Two Little Gardeners

Two Little Gardeners

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Children will enjoy this story of a young brother and sister who plant seeds that will result, after much hard work and patience, in a bountiful garden! It teaches that good things come to those who wait, and features a little song at the end of the book: “What We Plant in the Spring We Eat in the Fall.”
Published January 10th 2006 by Golden Books (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about Two Little Gardeners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Little Gardeners

Connie
I like this story a lot, about how the gardeners make their vegetable garden and how they store the food for winter. There's a song at the end of it, too.

Unfortunately, the gold tape that binds the book is very poorly glued on and is already peeling off after only a few months (and we haven't read it *that* often, either).

I've seen older Golden Books without this problem, but the newer editions almost universally seem to have this issue :(
Josiah
A nice story, as are all of Margaret Wise Brown's books. This could very well be a good specialized read for those among the very young who are interested in gardens, gardeners and gardening.
Pleasant, comforting sentence rhythm makes this picture book a delight to read out loud. Vivid details bring a garden to life as a character. One of my favorite picture books.
Ellen
This is a Golden Book Classic. I especially like the song at the end of the book.
Lucy
This is a beautiful little golden book that will inspire canning.
Samira
A childhood favorite.
M
M marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jennifer Andrew
Jennifer Andrew marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Amanda Perez
Amanda Perez marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Caroline Tan
Caroline Tan marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Amber
Amber added it
Jan 25, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn added it
Dec 31, 2013
Amanda C
Amanda C marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Amy
Amy added it
Dec 02, 2013
Megan
Megan added it
Sep 13, 2013
Andrea Seimears
Andrea Seimears marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p...more
More about Margaret Wise Brown...
Goodnight Moon The Runaway Bunny Big Red Barn Home for a Bunny The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book)