Start by marking “It's a Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women” as Want to Read:
It's a Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women

It's a Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Based on questions from women who have attended author David Deida's highly acclaimed relationships seminars, this must-have book puts male behavior under the microscope. Included are chapters on sex, work, relationships and communication. Interspersed throughout are sidebars that shed light on the many faces of men and help women grasp what makes them act the way they do.
Published January 1st 2010 by Health Communications (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about It's a Guy Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Guy Thing

Hilz
excerpts from It's a Guy Thing by David Deida. Thank you to my friend Kristi for leading me to his writing. From this particular book, there wasn't alot to take away... but much of it was a good reminder.

"If you want a man who will gift you with strong masculine integrity, passion and humor, then relax your feminine energy and you will attract him. If you want a man who will not interfere with your life as it is, who will not make loving demands of you so much as offer emotional support and acce
Hillaree
At first you will think this is not me! I'm feminine! Think again...I have found that over the years I have developed more masculine energy being in the work force which is great but it's learning how to nurture both and not loose your true core self. I would recommend this book to any woman and the author has written a book for the guys.
Verena
just good to be reminded that I'm a woman and not a man, sometimes we women tend to slip and stay in the masculine role. We need to slip into this role sometimes in order to survive, but I think we women also should learn to stay as feminin as possible in this role. Frankly I do feel more at home when I am in touch with my femine side
Harry
Excellent book. Much softer feel compared to his book "The Way of the Superior Man," likely he did that on purpose. I would recommend this book for most women. If you are a business women or a women of power I suggest reading "The Way of the Superior Man" first.
Anne
All of his books are eye openers. If you really want to try and understand men then begin with this one. You will not be sorry. He is so succinct and devoid of bullshit. He loves women and he understands us. Now he can help us understand the boys.
Elin Barnes
This is probably the worst book I have ever read. It feels like a really bad stream of consciousness. And the metaphors... Oh My God, they are embarrassing (even to read)!
Whitney Forgie
This book is an eye opener to women. It helped me understand my dad better, but also being a newly wed it helped me understand John better! It's like a secret manual to men!
Patty
Basic and revealing examples of how men think. All women should read this!!!
Veneta
David deida has such great insight on men, energy and psychology
Andrea
"Read to page 96 out of 257- repetitious" -Feb 2010
Sheena
really good, this guy knows A LOT about how both women and men work, and not just superficially, but to our core...amazing!
Samantha Chong
Samantha Chong is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2015
Rostik Danil
Rostik Danil marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Jamie Balesteri
Jamie Balesteri marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Maor
Maor added it
Jun 19, 2015
Ayon
Ayon marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Yara
Yara marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Effy
Effy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Catalina Delgado
Catalina Delgado marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Petra
Petra is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
  • Dreaming Up America
  • The Pine Island Paradox
  • Date or Soul Mate?: How to Know If Someone Is Worth Pursuing in Two Dates or Less
  • Growing a Farmer: How I Learned to Live Off the Land
  • Midlife Crisis at 30
  • Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women
  • Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • You Want Fries with That?: A White-Collar Burnout Experiences Life at Minimum Wage
  • Blackstock's Collections: The Drawings of an Artistic Savant
  • Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
  • Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men
  • Life Is Short And So Is This Book
  • The Fear Project: What Our Most Primal Emotion Taught Me About Survival, Success, Surfing . . . and Love
  • Act Accordingly
  • How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!
  • The Art of Friendship: 70 Simple Rules for Making Meaningful Connections
  • Lives of the Artists: Volume 1
  • Teach Yourself Stoicism and the Art of Happiness
David Deida is an American author who writes about the sexual and spiritual relationship between men and women.[1] His ten books have been published in 25 languages. He conducts spiritual growth and intimacy workshops and is one of the many founding associates at the Integral Institute. He has conducted research and taught classes at the University of California at Santa Cruz, Lexington Institute ...more
More about David Deida...
The Way Of The Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire Dear Lover: A Woman's Guide to Men, Sex, and Love's Deepest Bliss Blue Truth: A Spiritual Guide to Life & Death and Love & Sex The Enlightened Sex Manual: Sexual Skills for the Superior Lover Intimate Communion