Start by marking “One in a Million: One in a Million\A Dad for Her Twins” as Want to Read:
One in a Million: One in a Million\A Dad for Her Twins

One in a Million: One in a Million\A Dad for Her Twins

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  628 ratings  ·  39 reviews
One in a million—that's what widow Stephanie Wynne figured her chances were of finding a man who could help her raise her kids instead of acting like one himself. After experiencing that with her late husband, she was happy to finally be in control of her own life. Sure, it could get a little lonely, but there were ways around that….

FBI negotiator Nash Harmon was trained t
Published February 28th 2012 by Harlequin (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Million, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Million

JoAnne
I really enjoyed both of these books. In One, widow Stephanie Wynne runs a B&B. Nash Harmon is staying there while in town to meet some half-brothers and a half-sister he and his twin brother never knew. He is on a mandatory vacation from the FBI. He is attracted to Stephanie and it surprises him because he has not felt that way towards a woman since his wife was killed. Will he act on these feelings? Will Stephanie feel the same way?

In A Dad, Kenzie and her nine year old twins are moving to
Anna
Nice story and I enjoyed it, but the relationship started a little to quickly and the story itself was short. It's definitely a quick read.
Kate McMurry
Kindle re-issue of two romances about single-mothers with twins

I hadn't read either of these authors before and discovered them through a link recommendation on Amazon. This is a Kindle edition, "two-for" deal. Susan Mallery's One in a Million was originally published in 2003, and A Dad for Her Twins by Tanya Michaels was originally published in 2008. This Kindle edition is well formatted and edited.

In One in a Million, 33-year-old widow, Stephanie Wynne, has kept a secret from her eight-year-ol
Sally Kilpatrick
Gotta respect a book that starts with a frazzled mom and a broken washer. Mallery's book stars a widow and a widower, both of whom have been emotionally damaged as much by their former spouses as by their respective deaths. Stephanie, mother of three, is still trying to hold her bed and breakfast together and thoroughly convinced she doesn't need another man in her life because he'd be a fourth kid instead of a partner. Nash, an FBI negotiator, is in town to meet a long-lost family he isn't even ...more
steph
Both these books were cute. I was having a blue day yesterday and I needed something to not only distract me, but also put a smile on my face and both these two stories delivered in that aspect.

-:-
One in a Million by Susan Mallery.

3 stars.

+ Cute concept. FBI agent ordered to take a vacation. Goes to meet the half siblings he never knew. Stays at single mother of three boys B&B. He's the only guest. You can guess the rest.
+ The characters were good. I like how Nash connected to Stephanie's t
Darcy
I was shocked when I picked up this book from the library, it was over 500 pages, not usual for a Mallery book. At closer look I realized it was an old Mallery book, along with a bonus book by an author that I hadn't read, what a great surprise!

The Mallery book was sweet. I loved the craziness of the new found extended family. All of the brothers had such and easy going nature to welcome in all of these surprise siblings, it was nice. I also really liked that they all were concerned about turnin
Melissa
Jessica
This review pertains only to One In A Million. I haven't yet read Tanya Michaels' story, the second in this omnibus edition.

Single mom Stephanie Wynne and widowed Nash Harmon are at the center of this Susan Mallery romance. She gives them a quintessentially cute how we met: he stays at the b&b she runs. As with any good single parent story, Nash develops a sweet relationship with each of her three sons as well as having bonded with her.

Though I keep forgetting, these omnibus edition stories
HÜLYA
Cok güzeldi okurken cok duygulandim.
Jenn Cunha
Two books, so two reviews.

One in a Million is everything I love about Susan Mallery. I loved the description of the B&B and I love the giant family that built because the dad was such a womanizer. I'm going to have to do some research and find the rest of the family's books.

A Dad for her Twins would only get 3 stars. It seemed a little disjointed to me. I needed more information about the sister and Mrs. Sanchez. I wanted to hear more about Seth and about the relationship with Mick. I did en
Harman
OMG! How does this woman write so many books and not have one that I ultimately hate? Sure there are some that disappointed me, but I've never had one that didn't make me smile or race to finish it. I didn't really like the setting of the B&B in this book. Come on? Really? Otherwise I loved the story. I loved how at the end Nash came back with a huge entrance. In a helicopter! I wish he had gotten down on one knee and had a ring and all that when he proposed, but I guess not all wishes come ...more
Book  Guardian
I liked the Susan Mallery book a lot more than the other one. To echo other reviewers, two books about single moms that seem kind of alike in premise was maybe one too many. I read it on the airplane and honestly didn't finish...and I'm not the non-finish type of girl. Although I thought the details in the SM book were further out of reality, I like her style of writing better.
Char (1RadReader59)
I enjoyed both stories but I have to say I enjoyed the first story the best. This was the first story from Tantamount Michaels although it was slow at times the story was one I could relate to in some ways. I loved Kenzies sister Ann & JT's friend Sean. Would like to read a story about him. More carefree. As for JT who was depressed for a lot of the story. In the end a good book.
Amy
Both of these stories were wonderful. Tanya Michaels was a wonderful surprise. I like it when the handsome men turn out to be vulnerable just like the rest of us. The kids in each story were wonderful comic relief in some instances and I could relate to their feelings a time or two myself. I look forward to reading more of Tanya's stories in the future.
Michelle
Pretty good. I don't think I'll be as big a fan of hers as I am of Jill Shalvis, Kristan Higgins, or Susan Elizabeth Phillips, but certainly as good an escape as any. I think single moms would really appreciate her books more than I would, if these two stories are any indication of what she normally writes about.
Just - The romance reader
Both (One In A Million & A Dad For Her Twins) were very enjoyable reads. One In A Million had some definite steamy scenes, Susan Mallery impressed me with those, wasn't expecting so much steam from her. My favorite of the two novellas was A Dad For Her Twins.
Did not realize that this was two books in one. Greatly enjoyed "One in a Million." Well-balanced writing. "A Dad for Her Twins" was slightly more stilted, but perhaps it was because they were paired, so you could see the similarities in story-line.
Gayle
I only read One In a Million as the second novella (A Dad for Her Twins) was not written by Susan Mallery). But One In a Million was the usual perfect delish Susan Mallery. Golly gosh, I could just read her forever!
Lori Morse
Amazingly parallel to my own life--the husband, the first child's name, I could see a lot of my own experience in Stephanie. Now I'm just hoping that a tall, dark and handsome person comes into my life....
Beth Owens
Good story all around, very engaging and always a happy ending. Makes you believe that there are men out there that are actually willing to do their part.
Cara
I enjoyed it. Not sure why exactly I'm not giving it a four. I guess it just doesn't seem as rounded as I'd like.
Pamela
Enjoyable read. Bonus book (Dad for her Twins) also enjoyable. Fun, enjoyable characters, real to life.
Tara
2 great stories about single moms with multiple kids who evetually find love and the dads their kids need.
Rosie Comia
One In A Million by Susan Mallery & A Dad For Her Twins by Tanya Michaels

A feel good read.
Marnie
Wouldn't we all like a happily ever after in our lives? Enjoyable easy romance read.
Mum
It must be the year of twins and and mothers without partners! Both were cute stories.
Miranda
This was an utterly cheesy Harlequin but just what I needed after a depressing few days.
Vicki
I liked it , fast read a good summer read .......
Kathy
Apr 26, 2012 Kathy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Both books really fun to read.
Heather
This was hugely disappointing.
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • One More Summer
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
  • Only Forever: Only Forever\Thunderbolt over Texas
  • Alone with You (Kowalski Family, #6.5)
  • Baby, Come Home (Southern Roads, #2)
  • The M.D. She Had To Marry (Bravo Family, #6) (Conveniently Yours, #6)
  • The Bridesmaid
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Candy Kisses
  • My Kind of Christmas  (Virgin River, #20)
  • Cowboy at Midnight (Fortunes of Texas: Reunion #1)
  • Strong Enough to Love (Jackson, #1.6)
  • Carly Phillips's Simply Series Bundle
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • The Other Soldier (Castle Creek, #1)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come ...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4) Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)