Start by marking “Princess in Peril” as Want to Read:
Princess in Peril

Princess in Peril (Reclaiming the Crown #1)

When insurgents attack the king's motorcade, scattering the royal family, bodyguard Levi Granaldo has one goal--to protect the princess. Even though he knows Princess Isabelle distrusts him. On the run together, they flee to New York, to the shelter of a sanctuary established by Levi's father. But their safety can't last. After a surprise attack divides the pair, Isabelle
Published October 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Princess in Peril, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess in Peril

Caroline
Nov 14, 2011 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Rachelle, and the first of a series. Romance, espionage, and royalty. Doesn't get any better. Recommend.
Melanie
Sep 02, 2011 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
The Royal Family of Lydia was ambushed on their way to a state dinner. With the help of Levi (her new bodyguard), Princess Isabelle manages to survive the attack and escape. But that isn't the end of the danger - someone wants the power of the throne and will do anything to get it!

From the beginning pages of Princess in Peril, my attention was grabbed. I loved how, at first, Isabelle didn't trust Levi, but as time went on, she found that he was one of the only people she could trust.

Out of the b
Kara
Dec 22, 2013 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Comments
What a great book! Princess Isabelle is on her way to a state dinner when her motorcade is attacked! She doesn’t trust her new bodyguard, Levi, but she will find out that without his protection she’s in even more danger. Did her family survive the ambush? Levi isn’t supposed to be a bodyguard, but he wants to prove himself worthy of taking over the business when his father retires so he just needs to complete this one mission keeping the princess safe. Will he be able to keep his feel
Kristy
Princess Isabelle's motorcade was ambushed on it's way to a state dinner. Her new body guard, who Isabelle knows very little about and doesn't trust, immediately jumps into action. Levi and Isabelle work together to find out who is behind the ambush on her family and all the while evading capture. I don't think I am giving anything away by saying they are both very attracted to each other and naturally fall in love.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I had no idea it was written by a chris
Tamera Westhoff
Jan 25, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's about Princess Isabelle from a made up country Lydia, that is saved by her bodyguard when insurgents attack their motorcade. It progresses to the point that she figures out who the bad guys are and she has to figure out how to save herself and her family from their evil clutches. I LOVED IT! I was actually upset that the next one isn't out yet (even though I know it's hard for authors to churn them out)! I assumed that the whole series had already been written and was just being printed. I ...more
Mistyblue
Feb 25, 2012 Mistyblue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This contained a fun mix of danger, romance, and the allure of royalty. It was really fun to meet the royal family of this fictional kingdom and follow the adventures of the princess as she tries to protect her country from rebels determined to overthrow it. I loved it! :)
Claudia Rosa
Apr 07, 2012 Claudia Rosa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
Hannah
Well, this was a modern Ruritanian thriller! Lydia is a tiny country near Greece and Albania, and its monarchs have been Christians for centuries. The land has a long history of peace, but one day insurgents attack the royal motorcade and blow up the members of the royal family. Isabelle survives by the quick action of her bodyguard, a half-American young man, and a quick chase ensues...through the catacombs, dungeons, and crypts, then across the border and to New York. But Isabelle can't run fo ...more
Judy
Oct 21, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prequel to Princess in Peril... Royal Peril
**This is a free read on eharlequin at:
Adrianna Raff has flown from New York to Albania to surprise her brother and his family. They are missionaries there and her nephew is about to have his 3rd birthday. As she goes to catch the bus she notices two identical back packs next to each other. She had thought her red plaid one would be unique. She opens the first one and it has papers and guns. She quickly grabs hers
Keri
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.

Sadly, this book didn't live up to my expectations. While the story has potential, I wouldn't consider it suspensful, as the cover says. There was too much talking and explaining instead of action, though I have to admit, there were really good moments in certain chapters that did live up to the suspense theme. Another thing for me was the romance. It moved too fast in my opinion. Like Levi, the main character, said towards the end of the
Brandy
Aug 09, 2014 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I HATE when they do this to me. I fall IN -LOVE with a book and it's a series. Lol! Another Joshua Springs thrift store find, and so glad I did. I now have another favorite author in Rachelle McCalla, and will now have to purchase the rest of the series, (the rest of Princess Isabelle's siblings stories on Amazon.)I am IN - LOVE! Levi Grenaldo Le Sigh! I think this is the most romantic Love Inspired's. Certainly LI Suspense I have ever read! As I said, I LOVED Levi. Loved Princess Isabelle. Love ...more
Carrie Kaut
Dec 12, 2011 Carrie Kaut rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
ehhhh more like 3 1/2 only because! the plot wasnt that great it could of been a bit better..like why were the generals involved? and get a lil more into stephano like seriously i dont know where this whole plot was going execpt with tyrone...but yet again it was a cheesy love story that im a sucker for...but yet again there wasnt like an undying love confession what the hell! and there was barely any romance execpt for omg im gonna hold your hand or omg your smell like cinnamon if someone told ...more
John Hanscom
It is a shame I have to give this book two stars, as the story is generally exciting. First of all, too much was left hanging for later books (Who will reign? What about those generals?) But, worst of all, the author needs to fire her editor. Especially at the beginning of the book, there were some real bad "howlers." I do not blame the author, as she knew what she meant, but any good editor would have caught things such as, when the two protagonists were going up stairs in the dark, one says, " ...more
Sep 16, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
One of the things I love about Rachelle McCalla's books, is that usually, the couple prays together and talks about faith before they ever kiss. This one was no exception. Although the romance is based quite a bit on emotion, the characters share their faith and pray together often.

The one thing I didn't like about this book was the villain. He was intent on getting Isabelle so that he could use her to produce a heir to the throne.

overall it was the romantic adventure I have come to expect from
Nov 11, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-challenges
A great short story with lots of danger & intrigue. I enjoyed Princess Isabella's story. I really liked how her & Levi stopped to pray about the situations they were facing. I don't often do this, but I read this series out of order. This is the third one I've read in this series, with only The Missing Monarch left to read. This book does leave you in a little bit of suspense, wondering what's going to happen. It made me a glad that I know more of the story. It won't come to a nice concl ...more
Jennifer Worry
Jan 03, 2014 Jennifer Worry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a little bit of it all; love, romance, espionage and murder. Princess Isabelle's family had their royal motorcade blown up, and now she must run for her life to survive. The only person she can trust is her bodyguard Levi, and even that is questionable to Isabelle. Trying to figure out who the bad guys are, and who the good guys are gives this book a more interesting edge. While it is a romance book, it's not quite the typical romance story either.
Cathy Beckett
Jan 05, 2015 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Loved this story in McCalla's Reclaiming the Crown series. It was full of action and adventure. Princess Isabelle and her new bodyguard, Levi Granaldo, are in deep trouble. Her family's motorcade has been attacked and Isabelle fears she is the only survivor.
Levi in his attempt to keep Isabelle safe must find out who they can trust. There is just one little problem. He isn't really a bodyguard. He is a lawyer and trying to keep Isabelle safe is proving to be more than he bargained on.
Judine
I love the concept of Isabelle's country of Lydia with a royal family who can trace their roots back to biblical times. The international intrigue and Levi's work in international law make the concept work really well. Maybe a bit too fast-paced at times, the proposal at the end seemed a bit too convenient.
Melody
Oct 09, 2013 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. Just the perfect amount of adventure and romance! Add a kick butt princess into the mix and I am so completely hooked! :)

I almost read it all in one sitting, and believe me I didn't want to out it down when I had to go to work! This is my second read from Rachelle McCalla, and it surely won't be my last! I cannot wait to read the rest of this series!
Barbara
This imaginative, tense saga involving a murder plot against the royal family of Lydia is marvelous. Rachelle McCalla keeps you interested, and keeps the action moving throughout the book. The plot also contains romance, faith, and betrayal. This is a great story for those who like drama and intrigue. I highly recommend it.
Maureen
Enjoyed this until the end which seemed rushed and unfinished as though the author reached her quota for the words in her novel and just hurried to finish the story. Up until then the story itself was good.
Katie
Nov 09, 2011 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very action-packed suspense from start to finish. I felt the romance was a bit paper thin, but besides that, it was a good read. The plot was great and believable and the ending satisfactory, though now I will want to read the other books in the series as they come out. :-)
Jessica
I don't usually read romance books very often because I get bored fast but this one I couldn't put down. I really enjoyed this book due to the suspense and wanting to know what happened next. I have recommended to this book to a few. Thanks for the book!! Hope to read more from you.
Kelsey
May 07, 2013 Kelsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little hard to follow the action but very good just the same. The main character, known as "Ice Princess", finds love!
SheLove2Read
Oct 23, 2011 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I usually like these short inspirational romances but after several over the top scenes and one truly eye rolling section of dialog, I gave up. DNF.
Nina
Sep 05, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, a really great read. Lots of action. She is doing a series on this, the next one is Protecting The Princess. Cant wait for it.
Charisa Flaherty
I received this book for free as a first reads winner, I thought it was a cute story. A bit predictable with one twist that I didn't see coming. The love story part was a little thin.
Tena Rees
A lot of running around

This story has a lot of action with the H and h on the constant run from thugs. Not much time for romance. The H gets best up repeatedly. Kind ok silly.
Lynnea
Dec 12, 2015 Lynnea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book was pretty predictable as to the outcome but it was tense knowing how it would get there. So 3 stars for the actual book but 4 because I had to keep reading. :)
MistStorm
MistStorm rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 18, 2014 09:41AM
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Face of Danger
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • Race Against Time
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Double Identity
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)

Reclaiming the Crown (4 books)
  • Protecting the Princess (Reclaiming The Crown, #2)
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)
  • The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)