Start by marking “Island Passage” as Want to Read:
Island Passage

Island Passage

A novel about friendship, mothers/daughters and an old love. Devastated by her husband’s infidelity, Francine Durret flees her upscale suburban home with her angry fifteen-year-old daughter, returning to the island house, where she'd spent childhood summers with her best friend, Claudia Angelo. Francine hopes to heal a broken heart, re-connect with her daughter, and ...more
Published August 10th 2010 by Rock House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Island Passage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Passage

Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
Oct 04, 2012 Newbee (JoAnn) Brown rated it it was amazing
Excelent and emotional storry of love,life and consequences!

I love the way France and Claudia became fast friends on that first day.

I love the way the author protrade how real life is, complicated and simple all at the same time! How life always circles back to where it should be no matter what happens in the middle.... Of youth, mistakes and how life always will get it right in the end!

This book will remind you of your life some how... It will fill you with every emotion posible... It will remi
Shirley Ford
Mar 16, 2013 Shirley Ford rated it really liked it
I picked this book as a holiday read and found it very easy to get into. It is a good story with a mother/daughter relationship running through. Francine is devastated when her husband leaves her for a younger model, so takes her teenage daughter and runs to her mother's island holiday home, where she has such happy memories. The relationship between Francine and her mother is strained, so unbeknown to her, her mother calls on Francine's best friend Claudia to come and stay, while she herself ...more
Beth
Jan 29, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Three Moons Over Sedona so much that I went looking for another book by Sherry Hartzler. Island Passage didn't disappoint me. Set in my neck of the woods, South Bass and Middle Bass Island, I really enjoyed another tale of a 40 something woman restarting or regaining her life. For a virtual unknown author, she is really a good writer. I look forward to reading her again.
Debbie
Jun 22, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
It was a nice story of recovery, letting go and reawakening.
Miki
May 25, 2012 Miki added it
Jenn
May 01, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This book wasn't bad. It wasn't great. It was adequate. The writing was fine. The story was quite predictable. It read like it wanted to be a romance, but the romance part felt boring. I didn't see the attraction to Alan in the least. I liked how we got perspectives on lots of different characters, but in the end, there were too many issues and most of them weren't fleshed out enough for my liking.
Kathy
Mar 30, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
This was a novel about a woman that flees with her daughter to an island she spent a lot of her childhood on when she learns of her husband's infidelity. She reunites with a guy who she always had a crush on and falls in love with him. Her childhood friend comes back into the picture to help her recover from losing her husband. Of course she has an angry daughter and the story evolves around all of them. Good quick novel that keeps you interested in the characters.
Janine Bourdo
Mar 19, 2012 Janine Bourdo rated it really liked it
Janet Paventy
Aug 23, 2015 Janet Paventy rated it really liked it
An enjoyable contemporary women's book. No mystery, no murder, just an interesting story about women and their relationships - mothers, daughters, best friends, lovers, husbands and ex-husbands. Recommended for a relaxing day -or days- when you're not in the mood for serial killers.
Lisa Girard
May 30, 2013 Lisa Girard rated it it was ok
pleasant story of coming of age due to your husband's mid-life crisis, rediscover of one's self and the female relationships of mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
Amy
May 09, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Probably 2.5 stars. Another kindle freebie. Another mindless read. Pretty predictable. Characters were likeable.
Megan Glass
Megan Glass rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Sharon Armstrong
Sharon Armstrong rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Jennifer Beckstead
Jennifer Beckstead rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2013
pcb
pcb rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Pamela Schledwitz
Pamela Schledwitz rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Joanne Sinclair
Joanne Sinclair rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Jennifer Kaatz
Jennifer Kaatz rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Ronie
Ronie rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Dina Olson
Dina Olson rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2012
MESabin
MESabin rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Karen Flinn
Karen Flinn rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Donna Bubniak
Donna Bubniak rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
geri heller
geri heller rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Charlie
Charlie rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
May 31, 2013
Cathleen
Cathleen rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013