Start by marking “The Spirit of Christmas: With a Foreword by Debbie Macomber” as Want to Read:
The Spirit of Christmas: With a Foreword by Debbie Macomber

The Spirit of Christmas: With a Foreword by Debbie Macomber

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews

A heartwarming collection of true stories that will inspire, entertain, and get everyone into the spirit of Christmas

At Christmastime, it’s hard not to get caught up in the shopping, the decorating, the party planning and the family drama—and too we often to lose sight of the true meaning of the season. But sometimes, through God’s grace or a simple twist of fate, we’re a
Published October 25th 2011 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spirit of Christmas

There’s always a tearjerker among the Christmas books. This year, it’s The Spirit of Christmas by Cecil Murphey and Marley Gibson. It’s a collection of short stories, true anecdotes about the Christmas season, and the true meaning of the holiday. I couldn’t even wear my reading glasses while I read this one. Too many tears. But, a friend of mine does tell me I’m “mushy.”

There are stories of needy families helped out for Christmas, with unexpected gifts of food, toys, and friendship. There are th
Personally, I thought there were just too many stories, and they were too short. I couldn't truly get invested before it was on to the next one. There were a few, though, that I found to be very meaningful.
As in all collections of stories in fiction or non-fiction there are always some stories you like and some you don't like. I have to say I liked almost all the stories in this collection. In these stories we are reminded why we celebrate this season and why love comes back to many at this time of year. We also learn that miracles can happen.

A quick, often fun read for anyone.
This was a really good collection of stories to put anyone in the Christmas spirit. :)

4/5 stars.

*I suppose I did finish this on December 26, but it felt like December 25 because I finished it at 12:40 am. ;)
Holly Brennan
Soooo my mom buys me a christmas book every year for christmas...but I don't think she actually reads what they are about...this one was a bit too religious for my taste
Individual stories of Christmas revelations. Devotional stories, some of which spoke to me and some didn't. Overall, a heartwarming, feel good book.
Pat Roseman
To be honest, I didn't read the whole thing. It's a collection of stories. Some were good and some not so good. I lost in interest part way through.
Lovely Holiday based stories that made me think. Being grateful for the daily often over looked "small" things was among the lessons I learned.
When the business of Christmas overwhelms you, take a moment and read one of these true stories of Christmas that will touch your heart.
Lovely collection of stories. Just right to put me in the spirit for Christmas.
Very, very good book.
Debbie added it
Nov 24, 2015
Greg marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Dianne is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2015
Carolyn is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2015
Rachel Seaton-Hogan
Rachel Seaton-Hogan marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Lizburke is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2015
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Felicia marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Mary Pitre
Mary Pitre marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Le marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Gift of Christmas: In the Spirit of...Christmas
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • Love Finds You in the City at Christmas
  • Love Finds You On Christmas Morning
  • On Christmas Eve
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Christmas Tree
  • The Christmas Wish
  • Love Finds You at Home for Christmas (Love Finds You)
Cecil Murphey has written or coauthored more than one hundred books, including the autobiography of Franklin Graham, Rebel with a Cause. A collaborator on the bestseller Gifted Hands with Dr. Ben Carson, Cecil resides in Georgia.
More about Cecil Murphey...