Eternal Blood (Mark of the Vampire, #2.5)

Eternal Blood (Mark of the Vampire #2.5)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  492 ratings  ·  51 reviews
An Original Mark of the Vampire Novella
Gray Donahue is crippled by the guilt he feels for his father's death. An Impure vampire cursed with the ability to hear the thoughts of others, he indulges in blood and sex to stave off the pain of his existence. He is then abducted by the Eternal Order of Vampires, who subject him to a nightmarish ritual. But when he is rescued by...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Penguin Group (first published January 1st 2012)

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTaking a Shot by Jaci BurtonChanging the Game by Jaci BurtonBearing All by Tiffinie HelmerLover Mine by J.R. Ward
Cover-Only Male Chests-All Genres
67th out of 230 books — 64 voters
Rift Healer by Diane M. HaynesLove Chosen by Marne Ann KirkAwaited by Lynn RushMedusa, A Love Story by Sasha SummersTaste by Kate Evangelista
Good Books To Read In 2012
112th out of 331 books — 160 voters

More lists with this book...

Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
A quick bite that will leave you craving more!

Without purpose and guilt eating away at him, Impure vampire Gray Donahue lives for nothing more than blood and sex. Cursed with the ability to hear other’s thoughts it is the only way to make his existence bearable. Even fighting for the cause of his fellow Impures cannot sway Gray from his current course. But when the Order flashes him out of a promiscuous limo ride and into one of their barbaric rituals, and the veana that Gray can’t get out of hi...more
Kelly
Apr 06, 2012 Kelly rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of PNR
Shelves: kindle
Like all the books in "The Mark of the Vampire" series, I loved this short story by Laura Wright. I've been wanting to learn more about Gray Donahue and this helped shed some light on his character and his relationship with the intriguing Dillon. The next book in the series, "Eternal Beast" , is about Gray and Dillon. It's due to be released in August and I for one can't wait! ( Note:It would be a great birthday present for me that month!!!)
If you haven't read any of the books from the series y...more
May Mostly Romance
เล่มนี้เป็นเล่มอยู่ตรงกลางระหว่างเล่มสอง และสามในชุด (ดังนั้นขอนับว่าเป็น 2.5 แล้วกันนะคะ) เล่าเรื่องของคาแร็คเตอร์ที่จะเป็นพระเอกนางเอกของเล่มสี่ ดังนั้นทำใจเลยนะคะว่า เนื้อเรื่องค้างคาไม่จบในตอน ทิ้งท้ายแบบให้ติดตามอ่านกันต่อไป

เกรย์ โดโนฮิว อดีตคนไข้โรคจิตที่ใช้เวลามากกว่าค่อนชีวิตในโรงพยาบาล เหตุการณ์ไฟไหม้ที่ทำให้บิดาเสียชีวิต และสร้างรอยแผลเป็นให้กับเขา ทำให้เกรย์มีชีวิตอย่างคนไม่สมประกอบเป็นเวลาหลายสิบปี จนกระทั่งความจริงเปิดเผยออก ซึ่งสำหรับคนที่ไม่ได้อ่านเรื่อง Eternal Hunger ซึ่งเป็นเล...more
Jennifer Lyon
Quick, sexy and dramatic read!
Sandy
ETERNAL BLOOD by Laura Wright

ETERNAL BLOOD is book 2.5 (novella) and January 2012 release from Laura Wright’s Mark of the Vampire series.

Gray Donahue is an Impure, one of the many Halfling breed of vampires. Along with his ability to hear the thoughts of others, Gray wants nothing more than to ease his pain with sex and blood. But his pain is multi-faceted. As an Impure Gray is hunted by the Eternal Order of Vampires; as a brother, he is heartbroken about his sister’s secret: and as a son, he b...more
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
Eternal Blood is an especial that thrusts us into the life of Gray Donahue at the point in time when he is searching for his purpose in life. He left the Roman brother household in Eternal Kiss because being an Impure, Gray wants to help the Impure resistance fight the Order.

When Eternal Blood starts off, we find Gray working with Riordan James, Vincent Seal and Piper Leigh who are part of a small but powerful vampire coven of Impure warriors. They believe that Gray is the missing piece to their...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Eternal Blood, Book #2.5 of the Mark of the Vampire series
Author: Laura Wright

Synopsis: An Original Mark of the Vampire Novella

Gray Donahue is crippled by the guilt he feels for his father’s death. An Impure vampire cursed with the ability to hear the thoughts of others, he indulges in blood and sex to stave off the pain of his existence. He is then abducted by the Eternal Order of Vampires, who subject him to a nightmarish ritual. But when he is rescued by the icy pureblood vampire Dillon, he f...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Ever since Eternal Kiss I've wanted to read more about Gray and Dillon. I think they might be my favorite couple, and they're not even a couple yet!

This short story takes us into the life of Gray, Sara's brother, after Eternal Kiss. Not to be missed as there's a big revelation about Gray and what he is. And not to be missed because we get another taste for what Dillon and Gray can be together! Plenty of sexual tension between these two!! When they finall...more
Krissy
For a short story I felt this book was pretty great, I felt that Laura could have turned it into a full novel with all the potential the story had but she did a good job keeping me emotionally involved with Gray and his struggles.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This very short read was intriguing, sexy, & a bit scary.
You get some great scenes in this one especially with Gray & Dillon. But the best enlightenment comes with the information Gray receives about himself & his birth right. Which sets him on a path of more danger but one of purpose. Gray gets a true sense of his destiny. Making the choice of leaving his self destructive behavior behind. And I can't wait to see how this plays out in this series.

Awesome short read.. I do wish it co...more
S
Aimless Gray (and thus the reader) gets to experience what being an Impure is like when the Order grabs him for the blood castration ritual. He finds out more about his father, Jeremy, and a question is raised regarding the fire that put him in a coma so many years ago. Of course, he is saved by Dillon, whom he lusts after (but she likes his sister Sara who is Alex's mate - what kind of love polygon is this?). His experience fuels his drive to save the Impures in the Paleo and he ends up more fo...more
Terree
It was ok, I was a little disappointed though. I liked the little bit of background that we got for Gray, but I was looking for a little bit more interaction in the episode with Dillon. I am assuming it is just the build up for when they actually do get together in his book... but we could have gotten a little more. I've gotten little add on books like this from other authors, with double the content and for only 1.99 instead of 3.99. This was actually about 35 pages as opposed to the 85 or so p...more
Amie
Even though this is a short book it gives a look at what Gray is up to and peek at what maybe between Gray and Dillon.
Victoria
Nice quick read. I'm looking forward to a full length Gray book. After this we need one. Laura lets a few secrets go in this novella. Like what Gray and Sara really are ;). I'm still trying to figure out what Dillon has going on in her head. There has to be a reason why she's there for Gray. Can't wait for ETERNAL CAPTIVE maybe Laura will give us more Gray info :).
Brandy
I have always had a soft spot for Gray. The life he's had, the hard times he's endured. I am interested to see where his life goes from here. This was an excellent short story! It grabbed me from the very first page, lots of action and leaves you wanting more.
Sheila Grindatti
I absolutely didn't get this book.... it's like I never read the others in the series...
I like the first two book, I'm sure the third book will be good, but this one.... left me confused as to what the heck did I misread, cause I don't know these people...
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
Eternal Blood grabbed a hold of you right away, no easing into the story just "Wham, Bam and almost Thank you Mam'm". Laura Wright always delivers, her writing is gripping, the romance is scorching and the characters are vibrant. Definite 5 stars!
Dee Adams
Eternal Blood starts with bang and gives us a great look at Gray and his tortured soul. Laura Wright knows how to kick up the steam and keep the reader wanting more. I can't wait for Eternal Captive and look forward to seeing more of Gray and D.
Ctanner
Barely any story here, I thought this was going to be about Grey and Dillon, but it was only a tease. The tease was not at all fulfilling. 50% of this ebook is a sneak peak at the next book. Don't bother with this one.
AngelLeah
I loved this tease of a short story! I find Gray very interesting and I love where Laura Wright is going with his character. This was a super short read, but now I am more than interesting in his book!
Emily
I loved what this novella added to the MOTV series, definitely think it was worth reading. Warning though, it will make you wish Gray & Dillon's book was coming out sooner than August!
Mel
What a great way to spend my lunch hour. Eternal Blood is made of awesome and has me itching to learn more about Gray and the Impures. Can't wait to see what happens next.
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Novella:...a do not MISS...you will be lost when it comes to further books. Furthers the plot. Great intro to new character and answers some why questions about the plot.
Glynda Roy
This short story really has me wound up for the next book. This is a great new series. Ms Wright is a very talented writer with a wonderful imagination.
Tamran
Love it!! Please read Laura's books! She's just so great & love her vampire world! Can't wait for more Gray! This was a great little read :)
BJS
Not the usual for a short novel, but nether the less it was a brilliant little book to wet the appetite for the following storys.
Mandy
Man, he went from vegetable to buff pretty fast...must be his blood making him recuperate physically faster than any human.
Jancy
A fantastic glimpse into gray world. Gives you a real taste and leaves you wanting their story to continue. very intriguing
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
So good, but to short!!! Just when I am getting into the story it was done.. Uggg Can't wait so see more of Gray...
Tamara
A disappointment from Laura Wright, More of a Prologue for a novel than an actual novella, full review to come
  • Lian/Roch (Bayou Heat, #9-10)
  • Hunted: A Cyn & Raphael Novella (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #5 )
  • Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #3.5)
  • Jonas (Blood and Sex, #2)
  • Always, Angel
  • Hearts Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • Embraced by Blood (Sweetblood, #2)
  • Bound in Darkness (Bound, #2)
  • Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)
  • Saving Jenna (Night Creatures, #1)
  • Thomas's Choice (Scanguards Vampires, #8)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Curse, #2)
  • Long Shots: Books 1-3
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of Mark of the Vampire, Bayou Heat, Cavanaugh Brothers series, and Wicked Ink Chronicles.
More about Laura Wright...
Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1) Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2) First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #1) Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) Shattered Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #2)