Start by marking “Stolen (Bitten #2)” as Want to Read:
Stolen (Bitten #2)

Stolen (Bitten #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,463 ratings  ·  86 reviews
When a shackled Ally awakes inside a cold, dank cell, she quickly remembers that her life took a sudden wrong turn. Her friends, also incarcerated, are swiftly brought up to date and now fear for their lives. How could Ally be stuck in a vampiric love triangle? Will they ever be freed? Worst still, Ally was in transformation and she was getting quite...thirsty. Benedict wa ...more
Published August 24th 2011 by Merrill Gemus (first published July 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen

Michelle Randall
This is the second book in a Vampire series written by Merrill Gemus.

Although I liked the book, and have read one and two, I do not feel that they are two books, but more like two parts of a whole book that have been separated for some unknown reason. Both books end with a major cliffhanger and you only get like the first quarter of the story on book one and the second leads up to about the halfway point. I really hate that because looking at her website it says the title of the next part of the
Charity
Book 2 in the Bitten Mini Series. This is not a stand alone read. I like the story these 3 books are telling, but this book has so many editing errors, and the chapter recapping every details that happened in book was between the characters was a snooze that I just skimmed over.

I intend to read book 3, but I really hope it is free like the first 2. (On a Side Note- I want to Thank Merrill Gemus for providing us with her stories for free- it is appreciated!)

I would like to recommend combining the
Kenecia
Just like everyone else has said, this is a step up from the first novella. Do I have the same complaints? Yes. The author's writing is nothing to write home about. Her storytelling sounds a lot like school girl gossip. The characters don't have much substance behind them, except the antagonist. I could describe the bad guy in detail, but the two main characters? No.

The story line itself is decent. That's what makes reading possible. Not just reading, but mild enjoyment. Once again, an editor w
Missyb
continues basically where the first book (Bitten) left off, but what a difference in writing. This one was like a high school kid wrote it. The tenses were off in the same sentence, and constantly in the same paragraph the character was refered to as Ben & Benedict, yet in the first book he was always referred to as Benedict other then when she called him Ben once or twice. The writing was haphazard and made for start & stop reading. Really like the story and again it was too short. Wish ...more
Cathy
Book two (following Bitten) finds Ally kidnapped by Moira, her vampire's betrothed. Ben enlists his friend, Gabe, to help in his search for Ally. Gabe is sure Moira is involved (her family destroyed his) but Ben won't even think about the possibility.
Was disappointed to find that this was not the end of the story. There will be a 3rd short/novella that, I hope, will finish the tale.
Eva
I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the first one of the Bitten series. Loved it actually and here I am waiting for book three. ugh. I like short reads and this short read was really nice even with the little grammar errors. MERRILL WHERE IS BOOK THREE????? Worth the read cause it just keeps you interested from page one until the last page.
Kellie
I've given it a 4 star because I really did enjoy the story, what has put me off of the fact it's not been finished, the third book was never released as far as I can tell......it's bad of an author to grab your attention, take money from you then not finish the series, I wouldn't mind as much if Merrill actually kept her readers updated, but I've read lots of messages asking, and pleading for just some info on the third book, but sadly got no reply, neither her blog, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, ...more
Nicole
It is hard to say much about this book. I think it is too short to get a general feel for main charcthers. Also Benedict was to navie. He should have seen His fiance doing something like kidnapping. I think this book would have been better off if the whole series was made into one.
Krista
Jun 06, 2012 Krista marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i got so pissed at the last page!!! moira is a B****!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! PLEASE COME OUT WITH THE THIRD BOOK LIKE.....NOW lol i love the bitten books. omg YOU MUST HURRY!!! XD
Jessica
Love.....Love....Loved this book. I cannot wait for the third installment!!!!!!! I am actually hoping that there may be even a fourth installment!
Jen
As the 2nd book to this series, this was pretty good - it picked up right away as it left off in the 2nd book.

Benedict was talking to his friend Gabe on the phone just before he noticed Ally was missing.
Gabe never liked Moira and her family. he held a grudge against them and vowed to bring the whole family name down, but with Benedict betrothed to Moira, he had no choice but to grin and bear it.. for now.

when Benedict called Gabe back telling him Ally had been kidnapped, Gabe came over right
Jenny Delandro
Ally is been chained inside a cell and her friends who were at the club with her when she meet Benedict are there also.
Benedict is scheduled to marry a vampire called Moria and the only way he can get out of marrying her is if he bonds with his mate and the Vampire Council ratify it.
(view spoiler)
Leslie Wiederspan
Ugh. I really hoped something bad would have happened to Ally. Nope. Again,horrible, awful "ending". The overall story was better than the first "book". Thats about it. Past tense and present tense were mixed in the sentences. Aggravating typos. Very glad this one was free too. I will be deleting these from my Kindle to make room for something more worthwhile.
Caro
This one was an ok freebie too. There weren't as many typos and such, so it was easier to read, but there were still a few. There characters were still a little bland and there didn't seem to be much depth. This book ended in the middle of a scene. Again, this one was ok, but not really great. I'm not going to be buying the next book. Good Luck
Donna
Ally is stolen from the balconey and she wakes up in a cell cold and alone. Alone no and quite soon enough she is brought up to date by her girl friends that are in the cell next to her. Of course she has some bringing up to date herself to tell the girls. How could this happen she is still in transformation and getting very thirsty plus all this explaining. Well, her new mate could be her last hope, unless what is that there or rather WHO ? ?

This again is another cliff hanger but we have been
Audrianna
I will definitely not be reading the final installment to the series. I am so glad that these books were free because overall, the story is not good. I understand that it is a novella but the characters and the story seem rushed. Also, the grammar mistakes, specifically using the correct verb tenses, is just atrocious. I am a junior in high school and many of the lines had me rereading them repeatedly because they just did not flow together or make sense. I think Ms. Gemus needs to spend more ti ...more
Taylor Nicole auth
Realllllllyyy good book

Realllllllyyy good book

this book was super amazing. I love the plot line. I actually love anything that has to do with vampires or werewolves so this was perfect for me.
Stephanie
I love teh strength the female character has in this book..however, her vampire love seems to blind and trusting to the woman he is bethrothed too..cannot wait to see what happens to Ally and her friends in the next installment!
Sabrina
Left me hanging

Left me hanging

I enjoyed the change of pace, more realistic that the lover is so easily swayed. Men are easily persuaded by nice words.
Nikki
When a shackled Ally awakes inside a cold, dank cell, she quickly remembers that her life took a sudden wrong turn. Her friends, also incarcerated, are swiftly brought up to date and now fear for their lives. How could Ally be stuck in a vampiric love triangle? Will they ever be freed? Worst still, Ally was in transformation and she was getting quite… thirsty. Benedict was possibly her only hope

Oh Come on this short length is killing me! I seriously read the book in a hour!! UGH! I want more dam
Tammie McMullen
Good read

I really liked the first book then I liked this one as well. can't wait to read the third since this one left me hanging.
Cheryl
i loved it BUT the write is gone and it looks like UnBroken will never be wrote ... so it is somewhat stuck in limbo w/o a ending
Dragonsfire
I was surprised to see this book given 5 stars by so many people on smashwords...must have been teens reading this book or someone who hasn't read any really good books. To begin with, the book seems so rushed...everything happens so fast, and just when you're getting to the good part...well now you have to wait for the next book...AND there were lots of misused words!

All in all, you still want to read it and finish it. Book leaves you hanging just like book 1, but I love how she ends her books
Mandy Sinard
WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS AUTHOR SHES VANISHED. AND WANT TO FINISH HER SERIES
Trina
I feel like 5 more pages and then you could have ended the book. there are cliff hangers and there is finishing a sentence with a period.ijust stopped!?! ( She was screaming in a cabin and if was on fire and then he got knock over the head THE END) WTF?!? I had to make sure I downloaded the whole story?? I feel like nothing has been resolved to even try to read the 3rd book. I've never read a book where the main issue isn't solved in the 2 books. but i feel like if I read the 3rd the conflict st ...more
Melissa
I gave this book 4 stars I really liked it and kept turning the pages to see What was going to happen next.The only thing is the author leaves you hanging at the end like she did in the 1st book. Usually I don't have a problem with this because of the next book coming out. Unfortunately the author has not updated her status nor does it look like she has said When the next book will be out and she shows a title called Unbroken but no info as to when. Its a great story line but really does need to ...more
Missy
Like the first book in the series this book was also a nice quick read. The story continued where the first one left off and some of the questions that I had after reading the first book were answered. The plot of both books is nice and fast paced.

While the length is short the 'plot problem' is resolved by the end. However I really liked the author's writing style and belive both books that are out have room to be expanded into full novels. Wish the third book was out.
Karin
Couldn't put it down

This was just as good as the first book. I do feel instead of three novellas it would have been better as one book. However, I read the first two in one night seriously could not put it down.
Melissa
Apr 26, 2012 Melissa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girlfriends
Recommended to Melissa by: free nook book
Slightly better than the first book as far as the story goes, but the storytelling seemed like it was coming from my teenage daughter. The story and characters are likeable, the author just needs to proofread and pay more attention to detail. I will continue with the story and read the third book in the series. I only wish the author the best of luck as she develops.
Aly
Is this real life? This book was poorly written. My MIDDLE school English teacher is probably rolling over in her grave for all the terrible mistakes throughout this book. The plot was mediocre. I can't say I was disappointed because after reading the first book I never expected anything better. I can't believe this book has gotten such a high rating thus far.
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • The Vampire from Hell: The Beginning (The Vampire from Hell, #1)
  • Lure of the Night (Vampire Winter Saga, #1)
  • Silver Moon (Moon Trilogy, #3)
  • One Last Bite
  • Heku (Heku #1)
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • Elfbitten (Taryn Malloy Fantasy, #1)
  • Black Silk
  • A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)
  • Brenin
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)
  • Quinn, a Vampire Watcher's Story (Royal Blood Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Eye of the Witch (Tony Marcella Mysteries, #2)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
  • Claimed
Merrill Gemus is an independent author and self-publisher who creates short stories, novels and mini-series on her spare time.

She started blogging in January 2009 and developed an interest in writing in August 2009.

She has completed her first short story, The Call, which is loosely based on her own high school romance.

Recently, she concluded book one and two of her vampire miniseries, called “Bitt
More about Merrill Gemus...

Bitten (2 books)
  • Bitten (Bitten #1)
Bitten (Bitten #1) The Call

“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot.” 1 likes
“In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you. - Oscar Wilde” 1 likes