Start by marking “The Anatomy of Israel's Survival” as Want to Read:
The Anatomy of Israel's Survival

The Anatomy of Israel's Survival

The question ?Can Israel survive?OCO has echoed loud for Israelis?and Jews, their supporters and adversaries worldwide?since the Holocaust. The recent upheavals in Egypt, Tunisia and beyond have raised it anew. Israeli journalist and security analyst Hirsh Goodman set out to answer it, through rigorous factual assessment of each of the challenges his country faces, and by ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by PublicAffairs (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Anatomy of Israel's Survival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anatomy of Israel's Survival

Tara van Beurden
For a subject on religion, politics and globalization, I chose to do an assignment on the Israel/Palestine conflict, mostly cause it was a topic I heard a lot about, but knew very little. This was one of the books I borrowed from the University library to reference, and I made a rather silly decision to read the complete book once I’d finished the subject. It took me a long time, and a library fine later to get that, mostly because I’ve been busy with a new job. This book asks the fairly valid q ...more
Marc
Feb 25, 2016 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a concise, well written analysis of Israel, it's issues weaknesses and strengths. Overall it paints a positive future for the country provided that they acheive a settlement with the Palestinians. Goodman manages to deliver the message with an economy of words and the book is an easy and interesting read. There were some revelations for me, particularly in the area of Israeli politics and political parties.
Cheryl Zaleski
Putting this one down about twenty pages into it. Feels too much like propaganda to me at the moment, and I'm only looking for some historical perspective. Maybe I'll pick it up again at some later time...
Brent Robins
Aug 07, 2013 Brent Robins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting book. There's a lot of useful information and Goodman is very thorough in the topics that he covers. I'm not crazy about his writing style though. It sometimes feels tedious and laborious. I learned a lot, but it took me a while to get through the book because of the style.
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2011
Dara
Dara rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Hannah Burrows
Hannah Burrows rated it did not like it
Apr 28, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Alex Thompson
Alex Thompson rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2017
Ryan Wulfsohn
Ryan Wulfsohn rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Paul Medew
Paul Medew rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Nolan Roshuk
Nolan Roshuk rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Jamie Rodrigues
Jamie Rodrigues rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Eli
Eli rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Jonathan Mamane
Jonathan Mamane rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Ian
Jan 12, 2012 Ian rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
A decent look at some of the issues confronting Israel. Not the best reading book.
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Thierry Wasserman
Thierry Wasserman rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2014
Thebookmistress
Thebookmistress marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2011
Zara
Zara marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2011
Malak
Malak marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2012
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
JD
JD marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Tema Smith
Tema Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Chris M.
Chris M. marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Howard Welsh
Howard Welsh is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2014
Jan
Jan added it
Sep 22, 2014
Hasan Brusk
Hasan Brusk marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Tzipora
Tzipora marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Giovonni E
Giovonni E marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016