Start by marking “Three Moons Over Sedona” as Want to Read:
Three Moons Over Sedona

Three Moons Over Sedona

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  651 ratings  ·  94 reviews
Georgia Mae Brown has always lived an ordinary life. That is, until her husband dies in the arms of a younger woman. Six weeks after his death, Georgia slides behind the wheel of her husband’s beloved 1976 Fleetwood convertible, starts the engine and just keeps driving. Empowered by a volatile mix of freedom and retribution, Georgia begins a journey of a lifetime.

Travelin
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 314 pages
Published March 10th 2009 by Rock House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Three Moons Over Sedona, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Moons Over Sedona

Kathy
When I got this free ebook, I thought it would be a nice read about an area that has always intrigued me - Sedona, AZ. When I finally got to reading the book I found myself a recent widow like the main character. And while my husband had died suddenly of a heart attack, hers had died in the middle of an affair (that apparently many people in her small Midwestern town knew about but had not told her.) One morning she decides to run an errand using her husband's car - one she was never allowed to ...more
Cat
Sherry Hartzler has the potential to do with the Sedona, AZ area what Dorothea Benton Frank has done with South Carolina's Low Country. Like the Low Country, Sedona is a unique and colorful area and like Benton Frank, Hartzler's main character is a woman with a problem, trying to find a way to solve it. It's a warm, cozy read, good for the beach or a rainy weekend at home.

I did find some of the situations a little improbable, and the relationship between her older leader character, a woman in h
Tom Park
At first I thought I had made a major mistake in downloading this to my Kindle. As best I thought it might be sce-fi or fantasy. Twas neither. After getting into the story (hate to quite reading even poor stuff) I found that I was thoroughly enjoying the lead character and the many characters who she encountered. I will admit that I was close when guessing the final outcomes, but not entirely and that made the story all the more enjoyable. It is a quick read.
Beth
This was a free Kindle Book and I thought what the heck I would try it. I was surprised. As I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I don't know if it was because it started out in an area that I am familar with, the fact that Georgia is my age, or that I decided right from the start that there was a really amazing woman inside of her that she didn't know exsisted. This is a very well written book, I look forward to reading more from this author.
Melly
Jan 31, 2013 Melly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People starting over
Loved it. Couldn't put it down. Inspiration for those needing to start over. Life is ours to live, so live, breathe it all in to the fullest.
Robin Marie
Sweet, sometimes cheesy, often improbable, but all around a nice, warm story about learning to be vulnerable.
Danny
First off...let me say that I gave this three stars but I feel that it could very well be a four star read for someone better suited to judge. Though I do find a four star book a rare find for me, I felt the 3 star tag coming from a male about a female directed book, I felt that I may be short changing the authors abilities here. So with that in mind..

Georgia Mae Brown wanted out of her life. No rush. She'd already waited fifty-three years. Before leaving the house that April morning, she paused
Laurel-Rain
When Georgia Mae Brown's husband Ed died unexpectedly, and in somewhat sleazy circumstances, her life became one of loss, pain, and humiliation. But when she also discovered a secret stash of money, she sees a door opening to new possibilities. So on a day in April, Georgia literally walks out of her life. The boring, painful, predictable life in Columbus, Ohio.

It starts as an impulsive plan to drive to the grocery store, but she keeps going. Not sure where the journey will lead, she is excited
Java Davis
I love a good road trip and this one was terrific. The ultimate road trip fantasy is finding your happy place at the end of the road, and I loved that Georgia Mae Brown found just that. The female characters had the usual highs and lows. What made this book different for me was that the men were, for the most part, likable, good men.

Another thing I enjoy is when a book includes favorite recipes. Much of the action takes place at a diner, and the diner's recipes for its two best-regarded items ar
Diane
While this book had substance, it was also a lot of fun. Six weeks after the funeral for her husband, who had had a massive heart attack on his boat with his mistress, Georgia Mae Brown takes his 1976 Fleetwood Cadillac to the store, but continues on out of town and out the interstate. From a gas station conversation with a woman from Arizona, Georgia ends up setting off for Sedona, Arizona--to the outrage of her daughter. Shortly after her arrival, she finds herself a job, an apartment, and two ...more
Gloria Bernal
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Characters seemed very real and easy to relate to. I always enjoy reading about women who bake and women who take chances on life and love. Georgia was very likable, gutsy, and a pleasure to get to know. She shows us that it is possible to have a better life on the other side of "the hill."

I wonder how many women have thought of doing just that... Getting in the car and just driving until one finds a place you want to be. Sedona was waiting for her and she found her tru
Martha Treder
This was an enjoyable read. It is nice to see an older main character. Georgia, who is in her early 50's thought she was going to the grocery store, however something just gave way and she decided to take a trip in her dead husband's favorite car. She ends up in Sedona, Arizona where she meets Trish and Zoe. They become fast friends in spite of their age differences. Some of the plot points were a bit contrived, however it did not detract from the story overly much. I would certainly recommend t ...more
Diane
a really good book about a woman who buries her husband of 35 years after discovering that he was having an affair and hiding money from her. she takes that money and HIS car, and goes on a journey to find herself. needless to say, her kids don't approve of this, which eggs her on to stay away and make a new life for herself in the process. she makes really good friends, the first she's had for a long time, since she had basically devoted her life, while married, to her husband, his store, and t ...more
Valerie
I found that I really liked this book. It's not an adventure book, or a thriller, but it's a well-written story about a fairly young widowed woman finally coming into her own after the death of her husband. I freely admit that I love character-driven novels, so I'm not saying that everyone will find it as enjoyable as I did, but I definitely suggest you give it a shot. Very pleasant way to spend a few hours.
Sharon Storm
Well written story about a woman living in Ohio who unexpectedly goes to Sedona after her husband dies. She makes a new life for herself, which includes a lot of soul-searching, laughter and tears. Her new friends and two adult children also have trials and triumphs. Predictable at times, and a little sappy at the end, but quite enjoyable overall. Would definitely read more from this author.
Jean Galloway
I was quite surprised by this book didn't expect it to be so good the word Sedona attracted me because I just read another book where the setting was in Sedona Arizona. Excellent book. I just love easy reads and books and I can relate to
Katherine
I liked the book. It was a good read. I cannot wait to try the recipes. I like how a person can do what they want. How a person can come in and change people's lives.
Melanie Hensleigh
I loved this book. It was a great get away escape read. I felt like I made new friends in the characters of this book. I look forward to another from this author.
Janell Barney
I loved this story and the women in it - I know I have read a good book when I wonder what happens in the characters life after the book ended.
Patricia Poupart
A very enjoyable read! I love Sedona and the southwest and could relate to the places and surroundings so well described in this book!
Tammy
Sweet mid-life romance where a recent widow builds a new life for herself in Sedona. Sweet, charming, life affirming novel.
Melanie
I cried and I laughed throughout the book. The friendship between Georgia and the girls was wonderful, the girls were a hoot.
Debbie
I really enjoyed this book. It's all about stepping out and taking a chance, living outside the boxes we create for ourselves.
Jen
I loved the characters...I loved the journey on which this story carried me. This is a poignant and beautiful read.
Ann Babcock
Great book! A super story about starting over! Great story line and characters! Someday I want to read again!
Doreen Hartshorn
I just re-read this book and it is so good. It's very positive and up-lifting and just a really comfortable read.
Julia
I loved this book! The characters were amazing and I loved the story. Definitely a keeper!
Holly
This was a good story about finding yourself and staying true to the person that you find.
Sandy Sandmeyer
A nice story of a woman learning to live her life after her husband's untimely and awkward death.
Esther
Light read, but still good character development with twists and turns.
  • Country Girls
  • A Change of Heart
  • Malaika
  • The Naked Gardener
  • Whispers from the Ashes
  • Truffles By The Sea (Chocolate Series Book 2)
  • Searching For Meredith Love
  • The Twelfth Child (Serendipity #1)
  • Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise (Bright's Pond #2)
  • Death Is a Relative Thing