Start by marking “Princess in Peril” as Want to Read:
Princess in Peril

Princess in Peril (Reclaiming the Crown #1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  34 reviews
When insurgents attack the king's motorcade, scattering the royal family, bodyguard Levi Granaldo has one goal--to protect the princess. Even though he knows Princess Isabelle distrusts him. On the run together, they flee to New York, to the shelter of a sanctuary established by Levi's father. But their safety can't last. After a surprise attack divides the pair, Isabelle...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Princess in Peril, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess in Peril

Caroline
Another great book by Rachelle, and the first of a series. Romance, espionage, and royalty. Doesn't get any better. Recommend.
Melanie
The Royal Family of Lydia was ambushed on their way to a state dinner. With the help of Levi (her new bodyguard), Princess Isabelle manages to survive the attack and escape. But that isn't the end of the danger - someone wants the power of the throne and will do anything to get it!

From the beginning pages of Princess in Peril, my attention was grabbed. I loved how, at first, Isabelle didn't trust Levi, but as time went on, she found that he was one of the only people she could trust.

Out of the b...more
Kara
My Comments
What a great book! Princess Isabelle is on her way to a state dinner when her motorcade is attacked! She doesn’t trust her new bodyguard, Levi, but she will find out that without his protection she’s in even more danger. Did her family survive the ambush? Levi isn’t supposed to be a bodyguard, but he wants to prove himself worthy of taking over the business when his father retires so he just needs to complete this one mission keeping the princess safe. Will he be able to keep his feel...more
Kristy
Princess Isabelle's motorcade was ambushed on it's way to a state dinner. Her new body guard, who Isabelle knows very little about and doesn't trust, immediately jumps into action. Levi and Isabelle work together to find out who is behind the ambush on her family and all the while evading capture. I don't think I am giving anything away by saying they are both very attracted to each other and naturally fall in love.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I had no idea it was written by a chris...more
Tamera Westhoff
It's about Princess Isabelle from a made up country Lydia, that is saved by her bodyguard when insurgents attack their motorcade. It progresses to the point that she figures out who the bad guys are and she has to figure out how to save herself and her family from their evil clutches. I LOVED IT! I was actually upset that the next one isn't out yet (even though I know it's hard for authors to churn them out)! I assumed that the whole series had already been written and was just being printed. I...more
Brandy
I HATE when they do this to me. I fall IN -LOVE with a book and it's a series. Lol! Another Joshua Springs thrift store find, and so glad I did. I now have another favorite author in Rachelle McCalla, and will now have to purchase the rest of the series, (the rest of Princess Isabelle's siblings stories on Amazon.)I am IN - LOVE! Levi Grenaldo Le Sigh! I think this is the most romantic Love Inspired's. Certainly LI Suspense I have ever read! As I said, I LOVED Levi. Loved Princess Isabelle. Love...more
Mistyblue
This contained a fun mix of danger, romance, and the allure of royalty. It was really fun to meet the royal family of this fictional kingdom and follow the adventures of the princess as she tries to protect her country from rebels determined to overthrow it. I loved it! :)
Judy
Prequel to Princess in Peril... Royal Peril
**This is a free read on eharlequin at:
Adrianna Raff has flown from New York to Albania to surprise her brother and his family. They are missionaries there and her nephew is about to have his 3rd birthday. As she goes to catch the bus she notices two identical back packs next to each other. She had thought her red plaid one would be unique. She opens the first one and it has papers and guns. She quickly grabs hers...more
Keri
I won this book from the Goodreads giveaway. Sadly, this book didn't live up to my expectations. While the story has potential, I wouldn't consider it suspensful, as the cover says. There was too much talking and explaining instead of action, though I have to admit, there were really good moments in certain chapters that did live up to the suspense theme. Another thing for me was the romance. It moved too fast in my opinion. Like Levi, the main character, said towards the end of the book, he and...more
Carrie Kaut
ehhhh more like 3 1/2 only because! the plot wasnt that great it could of been a bit better..like why were the generals involved? and get a lil more into stephano like seriously i dont know where this whole plot was going execpt with tyrone...but yet again it was a cheesy love story that im a sucker for...but yet again there wasnt like an undying love confession what the hell! and there was barely any romance execpt for omg im gonna hold your hand or omg your smell like cinnamon if someone told...more
John Hanscom
It is a shame I have to give this book two stars, as the story is generally exciting. First of all, too much was left hanging for later books (Who will reign? What about those generals?) But, worst of all, the author needs to fire her editor. Especially at the beginning of the book, there were some real bad "howlers." I do not blame the author, as she knew what she meant, but any good editor would have caught things such as, when the two protagonists were going up stairs in the dark, one says, "...more
Christina
I have never experienced such grace in writing until I read this book. This was a great read.
A great short story with lots of danger & intrigue. I enjoyed Princess Isabella's story. I really liked how her & Levi stopped to pray about the situations they were facing. I don't often do this, but I read this series out of order. This is the third one I've read in this series, with only The Missing Monarch left to read. This book does leave you in a little bit of suspense, wondering what's going to happen. It made me a glad that I know more of the story. It won't come to a nice concl...more
Christina
Love this book. I can't stop myself from rereading it.
One of the things I love about Rachelle McCalla's books, is that usually, the couple prays together and talks about faith before they ever kiss. This one was no exception. Although the romance is based quite a bit on emotion, the characters share their faith and pray together often.

The one thing I didn't like about this book was the villain. He was intent on getting Isabelle so that he could use her to produce a heir to the throne.

overall it was the romantic adventure I have come to expect from...more
Jennifer Worry
This book has a little bit of it all; love, romance, espionage and murder. Princess Isabelle's family had their royal motorcade blown up, and now she must run for her life to survive. The only person she can trust is her bodyguard Levi, and even that is questionable to Isabelle. Trying to figure out who the bad guys are, and who the good guys are gives this book a more interesting edge. While it is a romance book, it's not quite the typical romance story either.
Melody
I LOVED this book. Just the perfect amount of adventure and romance! Add a kick butt princess into the mix and I am so completely hooked! :)

I almost read it all in one sitting, and believe me I didn't want to out it down when I had to go to work! This is my second read from Rachelle McCalla, and it surely won't be my last! I cannot wait to read the rest of this series!
Judine
I love the concept of Isabelle's country of Lydia with a royal family who can trace their roots back to biblical times. The international intrigue and Levi's work in international law make the concept work really well. Maybe a bit too fast-paced at times, the proposal at the end seemed a bit too convenient.
Jessica
I don't usually read romance books very often because I get bored fast but this one I couldn't put down. I really enjoyed this book due to the suspense and wanting to know what happened next. I have recommended to this book to a few. Thanks for the book!! Hope to read more from you.
Katie
A very action-packed suspense from start to finish. I felt the romance was a bit paper thin, but besides that, it was a good read. The plot was great and believable and the ending satisfactory, though now I will want to read the other books in the series as they come out. :-)
Maureen
Enjoyed this until the end which seemed rushed and unfinished as though the author reached her quota for the words in her novel and just hurried to finish the story. Up until then the story itself was good.
Charisa Flaherty
I received this book for free as a first reads winner, I thought it was a cute story. A bit predictable with one twist that I didn't see coming. The love story part was a little thin.
SheLove2Read
Nov 14, 2011 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I usually like these short inspirational romances but after several over the top scenes and one truly eye rolling section of dialog, I gave up. DNF.
Nina
I loved this book, a really great read. Lots of action. She is doing a series on this, the next one is Protecting The Princess. Cant wait for it.
Kelsey
A little hard to follow the action but very good just the same. The main character, known as "Ice Princess", finds love!
Sami
This book was really predictable but the parts that were suprising- REALLY cought me off guard!!!!
Jill
Love Inspired Suspense #1 Reclaiming The Crown series. Isabella/Levi
Mary
Sep 11, 2011 Mary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
yet another book due out oct. 4th, 2011.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Reclaiming the Crown
  • Point of No Return (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense)(Missions of Mercy, #1).
  • Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)
  • Deep Cover
  • Nightwatch
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • A Promise to Protect
  • The Protector
  • Highland Hearts
  • The Cowboy Target (Protection Specialists, #4)
  • Agent Undercover
  • Dangerous Allies (WWII Series, #1)
  • Dangerous Melody
  • Dead Wrong
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • Engaging the Earl
Protecting the Princess (Reclaiming The Crown, #2) Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3) A Royal Marriage (Protecting the Crown, #1) The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3) The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)