Start by marking “Welcome to the Story: Reading, Loving, and Living God's Word” as Want to Read:
Welcome to the Story: Reading, Loving, and Living God's Word

Welcome to the Story: Reading, Loving, and Living God's Word

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
We may be diligent readers of the Bible and sincere in our desire to relate to its stories, but somewhere between our resolve and reality, we find a disconnect. Could it be that we often miss the forest for the trees? Could it be that we inadvertently try to make the narrative, the story, about us?

In one sense, the story is about us. It is about our creation, our fall into
Published July 7th 2011 by Crossway Books (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to the Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to the Story

Aaron
My full review can be read at Blogging Theologically:

Reading the Bible can be a tricky thing if you don’t always know what you’re looking for. In Welcome to the Story, Stephen J. Nichols surveys the grand storyline of the Bible and offers insights for getting the most out of our reading of Scripture.

Nichols breaks down the the big story of Scripture into four acts—Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Restoration—and carefully teases out a few helpful implications of each of the important truths. Most
Mark
Truly outstanding for covering a crucial topic so well. Required reading in our household now. The only additions he could have made is 1-2 paragraphs on biblical meditation (read, meditate, pray, in that order) on "How do we learn to love?" (pages 127-128) and a caution on man's word being in the notes of a study bible (pages 161-162).
Chris Griffith
Kinda' sorta' wants to be like N.T. Wright with full safety-net in place. This would be a very good book for one new to the Christian Faith. NIchols is a better writer than a deep theologian. But that's not a bad thing.
Tim Sheppard
A good introductory Bible introduction. I didn't read anything that was new here. Still, I was blessed by the treatment of God's words of eternal life.
Abi
Abi is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2015
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Cynthia Coletti
Cynthia Coletti marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Dwight
Dwight added it
Oct 27, 2014
Amy Jacobsen
Amy Jacobsen marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Christa
Christa marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Ethan Librivore Nixon
Ethan Librivore Nixon is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2014
Lewis
Lewis marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Deja Lenae
Deja Lenae marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Christany
Christany marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Doug
Doug added it
Feb 25, 2013
Drew
Drew added it
Dec 27, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Davidl
Davidl marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Kelsey
Kelsey is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2012
Pops
Pops marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Stephen J. Nichols (PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary) is president of Reformation Bible College and chief academic officer of Ligonier Ministries. Previously, he served as research professor of Christianity and culture at Lancaster Bible College. He is an editor (with Justin Taylor) of the Theologians on the Christian Life series and is the author of several books, including The Reformation, ...more
More about Stephen J. Nichols...
The Reformation: How a Monk and a Mallet Changed the World Jesus Made in America: A Cultural History from the Puritans to the Passion of the Christ For Us and for Our Salvation: The Doctrine of Christ in the Early Church Martin Luther: A Guided Tour of His Life and Thought The Church History ABCs: Augustine and 25 Other Heroes of the Faith