Start by marking “Ecocomposition: Theoretical and Pedagogical Approaches” as Want to Read:
Ecocomposition: Theoretical and Pedagogical Approaches

Ecocomposition: Theoretical and Pedagogical Approaches

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Ecocomposition examines current trends in universities toward more environmentally sound work, explores the intersections between composition research that is, discourse studies and ecostudies, and offers possible pedagogies for the composition classroom. Never before have the intersections between ecotheory and composition studies in theory and pedagogy been addressed in ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by State University of New York Press

To ask other readers questions about Ecocomposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ecocomposition

Robyn
Jun 07, 2010 Robyn rated it really liked it
So I had no idea what ecocomposition was before reading this book. A friend of mine was reading it a year or two ago and I assumed the title referred to "environmental stuff." The intro to this book assures me that this is a common misconception, but that in reality, "ecology" is not just about "environmental stuff," but the idea of interrelated systems. Everything is part of a system and influences and is influenced by the system and everything else in it.

I came to this book looking for stuff
Emily
Jan 23, 2015 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: pedagogy
Scholarly and useful but ultimately too many essays on the same narrow topic so that the reading experience became all about minor distinctions. I also think it is a genre trait that writing on pedagogy is preachy, and doubly so when it's environmentalist pedagogy.
Cathie
Jul 14, 2008 Cathie rated it it was amazing
This book has impacted me more this year than any other. It helped me conceptualize the idea of having an 'ecological self' and that has helped me in my discussion of place based education. Once again, if you care about sustainability, you should read this book.
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2013
Maria
Maria added it
Mar 02, 2012
Angela S
Angela S rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2011
Angela Gaskell
Angela Gaskell marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2010
Marilee
Marilee rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2009
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2009
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2007