In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)

In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The ticking time bomb of their marriage

Sophie Greenham whirled into army officer Kit Fitzroy's life like a red-headed tornado, smashing through the walls surrounding his heart and changing his life for ever. Leaving his bubbly fiancée to return to the front line disposing of bombs was the harder thing Kit had ever done . . . .

When he returns home, their reunion is raw and...more
Published December 20th 2011 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In Bed with a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Bed with a Stranger

Saly
The second part and picks off when Kit returns home from a rough tour with loads of self-doubts but firm in his love for Sophie but he isn't sure that is enough.
We see the effects of war, his childhood and how a relationship progresses after the whole chemistry phase.

Kit does not want to talk and Sophie too has her problems. I love the whole sexy element of the book, Sophie is her usual happy self while Kit also doesn't change. So, no personality transplant. This was a very enjoyable two-parter.
Kate
I liked the second part of this duet because the hero and heroine are already in a happy committed relationship and have to weather those life obstacles that pull some couples apart.

Yeah, the hero isn't perfect. He shut down instead of talking to the heroine. He made the decision (view spoiler). But I think that it's these things that made hi...more
RLA
The hero Kit returns home after active military duty full of pain and guilt after an incident that left a fellow soldier injured. It has also left Kit doubting himself. However he doesn't doubt his love for Sophie, the heroine, and when they reunite it's full of passion. Kit struggles to get over the traumatic events and after even more long buried family secrets are revealed, he finds himself pulling further and further away from Sophie. It hurts Sophie that Kit won't talk to her, she has also...more
Honour
It's a very good thing I'm determined not to score India Grey's books against the larger literary works of the english novel writing world. While her writing is very good, her plots all have a feel of been there, worked that to death. Her saving grace is that she can bring these oft used tropes to new life.
Also, what is it about category romances that most of the suspense, drama and intrigue happen inside the characters' heads? There's always a misunderstanding, there's always lack of communicat...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Incredible follow up to Craving the Forbidden by India Grey one of my favorite Mills and Boon authors.
I usually don’t like reading about English heroes….prefer the Greek, Italian, French and South American guys but I have to admit I was blown over by Kit. So much more than your average English wimpy lords and dukes….he is gorgeous, strong, brooding, sexy (I mean the chocolate spread love scene made me swoon!!!)….what more can I say about this man??????
Sophie – wow this is my kind of woman…..gor...more
Julie Cohen
I sometimes get frustrated when I read a series romance, when I fall in love with the characters but the book is so short that I don't get to know them well enough. India Grey's mini-mini-series (Craving the Forbidden and In Bed with a Stranger) was a good cure for that. Both books are about the same couple, and they deal with two parts of their relationship...the first, dizzying attraction part when it's all about will they or won't they get together, and the second, more intense part when they...more
Tawnya
In Bed With A Stranger was a good sequel to Craving The Forbidden. We got to know Kit and Sophie a lot better and see the mysteries in their lives start to become clearer.
Kerry-Ann McDade
In bed with a Stranger caught my attention from the very first moment I saw it in the shop which I bought it. With it's intriguing blurb I couldn't possibly put it back down on the shelf.

Read in just under 6 hours which I think that means I liked it! ALOT! well. . . maybe loved it! I started it just after midnight and finished it just before 5 in the morning.

In bed with a Stranger was without a doubt worthwhile staying up half the night for. Something which I haven't done in years!

India Grey h...more
Karen Wilson
Read this as a standalone and it was fine as is.

I think there was a lot of great points/plots in the story and I really wish this was expanded and turned into a longer; 325pg book. As is, a lot happened in such a short amount of time (a little over 3 weeks after 5 mos of separation) and of course given all that's happened, the main characters are bound to have issues.

Livia
The final book in this series picks up exactly where the first book left off. Now engaged Sophie is adjusting to being alone now that Kit is off on active duty but scheduled to return shortly. Secrets continue to drive this story and it is midway through IN BED WITH A STRANGER that things start to unravel. Because the story becomes so intense at this point it is hard to put the book down. I did in the end have more respect for Sophie and of course I still love Kit Fitzroy. The two book series is...more
Syntax787
i didnt read the first book, i just read this one, but i dont think the first one would have helped this one. i found it boring and that it dragged. i really liked the epilogue, it was a cute ending to the story. sometimes thats all you really need. but thats really rare. its they type of book to read on a plane or something.
Okay, this one was actually a bit of a twist. Sort-of.
I thought it was going to be more like a Blaze, based on the title, but the stranger was who she thought it was, there was just something off about him.

All in all, it was a really good read. Fast, but not too fast.
I liked it.
Diane
thank goodness--i finally found a recent hp that was eminently readable! the storyline is pertinent to today, and the plot twist--is the hero sick or not?--played an important part in the book as well. you could almost feel the hero's anguish as events unfolded.
Jennifer Antony
The story plot kept me interesting. There was lack of communication between the couple after hero return from army. The after apologies and confession part was really good.
Odessa Nance
This book was okay. It did not keep my interest. I was very disappointed and ended up not finishing the book. It was just okay. Not really entertaining.
Alison
Better than the first part of the story (book 1 of the Fitzroys) and nice to revisit the relationship.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fitzroy Legacy
Carmela
Carmela marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Valeria
Valeria marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Ltlmer2
Ltlmer2 marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
India Grey was born in England, UK. A self-confessed romance junkie, she was just thirteen years old when she first sent away for the Mills & Boon Writers' Guidelines. She can still recall the thrill of getting the large brown envelope with its distinctive logo through the letterbox, and subsequently whiled away many a dull school-day staring out the window and dreaming of the perfect hero. Sh...more
More about India Grey...
Her Last Night of Innocence Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1) Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3) The Society Wife Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper