Start by marking “Lulu's Busy Day” as Want to Read:
Lulu's Busy Day

Lulu's Busy Day

In this charming sequel to Hello, Lulu, young readers are invited to join Lulu for a busy day of activity. Focusing on the comfortably familiar routines that toddlers and preschoolers will recognize and relate to, Caroline Uff uses vibrant, color-saturated illustrations and a refreshingly simple text to connect with the youngest readers and draw them into Lulu's world.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published March 1st 2004 by Walker Childrens (first published March 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Lulu's Busy Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lulu's Busy Day

unperspicacious
Aug 02, 2012 unperspicacious rated it it was amazing
A firm favourite since 6 months, up til now (11.5 months). Lulu's face is slightly just under life-size (of an infant), and sometimes takes up almost a third of each page. This seems to have gotten our son into believing that Lulu is for real! He consistently lets out a little happy scream every time Lulu's smiling face appears on the starting page.

The colours are truly out of this world. LSD-ish. Great stuff.
Julia Miller
Lulu is a perfectly normal little girl who goes through activities all small children could relate to. The text is clear, with about a sentence per page, making it well suited to read-alouds and early emergent readers. What would make me inclined to include this in a book box for preschool to primary students is that Lulu is dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes, with no specified race or blatent racialization of her through culturally stereotypical clothing. Because of this, I think it woul ...more
Tiffany
Jan 23, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Good lord, how many books are there out there about kids and their "busy days"? Although this is a bit young for my son, who is four, he picked it out at the library and so I suffered through yet another "busy day" which is actually little more than just an average day for a kid. At least Lulu is a cute name.
Phuong Dao
Dec 04, 2010 Phuong Dao rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindergarten
This book is about a little girl name Lulu who is enjoying her day outside and inside the house. Lulu always kep herself busy by playing on a swing, playing in the rain with her friens, and showering with alot of bubbles. This book is good to teach beginner reader because it has a few words only and it repeat itself.
Bianca
Oct 09, 2010 Bianca rated it it was amazing
Rating based on my three year old nieces reaction to the book.

She sat patiently and listened to the whole book without interruption which is a really good thing. Also, when we were done she immediately said she wanted to read it again. This shows just how amazing she thought the book was.
Ellias
Jun 11, 2013 Ellias rated it really liked it
I can really identify with Lulu and all the things she does in her busy day, like color, swing, eat dinner, and take a bath. I totally dig the cool stuff she finds at the park, like a snail, a flower, and-OMG-a worm!
Gervy
Feb 26, 2012 Gervy rated it really liked it
Both of my kids have loved this book, the eventful sequel to "Hello, Lulu".
Amanda
Sep 03, 2008 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-s-books
A cute look at all the things a toddler might do in a day. DS seemed to like it. We'll see if it becomes one that he requests again and again after being read.
Sophie Landrum
Sophie Landrum rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2007
Amy Katherine
Amy Katherine rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
~*mandy*~
~*mandy*~ rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2012
Danny
Danny rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Jael
Jael rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Shemsi
Shemsi rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2009
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Emily Myhren
Emily Myhren rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Kaylee
Kaylee rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Quynh
Quynh rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2007
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Amanda Burrow
Amanda Burrow rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2014
Charlotte Kikel
Charlotte Kikel rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2013
Shemsi
Shemsi rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2009
Gabrielle Ferry
Gabrielle Ferry rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was ok
May 03, 2012
Annamarie Carlson
Annamarie Carlson rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015