short that I don't get to know them well enough. India Grey's mini-mini-series (Craving the Forbidden and In Bed with a Stranger) was a good cure for that. Both books are about the same couple, and they deal with two parts of their relationship...the first, dizzying attraction part when it's all about will they or won't they get together, and the second, more intense part when they ...more
Tawnya
Apr 24, 2014 Tawnya rated it really liked it
In Bed With A Stranger was a good sequel to Craving The Forbidden. We got to know Kit and Sophie a lot better and see the mysteries in their lives start to become clearer.
Sana Bel
Mar 28, 2016 Sana Bel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mills-boon
It's so amazing to read a book about one's hometown, my sweet Marrakech with everything magical it has and Imlil the most fascinating place I have ever been to ..
This is my third book in my Linda Grey's list of books and as much as I read I feel like I want to read more
Kerry-Ann McDade
Jan 14, 2012 Kerry-Ann McDade rated it really liked it
In bed with a Stranger caught my attention from the very first moment I saw it in the shop which I bought it. With it's intriguing blurb I couldn't possibly put it back down on the shelf.

Read in just under 6 hours which I think that means I liked it! ALOT! well. . . maybe loved it! I started it just after midnight and finished it just before 5 in the morning.

In bed with a Stranger was without a doubt worthwhile staying up half the night for. Something which I haven't done in years!

India Grey h
Karen Wilson
Read this as a standalone and it was fine as is.

I think there was a lot of great points/plots in the story and I really wish this was expanded and turned into a longer; 325pg book. As is, a lot happened in such a short amount of time (a little over 3 weeks after 5 mos of separation) and of course given all that's happened, the main characters are bound to have issues.

Livia
Jan 23, 2012 Livia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final book in this series picks up exactly where the first book left off. Now engaged Sophie is adjusting to being alone now that Kit is off on active duty but scheduled to return shortly. Secrets continue to drive this story and it is midway through IN BED WITH A STRANGER that things start to unravel. Because the story becomes so intense at this point it is hard to put the book down. I did in the end have more respect for Sophie and of course I still love Kit Fitzroy. The two book series is ...more
Syntax787
Feb 02, 2013 Syntax787 rated it liked it
i didnt read the first book, i just read this one, but i dont think the first one would have helped this one. i found it boring and that it dragged. i really liked the epilogue, it was a cute ending to the story. sometimes thats all you really need. but thats really rare. its they type of book to read on a plane or something.
Jan 23, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this one was actually a bit of a twist. Sort-of.
I thought it was going to be more like a Blaze, based on the title, but the stranger was who she thought it was, there was just something off about him.

All in all, it was a really good read. Fast, but not too fast.
I liked it.
Diane
Feb 05, 2012 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
thank goodness--i finally found a recent hp that was eminently readable! the storyline is pertinent to today, and the plot twist--is the hero sick or not?--played an important part in the book as well. you could almost feel the hero's anguish as events unfolded.
Jennifer Antony
Nov 07, 2012 Jennifer Antony rated it liked it
The story plot kept me interesting. There was lack of communication between the couple after hero return from army. The after apologies and confession part was really good.
Odessa Nance
Oct 18, 2012 Odessa Nance rated it liked it
This book was okay. It did not keep my interest. I was very disappointed and ended up not finishing the book. It was just okay. Not really entertaining.
Alison
Apr 29, 2013 Alison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first part of the story (book 1 of the Fitzroys) and nice to revisit the relationship.
Harlequin Books
R
R marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Bose F
Bose F rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Azeela Afzal
Azeela Afzal marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Sabina Alilovic
Sabina Alilovic rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Maria Clara
Maria Clara marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Nata
Nata added it
Mar 31, 2016
Ruma Rashid
Ruma Rashid marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Lisa Clarke
Lisa Clarke rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Malutty
Malutty marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Shantie
Shantie marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester, #2)
  • With This Fling
  • Princess From the Past
  • A Tainted Beauty (What His Money Can't Buy #1)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Playboy of Puerto Banus
  • His Reputation Precedes Him (The Lyonedes Legacy, #2)
  • The French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (International Billionaires, #3)
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • The Man Every Woman Wants
India Grey was born in England, UK. A self-confessed romance junkie, she was just thirteen years old when she first sent away for the Mills & Boon Writers' Guidelines. She can still recall the thrill of getting the large brown envelope with its distinctive logo through the letterbox, and subsequently whiled away many a dull school-day staring out the window and dreaming of the perfect hero. Sh ...more
More about India Grey...

The Fitzroy Legacy (2 books)
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)