Start by marking “The Dream” as Want to Read:
The Dream

The Dream

Hercule Poirot is reluctant to answer a letter demanding his services by the reclusive and eccentric millionaire Benedict Farley. Farley wants him to diagnose his recurring dream of death, in which he shoots himself at precisely 3:28 p.m. Then, a week after dismissing Poirot, the dream becomes real. Each member of the Farley household that Poirot questions seems to be more ...more
Published September 27th 2011 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream

Brooklyn Tayla
Aug 09, 2015 Brooklyn Tayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: agatha-christie
Was it murder? Was it suicide?

Find out in this gripping short story!

I loved it - I listened to the audiobook of it narrated by Hugh Fraser - a favourite- and it was just great. One of my favourites of Dame Agatha's short stories with the little man Roth the egg shaped head :)
Dec 21, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it
Murder or Suicide? Can a dream become reality? This short story, featuring Christie's Hercule Poirot, will have you asking that question until the final pages.
Jul 06, 2016 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone; detective; mystery stories; who done it?
Poirot is requested to consult with an eccentric billionaire. At the visit, Poirot notices some behaviors that are odd, but can be explained by his eccentric nature. The man describes the dream he is having recur every night: He dreams that at a specific time he takes out a revolver from where he keeps it and kills himself. Poirot has no help for him, since he also described the opinions of three different doctors about the dream.

A few weeks later, Poirot is called to the same house because the
Sep 08, 2014 Dodecahedron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Poirot short stories. I'm not sure when I first read it, but the last occasion was July 2013 when I stumbled across a whole collection of audiobooks owned by my library. Seasoned Agatha Christie fans should enjoy this immensely. To those new to her work, this is probably as good a place to start as any.
Sep 10, 2013 Margaret rated it really liked it
I love Hercule Poirot. This short story was wonderful. And what was even better was that I could download from my local library onto my Galaxy :) I love listening in my car while driving - or waiting.

If you love mysteries Agatha Christie never gets old.
Apr 01, 2014 Agata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christie-agatha, 2014
This is one of my favorite short stories. It's a good mystery but like other short stories, it is not difficult to figure out the ending.
Sep 01, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize this was a short story so maybe cheating a bit counting it towards my yearly book goal.
Becky rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Fleeta rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Arun Iyer
Arun Iyer rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Annett Nyrud
Annett Nyrud rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Megan rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Saumil Shah
Saumil Shah rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Shree Ram
Shree Ram rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Lam rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Amanda rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Nic rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Faiza Ali Sattar
Faiza Ali Sattar rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Anshuman rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Barbara rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Farha Crystal
Farha Crystal rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2016
DeLisa Konefal
DeLisa Konefal rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Chelsey rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
Craig rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Brenda O'dell
Brenda O'dell rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Kimberly rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Cherie Ernest
Cherie Ernest rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
PortCityDeDe rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Lene Jensen
Lene Jensen rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days
  • Great Detectives: A Century of the Best Mysteries from England and America
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • Surviving the Island of Grace: A Memoir of Alaska
  • The Kennel Murder Case (A Philo Vance Mystery #6)
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Alliance
  • Women in the Church: A Biblical Theology of Women in Ministry
  • Agatha Christie, Woman of Mystery (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 2)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Il corriere colombiano
  • Murder in the Gunroom
  • Ramage & the Guillotine (The Lord Ramage Novels, #6)
  • Mordshunger
  • Footprints of a Dancer (Detective Elliot Mystery #3)
  • Command (Kydd Sea Adventures, #7)
  • The Case of the Foot-Loose Doll (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • Whodunnit? Murder on Mystery Island (Whodunnit?, #2)
  • The Gorgon

More about Agatha Christie...